No rating

Turning Point Christian Academy

Private | PK-6

Student diversity

Living in St. Augustine

Situated in a suburban neighborhood. The median home value is $182,000. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $940.

Posted February 5, 2014

Our grandson, it turns out, is at least developmentally delayed and, we suspect, dyslexic. He has a July birthday and we made the mistake, along with his father, of starting him in VPK. Twenty-twenty hindsight tells us we should have held off a year. We are very happy with Turning Point and his classroom teachers. At the same time I know from experience having taught at parochial schools that small, private schools, Christian or otherwise, are just not set up to accommodate things like ADHD, Developmentally Delayed and Dyslexic students. So, we love the school, the Christian connection, the really great athletic programs that are available and the classroom teachers. We hope we can find a way to make things work at Turning Point. Out other grandson is doing really well, learning a lot of self-management skills. His teacher this year has gone out of her way to instill positive behavioral habits in his character education. We couldn't be more happy with the way he is thriving in this tough-love environment which is just exactly what he has needed.

Posted May 25, 2013

Turning Point Christian Academy has been a blessing to our family! We are a Black American family and our daughter is learning to love others, be kind, and has developed a true passion for learning. The teachers are excellent and I have witnessed random teachers encourage the children to love and respect each other in everything. We love our principal who has a love for all the children. I work very closely with this school as I am an active volunteer and I can personally say the administration, faculty, and staff do not discriminate others because of their race, ethnicity, or culture. It is simply not true. Our 2nd grade daughter is so smart and is reading on a 5th grade level! She LOVES her school! She looks forward to going everyday! Turning Point Christian Academy is Christ centered and offers the best Christian Education that can be offered in our area! We would not want our daughter to be anywhere else!

Posted May 23, 2013

I have been a part of this school for three years and I can honestly say it is a wonderful school, with an amazing staff. My child is now in the new middle school that has recently opened and he loves it! He has made wonderful relationships with children no matter their race. The children are treated equally and the teachers actually want to see the children succeed. The parent who has implied that this school is not diverse is making false accusations. This school welcomes all children, Caucasian, African-American, Indian, Asian, Hisapanic and Bi-racial. This school is based on Biblical principals and if you spend anytime in this school you can see the children are taught to love and respect others because we are ALL created by God!

Posted May 23, 2013

I have two children attending Turning Point Christian Academy and I have to say that I am very pleased with the school. I am African Haitian American decent and my kids are learning to love people because God created them and not by the color of their skin. My daughter started there when she was 3 years old and she is now in 1st grade. My son started right before his 3rd birthday because he cried every time I bought his sister to school and I am very happy to say that he will be graduating VPK next month. I absolutely love the teachers there, they love what they do and treat my kids as their own. Another reason why I love the teachers is because they know all of the students by name whether or not they have them in their classes. The learning environment is amazing and most importantly they are learning about our Savior Jesus-Christ. My daughter have been in the honor roll for the past two years so If you're looking for great learning environment, caring teachers and friendly staff then Turning Point Christian Academy is the place for you.

Posted May 23, 2013

As a parent of this school for 4 1/2 years, I feel that my two sons have received high quality education and spiritual guidance. Not only do they love school, but they also have learned the importance of gaining independance. Also, It is very clear that the teachers and staff members love what they do. It is a very loving, friendly environment.

Posted May 23, 2013

My son is a bi-racial child has been at Turning Point almost 3 yrs now. I am very impressed with the school. Not only has my son received a good education, but he has a love and understanding for God. All the teachers that are at the school know my son by name and keep me informed of his progress and behavior in school. (Good or Bad) My son will be starting kindergarten when school starts back. I have decided to keep him in this school because of what my little man has not only learned but number one about God and what he sacrificed for us and no matter what race or color he loves us and died for all of our sins, and he can tell you exactly that. Thank you Turning Point!!!!!!!!

Posted April 30, 2013

This is not a diverse environment. The school is not inclusive of non-white children and are not apologetic. If you are interested in Christian ideals or a inclusive World view this is not the school for you or your child. I am a White parent of a beautiful child of color (that is not how I viewed myself but the school did). They isolate children of color physically and educationally. Very poor educational alternative to public school. Poor administration, very backward.

Posted June 22, 2011

I have two children attending Turning Point. My oldest started in public school and I am thrilled with how they both have excelled at Turning Point. We have been with them for 3yrs now. The teachers are great and really care about the children. the administration knows everyone by name, you really feel like family. However, you still have all the advanced curriculum I was looking for. They provide Spanish, art, p.e., sports, etc. When my daughters SAT scores came back I was ecstatic to see her scores, some scoring higher than high school graduates. Over it is a wonderful school.

• Lynne Gregory
Associations
  • FACCS
Fax number
  • (904) 829-3355

Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

3500 State Road 16