Posted June 04, 2013
is a wonderful school ... the people who work with or, you are excellent ... Special kudos to the 5th grade ... it was the first school in the United States for my son and I loved it

Sawgrass Lake Elementary School 3

Posted August 27, 2012
Hello guys! I have been calling Sawgrass Lake for about two months now, and 3 times today, and they never answer the phone. I am trying to get info since I will be moving to the state and transferring my children there. any advice, emails, or other numbers I can try? It would be very helpful since I will be out there in less than 2 weeks! yikes! Thanks

Posted August 16, 2012
Sawgrass is a great school no matter how many students they have they know every single one of them by name. I would highly recommend this school. And for those that say they don't want volunteers as a parent that volunteer at the school and in the classrooms I have never once been told they don't want the extra help. PTA is a great opportunity to help the students at sawgrass they are not just about fundraisers and they meet at all times thru out the year not just during the day. If you have suggestions for the PTA and events let them know i am sure they will try to work with you b/c with out us parents doing our part they cant do there part.

Sawgrass Lake Elementary School 2

Posted February 15, 2012
Correct on the parent involvment.. However i have to say i did volunteer all the time there until i was told by Mrs. Marks that parent volunteering is not something they encorage. So, How would people expect better parent involvment... Plus, there several children who are bullies and they are not being delt with properly after the teacher. Me being a parent who wants to be involved was told it is discouraged.... I did speak to PTA about this and at this time looking into new school for next year.

Posted January 22, 2011
Great school. Great curriculum. Great staff. Great library. We always feel welcome. Surprised that we feel so connected in such a large school. Eventhough I didn't want my child to be in a portable classroom, I've learned it doesn't matter. The teacher is so great- we would follow her anywhere.

Posted January 03, 2011
My child has autism and is in the Pre-K program. After 3 public schools in 2 years, this is the first one to really help my child. The teachers and staff are amazing, and you can tell they love their jobs. Some schools aren't so good for special needs kids, but this one is awesome. And a reply to the poster below: Just because parent don't belong to the PTA, doesn't mean they are not involved with their kids. Some parents have to work more than one job, or like myself have a special needs kid that takes up more time than a typical child. Oh and a lot of PTA events involve food, which is not fun for a kid with food allergies, so we have to avoid those.

Posted February 06, 2009

Sawgrass Lake Elementary School 3

Posted January 01, 2008

Sawgrass Lake Elementary School 4

Posted March 24, 2006
As a parent of a Kindergartner at Sawgrass I am very happy with what we've experienced so far. I can't believe how much my daughter has learned. I always feel welcome at the school and there is always an opportunity to participate. PE, Art and Music are wonderful programs, the teachers are very creative and really care about the students.

Sawgrass Lake Elementary School 4

Posted August 10, 2005
The quality of the academic program at this school is very good. The teachers are caring and concerned about the children. They have an active music program, and a multicultural group for extra curricular. Parental involvement however, is pretty low. Less than half belong to PTA, not a lot of support from the majority of the families.

Sawgrass Lake Elementary School
1815 77th Avenue North, St. Petersburg, FL  33702
Last modified Sawgrass Lake Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Sawgrass Lake Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 11 reviews. Top