Posted September 04, 2014
I am the art & computer teacher at Brighton Prep. I have been there since 2012. Since I began working in this little school house, I have seen major changes in students academically, and socially. Mrs. Smith, Mrs. R, and Mrs.O are truly talented, patient, & kind. I am proud to work with teachers who are in it for the reward of a successful student..not the paycheck.

Posted January 04, 2013
At the age of 10 our daughter came to us and was under educated and had fallen through the cracks. The public school system had classified her as learning disabled and made no attempt to help her overcome her adversities. After learning that we were zoned for one of the worst middle schools in our area we decided that we had to find a private school or our child would be lost to the system forever. This is her first year at Brighton. In less than a year she has improved beyond measure. I cannot even express in words how amazed we are at her reading, spelling, and math skills. She even speaks differently. She has a light about her that was not there before and I am only sad that we did not make this decision sooner. The staff at Brighton has worked miracles for our baby already and I cannot wait to see how far she will get by the time she reaches high school! Thank you Brighton Prep for making our child love learning!

Posted October 18, 2010
We were fortunate enough to find Brighton through a friend. Our daughter had attended a prestigious private school in St. Petes from 3yrs old through 3rd grade and was miserable. The private school made no accommodation for nor had any help available for children with learning disabilities. Our daughter cried every day. She had no self esteem and did not want to go to school. From the moment I met Mrs. Smith at Brighton, I knew our daughter would be in good hands. Our daughter was at Brighton for three years. She was welcomed with open arms, nourished and encouraged. After those three years, our daughter felt confident enough in her abilities to venture back to private school. She is now a successful senior in college and we are forever indebted to Brighton. We recommend Brighton to everyone we can, without reservation.

Posted July 21, 2009
We have two children who attended Brighton. When they arrived, they were both lacking in self esteem from perceived short comings in the public school environment. From day one everyone associated with Brighton took them under their wings and took extra care to nurture, teach, encourage them. The results were phenomenol. There is an emphasis on one on one attention, self paced learning, work ethic, encouragement. To anyone who might be considering Brighton, don't hesitate, just enroll your children and you will wonder why you did not enroll them before. Help your children to achieve . Go to Brighton!!!

Brighton Preparatory School 0

Posted September 09, 2008
The teachers are the best. The mission of the school is to inspire children who don't fit in other schools. The music teacher at Peter's prior school called me one day when he was in 3rd grade to tell me that he cried often because he couldn't keep up and the other children made fun of him. She recommended Brighton. Peter bloomed there. Although never an academic star, he began to like school and made many friends. Peter is 21 now and is in college in Maine. During his high school years we sent him to a special program at the Arrowsmith School in Canada, where they identified and helped him overcome a whole myriad of learning deficiencies. Peter's change in outlook about school all began at Brighton and we are enternally grateful for the years he spent there. Finding Brighton was a great gift to Peter and his entire family

Posted November 16, 2007
Wonderful little school. My daughter has attended since 2nd grade and she is now in 6th. Small class size and a structured environment provide a perfect mix. Teachers emphasize success and effort rather than competition. Wonderful for students who would otherwise get lost in the cracks in larger schools. It is all about self esteem.

Posted November 11, 2007
Wonderful school!! Individual academic curriculum for delayed and gifted students. PE, Art, Computer and Spanish classes. Nurturing and positive environment. Caring staff. A+

Brighton Preparatory School
4355 Central Avenue, St. Petersburg, FL  33713
Last modified Brighton Preparatory School is a Private school that serves grades 1-8
Brighton Preparatory School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 7 reviews. Top