Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Not enough (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very ineffective (1 response)

Teacher effectiveness: Very ineffective

Posted September 09, 2015
Most should be fired and not allowed to teach kids ever again. They will be good, maybe, teaching in jail.

Amount of homework: Not enough

Posted September 09, 2015
Last year she didn't get homework for 2 months. This year she gets homework almost every day.

Develops respect: Strongly disagree

Posted September 09, 2015
Again no. Teachers have to show respect and kids in turn will do the same.

Develops empathy: Strongly disagree

Posted September 09, 2015
I do not think so. I think they do not care at all. First they need to hire good teachers for that. Second they need to keep them.

Develops honesty: Strongly disagree

Posted September 09, 2015
No..Needs good leadership and good teachers that care about students. Teachers lie to save their job. My daughter doesn't like school anymore because a bad experience. As a parent, I don't want to complain anymore because the faculty sweep the issues under or fear retaliation on my daughter.

Canoe Creek Charter Academy 1

Posted September 09, 2015
Really bad experience with the teachers here. High turnover rate. Most of the good teachers left. The new teachers have bad attitudes and don't care to help students that want to learn. Principal and Dean doesn't seem to care what the teachers are doing or saying to kids because they do not hold teachers accountable for their actions. Today I had a teacher that slammed my car door when I was picking up my daughter.

Canoe Creek Charter Academy 1

Posted April 18, 2015
Be extra CAUTIOUS. Do NOT send your children to this HORRIBLE school. Truly in the simplest form it is Horrid. I am 85% certain about pulling my child out of this school for the next school-year and beyond. True to some of the earlier posts, the teachers are stretched thin. If you are concerned about REAL education....and for the SAFETY of your child, kids. I pick my child up and she tells me things....oh my. I know of another parent who has 2 children in the school and she is more than a few steps in thought of pulling her 2 kids out. The state standardized "testing". Red Flags, red flags, red flags. It is preposterous, what goes on with this. The poor kids are being "herded" through like cattle. The administration is unknowing and disorganized in more than ways the kids could count on all ten fingers. The teachers may have "certificates", but some are very unqualified. Do take heed to the earlier recent reviews. It's just not good for your children to be coerced in a "system". Don't let your kid become a puppet. Adults, (administrators, teachers) can more than often be psychologically. inept. They are not INFALLIBLE. Do yourself a favor and steer CLEAR of this school.

Canoe Creek Charter Academy 5

Posted April 17, 2015
This school is great and has done well for my child this year. The teachers communicate and are concerned about the well being of the children. I like the small size of the middle school because my child is watched and protected form things like bullying.

Canoe Creek Charter Academy 2

Posted October 27, 2014
This school is a nightmare. In fairness, I should say the middle school here is a nightmare. I have never in my life seen such chaos. Two teachers are doing the work of 5 and the teacher turnover rate is crazy! Every day I hear something else that blows my mind. Moving here from out of state I figured a Charter school would be the way to go....there are barely any Charter schools where I'm from. Now I am seriously second guessing my decision. The staff is friendly and nice, but there is absolutely no structure. I don't know if the principal has no control, or what is going on, but it's SOOO unorganized! There are things happening at this school that would never in a million years be allowed at the public school we moved from. With that said, I do think if the school had an over haul and maybe a stronger principal, it could be whipped into shape fairly easily. For right now, I'd say look elsewhere if you can, the madness is just too much!!

Canoe Creek Charter Academy 5

Posted June 28, 2014
This is a great school. The scores have jumped back up this year. My children feel safe with the addition of the security cameras across the campus. This year was a great experience.

3600 Canoe Creek Road, St. Cloud, FL  34772
Last modified Canoe Creek Charter Academy is a Charter school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Canoe Creek Charter Academy Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 70 reviews. Top