St. Petersburg, FL

Posted July 01, 2014
We moved our boys from a public fundamental school to St Jude's in January of 2013. They were in 2nd grade and 4th grade. It was the best decision we could have made for our family and our children! The curriculum is excellent including writing Cursive Writing and a second language course - Spanish. They learn accountability, self-discipline, ethical and religious values. They foster a strong sense of community involvement within the school and out in the community itself. I love how the older kids are taught to mentor the younger children rather than demean them. We have nothing but positive experiences with the front office staff, teachers, administrators and the families. The After-Care Program is also excellent. Our boys are getting a good education and enjoying school again. As parents, we could not be happier!

St Jude Cathedral School 1

Posted May 26, 2014
Needs improvement. Teachers seem to not really communicate very well if at all, and the computer system used to log homework and assignments is not utilized effectively. Negative teachers bring down moral of dedicated families, and make some children feel inadequate. (Not really fitting the "Christian way") Lack of organization turns off new prospective parents.

Posted October 03, 2009
Individual attention payed to each student every day in a loving atmosphere

St Jude Cathedral School 2

Posted July 05, 2008
This school shelters the children way to much I would prefer my child go to a public school were they could grow and learn more about studies and also more importantly life!

St Jude Cathedral School 0

Posted June 30, 2008
I think St. Jude is a wonderful school. My 4 kids have attended since Kindergarten. They have learned so much more than they would have at a public school. They have learned about God's love, which was one of our priorities. St. Jude gets better each year. The teachers communicate with compassion and a sincere williness to help my kids succeed. I can't say enough good things about St. Jude. We just love it.

St Jude Cathedral School 3

Posted January 10, 2008
Better than public in Florida. Class sizes have grown the last three years since we have been sending our student there. Communication between parent and teacher was lacking before the new web based system they have now. As with all schools it has its pros and cons.

Posted September 12, 2006
St Jude's feels like a close-knit family. Everyone there calls everyone by name, and we all look out for one another. My children who have finished at St. Jude's have gone on to public high schools to find themselves academically ahead of their peers for at least the first semester, and thereafter in many areas such as discipline and focus. Sports are a major focus at St Jude's. Sports are offered every year during the regular curriculum as well as after school. Music classes are offered as well as the church choir. The parental involvement is outstanding at St. Jude's! All the parents want to be involved. Usually, they have to turn away parents for field trips, etc., because they have more than enough chaperones. The main reason my children are at St. Jude's is the moral values taught here. We are extremely happy with the education they receive.

St Jude Cathedral School 4

Posted May 22, 2005

St Jude Cathedral School 4

Posted May 02, 2005
- a former student
Hello, I went to St. Jude since I was two years old in Pre-School until the 8th grade when I was 13. St Jude was wonderful academically and spiritually. I feel now a greater connection to my faith thanks to it's teachings and it's youth ministry and academically I have a 3.4 in St. Petersburg High School I.B. program so I reccommend this school!

Posted February 24, 2005
My son has been at Saint Jude for 2 years and we feel he could not be at a better place. He is in Kindergarten and academically is the top of his class. The parent involvement is tremendous and only supports the foundation that is already in place. They have plenty of extracurricular activities. The best of all is the loving faculty, families, and the church. I can not say enough!

St Jude Cathedral School
600 58th Street North, St. Petersburg, FL  33710
Last modified St Jude Cathedral School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
St Jude Cathedral School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 12 reviews. Top