St. Petersburg, FL
Before care: Yes

Posted November 24, 2014
My son started pre k this year at 4. My husband and I are so thrilled with how he's doing... his teachers, ms cary and ms patty are fabulous, he's learning in leaps and bounds, hes continued to be excited to go to school everyday.... We couldn't be happier. When we started searching for a school, we were really hoping to find a school that our son could attend through 8th grade and hoped Sanderlin was a fit.... It absolutely is! There are great events for the whole family to go to and get involved in, fun projects for us to do together at home..... We are so happy with the school and so glad that is where we decided to send him!

James B. Sanderlin Pk-8 1

Posted August 11, 2014
After attending 2 Discovery Nights and having my daughter shadow at the school, we listed Sanderlin as our #1 choice. Imagine my surprise when I logged into the computer during the acceptance period and found a big red INELIGIBLE across our #1 choice. When I called the school to find out why she was ineligible, they put me on hold for what seemed like forever, and they finally came back to say that she was ineligible because she had gotten a 2 on her Math FCAT in 3rd grade. It didn't seem to matter to them that she was only 2 points away from receiving a 3 on that particular FCAT or the fact that she has always gotten 3's and 4's on all of her other FCATs. It didn't seem to matter that she has always made honor roll or principal's list in every grading period since 3rd grade. It didn't matter that she was not an attendance or discipline problem. I wasted my #1 pick on a school that labeled her ineligible. Had I known this, I never would've applied there. I would've listed Madeira or Thurgood as my #1 choice and maybe we would've gotten in to one of those schools instead of being #161 and #323 on the wait lists. Let this be a warning to other parents that might apply there.

Posted July 24, 2014
This school was one of Pinellas County's best kept secret until they scored an A this year. The Principle is incredible and so are the teachers. My daughter was in 6th grade and absolutely loves the school.

James B. Sanderlin Pk-8 4

Posted June 20, 2014
We have had 3 of our 4 children at Sanderlin for the past 3 years. It has been a really good experience for us. The transition from an Elementary school to a Pre-K - 8th grade school has definitely had some bumps, but I have greatly appreciated the opportunity to have my voice heard as we have formed the policies and culture of this school. Our special needs son has really blossomed under the help of the teachers and staff, but be aware that the middle school is much more academic - so we are unable to continue to keep him here for middle school. My oldest child at Sanderlin has been in both the elementary and middle school and has had an overall positive experience. The teachers have really watched out for her and pushed her to reach higher. There are good and bad that come with a small school - but I LOVE that you can get to know all the teachers and work with them to help your kids and the school to excel. If you have the chance to enroll your kids here, take it. It is the best alternative to the fundamental system in this area hands down. Our gifted son really thrived there as well.

Posted May 23, 2014
This school has an amazing group of teachers and staff that show nothing but support for every student. The campus is beautiful, has high parent involvement and the IB program is a great alternative to a fundamental school.

Posted January 01, 2014
I am a student and I like this school but when your in middle school there you don't get the real feeling besides the 7 or 8 classes. You don't get lockers. You have to carry your stuff. But the kids are kool.

Posted February 28, 2013
Sanderlin IB World School is AMAZING! Under the leadership of principal Dr. Miller and assistant Ms. Cehi. there is culture of professionalism I have not experienced in any other public or private school. The recently added middle school has a great staff of teachers who really care about children and are passionate about not just their academic growth, but also their social and emotional well-being. I wish my older children could have had the opportunity to attend. This school deserves more than 5 stars!!!

James B. Sanderlin Pk-8 4

Posted February 11, 2013
My daughter is in VPK at this school and she LOVES it! She has grown leaps and bounds in her ability to write letters and draw while in this program. Ms. Cari and Ms. Patty are miracle workers and their classroom is always under control and I have never heard either of them raise their voice once. The playground area is wonderful with a huge sandbox and ride on toys. They get to go to learn in the Peace Patch organic garden every week. Tons of clubs for the older grades to join and get involved. The only thing I don't like is is can be a little difficult to get involved with the PTA. I signed up and paid but never got a calender of when meetings are or emails or anything. Some of the meetings were held on Friday nights which seems like poor planning to me but the PTA does wonderful things for the school and does a nice job of fundraising.

Posted December 07, 2010
As a parent of a first grader and a Pre K student I can say that Sanderlin has been a wonderful choice for our children and family. While the IB curriculum is dynamic, connecting county standards to real world applications, I feel that more importantly, my children are learning about how to be a responsible and caring people in the world. The "taking action" component is our favorite part. My sons are learning to think about how they can make the world a better place, whether recycling, cleaning up area parks or beaches, or simply showing kindness to a friend. Extracurricular clubs are also great! Brain Food, Percussion, Spanish Club, United Nations, Save the Planet, Garden Club... All of these provide such awesome opportunities to form relationships with classmates/peers and develop many different intelligences. When K students are researching and learning how they're choices matter- I think that says a lot! Even though my first grader has surpassed grade level expectations at this time- he is still being pushed and challenged academically every day. And is excited about his accomplishments. Great families, great teachers, great kids, great school!

Posted December 01, 2010
This is our 8th year involved with Sanderlin IB and we are thrilled. Our 17 year old son started here in 4th grade when the school opened and our daughter is now in 5th and youngest son is in 3rd. We are excited at the prospect of Sanderlin becoming a Pre-K thru 8 school so we can continue here for 5 more years! Many do not realize the value of the IB curriculum; it is truly an International Programme. Don't be fooled by some inferior schools gloating about their high scores. I would much rather my children be internationally minded and ready for a global economy than to score perfect on a 3rd grade test. We love that they do not teach to the test and allow the children to explore their individual giftedness. This really is a school you must tour to truly appreciate: laptop Macs for each student, Smart boards and a state-of-the-art TV news program are just some of the technological attributes. We also love the Suzuki Violin, Orff music instruction and recorder & percussion clubs (All FREE!) Visit the website sanderlinib.com for more info. This is hands down the most dedicated staff as well. If you can't tell already, WE LOVE SANDERLIN IB WORLD SCHOOL!

James B. Sanderlin Pk-8
2350 22nd Avenue South, St. Petersburg, FL  33712
Last modified James B. Sanderlin Pk-8 is a Public school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
James B. Sanderlin Pk-8 Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 41 reviews. Top