Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

My 3 children attended Tpca for two years. There were some experiences that were not would not send my child here administrator. My family has evidence that Ms. Gregory believes she is above truth and accountability is not encouraged. I could not recommend enrolling your child into this school (although there are several preschool and elementary teachers who are strong believers and teachers....there are a couple of women whose lifestyles are very ungodly and though admin knows, they turn a blind eye). I do not recommend Tpca unless Turning Point at Calvary chooses a different administrator and office staff.

Teacher effectiveness: Neutral

My daughter began being unable to go to the school because of the administration. The teachers need to make sure not to pull the children out of the classroom for any reason. I asked for tutoring and the administration said it was unnecessary because she was making up the work she missed from being ill. They then failed her because the work was not completed, despite having homebound status with the county.

Amount of homework: Disagree

The curriculum needs the children reading more classical novels. However, the english teacher was very dedicated and she had one of the strongest curriculums.

Develops character: Strongly disagree

My daughter, although in need of staying in the classroom to complete assignments and make up work, was puled out multiple times. this was not about her assignments but to try and get information about her being ill and personal information about her family. It was then communicated to outside parties and used against her.

My daughter was humiliated by the principal, who drew her out from class multiple times to get personal information about her and then used the information to announce it over the internet to people in the school and people outside of the school that had no business even having any of this information. Because of this deliberate humiliation, we asked for homebound status with the county to finish the ten days of the semester but the principal said her son never received special treatment and refused to comply with the county tutors. My daughter could make up the work at home (with one assignment in certain classes she could complete the required work and her Ds would become As). She would receive good grades so that she could matriculate into a good high school. The principal, although she was asked to reconsider her being able to complete the last ten days of the semester at home( my daughter received homebound status from the county and an MD), she refused to answer.

My daughter has been attending this school for four years. I cannot express how blessed we are to have found a school like we have at Turning Point. We will continue to have her attend here for as long as they offer her grade. This school excels in all aspects. We give God the Glory.

Our grandson, it turns out, is at least developmentally delayed and, we suspect, dyslexic. He has a July birthday and we made the mistake, along with his father, of starting him in VPK. Twenty-twenty hindsight tells us we should have held off a year. We are very happy with Turning Point and his classroom teachers. At the same time I know from experience having taught at parochial schools that small, private schools, Christian or otherwise, are just not set up to accommodate things like ADHD, Developmentally Delayed and Dyslexic students. So, we love the school, the Christian connection, the really great athletic programs that are available and the classroom teachers. We hope we can find a way to make things work at Turning Point. Out other grandson is doing really well, learning a lot of self-management skills. His teacher this year has gone out of her way to instill positive behavioral habits in his character education. We couldn't be more happy with the way he is thriving in this tough-love environment which is just exactly what he has needed.

Turning Point Christian Academy has been a blessing to our family! We are a Black American family and our daughter is learning to love others, be kind, and has developed a true passion for learning. The teachers are excellent and I have witnessed random teachers encourage the children to love and respect each other in everything. We love our principal who has a love for all the children. I work very closely with this school as I am an active volunteer and I can personally say the administration, faculty, and staff do not discriminate others because of their race, ethnicity, or culture. It is simply not true. Our 2nd grade daughter is so smart and is reading on a 5th grade level! She LOVES her school! She looks forward to going everyday! Turning Point Christian Academy is Christ centered and offers the best Christian Education that can be offered in our area! We would not want our daughter to be anywhere else!

I have been a part of this school for three years and I can honestly say it is a wonderful school, with an amazing staff. My child is now in the new middle school that has recently opened and he loves it! He has made wonderful relationships with children no matter their race. The children are treated equally and the teachers actually want to see the children succeed. The parent who has implied that this school is not diverse is making false accusations. This school welcomes all children, Caucasian, African-American, Indian, Asian, Hisapanic and Bi-racial. This school is based on Biblical principals and if you spend anytime in this school you can see the children are taught to love and respect others because we are ALL created by God!

I have two children attending Turning Point Christian Academy and I have to say that I am very pleased with the school. I am African Haitian American decent and my kids are learning to love people because God created them and not by the color of their skin. My daughter started there when she was 3 years old and she is now in 1st grade. My son started right before his 3rd birthday because he cried every time I bought his sister to school and I am very happy to say that he will be graduating VPK next month. I absolutely love the teachers there, they love what they do and treat my kids as their own. Another reason why I love the teachers is because they know all of the students by name whether or not they have them in their classes. The learning environment is amazing and most importantly they are learning about our Savior Jesus-Christ. My daughter have been in the honor roll for the past two years so If you're looking for great learning environment, caring teachers and friendly staff then Turning Point Christian Academy is the place for you.

Last modified Turning Point Christian Academy is a Private school that serves grades PK-6