St. Petersburg, FL

Posted May 30, 2014
Kids at this school are pitiful! Wild mannered, no respect and I wish I would have enrolled my child in a different school. Teacher don't pay close watch on these kids!

Posted May 30, 2014
Aweful school.. Staff unfriendly. My child has had 2 great teachers since she started here 5 years ago. Thank God this is her last year!

Posted February 01, 2014
This school struggles with lack of parent involvement! Parents are not parenting their children. The teachers are faced with atudents who are raised poorly. The staff is dedicated and more than capable, but they are trying to teach children who have no structure at home. Your child can thrive here, it's takes a coordinated effort. The teachers are faced with a monumental task in this part of the county.

Posted August 09, 2013
This school is horrible....the staff is unfriendly....the administration is uncaring to the staff. The teachers are required to read from a script and are unable to teach using proven effective techniques that put the students first instead of a script.

Posted May 27, 2013
My child enrolled in 2nd Grade last year 2012 and the Staff have always been welcoming at Lakewood Elementary, St. Petersburg.My child's 2nd Grade Teacher's are awesome!!! they definitely deserve a five star rating.Safe school,GREAT TEACHERS,Quick on Discipline.PARENTS need to get involve in PTA.

Posted June 16, 2011
The leadership at this school is awful, and teacher and administrative turnover are high. Children are taught from scripts that a teacher must read out loud. This is boring for the child and teacher, and learning is hardly ever structured toward student needs or interests. Most of the teaching assistants can't do 5th grade math. The medical magnet theme is a sham; it's never implemented. Half the teachers don't even participate in the science fair. There is no recess and hardly any talking at lunch, so children don't get to socialize and burn off energy. There are very few field trips and in general this school is a jail for children. Don't send your kids here!

Lakewood Elementary School 5

Posted May 05, 2007
I love Lakewood. Lakewood has one of the best principals I have ever known. It has a heavy science base which my children love, but also is well rounded. My son has received straight A's all year and I believe that is because he has the best teacher who makes a great team with the support staff and they all create an amazing learning environment. This year there was a strings program in addition to choir and drum. Volunteering is welcomed and encouraged unlike the last school we were in. Also Physical Education is every day which is great! I could go on and on. I really love this school. I wish the courtyard had more landscaping and the PTA had more parents, but those are my only complaints. The neighborhood isn't the best, but not the worst either. I always feel my children are safe.

Posted June 13, 2006

Posted May 09, 2006
This school is a great magnet school but unfortunately is not in a very nice part of St. Petersburg. The Principal is very helpful and accommodating. Beautiful campus.

Lakewood Elementary School 3

Posted September 26, 2005

Lakewood Elementary School
4151 6th Street South, St. Petersburg, FL  33705
Last modified Lakewood Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 1 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Lakewood Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 11 reviews. Top