Windsor Prep Academy

Charter | K-8 | 360 students

Small, family school with emphasis on Project Based Learning and Technology

Posted May 16, 2014

I am proud to say my son attends this school! The teachers and staff are extremely caring and dedicated. I'm looking forward to many more years as a Windsor Wildcat! I wish I could give this school even more stars :-)

Posted May 15, 2014

I found this school to be very disorganized with inexperienced teachers. The fake 5 star reviews are transparent.

Posted April 10, 2014

Coming from a private school I cannot say how pleased I am with Windsor. The staff is always friendly and professional they know us by our first names. I love that the school requires parent involvement and I believe it is what makes this school successful. Our child's teacher is so innovative and is always coming up with creative/fun ways to teach. I can't tell you how many people have thanked me for telling them about this school.

Posted April 10, 2014

We are so pleased we made the switch to Windsor Prep. The school and staff are excellent and caring. There is a strong emphasis on academics and a genuine desire on the part of the teachers for the children to be successful and happy. The administrative staff know parents and students by name. Teachers respond to emails the same day. The school sends weekly emails chock full of information. They share concerns and keep me well informed. As for the PTA president mentioned in a previous review - please - she's there at school every day giving way more than any PTA president. And yes, the fundraiser are necessary to make sure that our children are getting only the BEST. This is a charter school and it does require parent involvement and as it grows, I think it is time to cut the parents who aren't willing to invest in their children's academic success and volunteer. Windsor is dedicated to making our children well rounded, successful students. We, as parents, need to be too.

Posted April 10, 2014

Windsor is an amazing school with curriculum and resources to be able to meet the needs of all the students. I was immediately welcomed an immersed into a family environment. I love coming to work each day and know that if I need assistance my team and colleagues are always there to lend a helping hand. From administration to cafeteria staff as well as all of our other employees and sister schools in other counties, we work together to provide the best education and environment for our students. Not only parent involvement but family and friends are welcome to participate in the classroom and assistance in activities such as events, and field trips. It has been a great second year at Windsor, and I look forward to many more in our continually growing wonderful Windsor Prep School.
—Submitted by a teacher

Posted March 11, 2014

-Excellent school and excellent staff. Keep in mind that the older kids, those above 1st grade, were products of other school systems. Windsor is new, so test scores will only go up. The important aspect of this school is its quiet and safe campus along with excellent staff that cares. Kids are happy and results have been excellent.

Posted February 18, 2014

I have 2 children enrolled at Windsor and am very happy with everything about the school and staff. Also coming from an "A" graded school, made the switch because I didn't want my children forced to except the distractions of other children not wanting to learn or having the ability to be respectful durning school hours. I have already witnessed a change in my children and their renewed love of learning.

Posted December 19, 2013

To the reviewer who commented on communication- First it should read little to no, not little to know.... I am not sure how you can complain about communication. The Principal sends out weekly email updates. The teachers do weekly newsletters and have websites that hold important info. The school is also very organized, especially for a second year school that doubled in one year. I am very proud to say my child goes to Windsor.

Posted December 18, 2013

This school provides little to know communiction to the parents. It is a new Charter School and they do not know what they are doing and it shows in their disorganization. If you are considering bringing your child here, reconsider. I have already pulled my children out of this school because of the concerns I have.

Posted November 19, 2013

I have 2 children at Windsor, currently in 1st & 3rd. This is a new charter school beginning its second year. We were lucky enough to join Windsor last year and the push for academic success that I see for my children far exceeds what my oldest received in the public school setting. I am extremely pleased with the teaching, positive learning environment, and dedicated staff. We have strong leadership at Windsor and as the school continues to grow, I know that my children's academic and social wellbeing are a top priority! The school commumications - weekly emails from the principal, daily agendas, etc. keep me informed and engaged as a parent. I am pleased with what they have done in the 1 1/2 years that they've had my children and look forward to the continued growth. My children are engaged and enthused to go to school and always full of stories of what they learned today.

Posted November 19, 2013

What a great atmosphere for our children! Very involved parents and staff. I'm very glad I made the decision to switch!

Posted November 18, 2013

I am a new parent to the school this year and me and my family are extremely happy at Windsor. My daughter is in the 2nd grade and came from an A rated school. I would have to say that the academic's at Windsor are at a much higher level than where we came from. I will be honest I was a little afraid that she would struggle, but they have work well with her and have gotten her to a much higher level in just a few months. All of the teachers and staff are amazing. I couldn't ask for a better school for my daughter. It is also nice to see that the parents at the school also are involved in their children's education. It makes a huge difference in the environment around the school. And as far as the test grades that have been reported this far. I am not at all concerned with them. Those are based off of kids coming in with so many different varieties of educational backgrounds.

Posted November 6, 2013

We are new to the school this year and so far I'm impressed with the teachers and high standards that they hold for the students. What is disappointing the test score levels and school overall rating compared state wide, we will be taking this in consideration for the next school year and compare with other charter schools, there are several others that have much more higher ratings.

Posted July 18, 2013

I have two children that attend Windsor Prep. We also pulled our children from an A rated school and are very happy with our decision. Everything about Windsor has exceeded our expectations.

Posted July 15, 2013

Windsor Prep is a wonderful, small family school that focuses on project based learning. All of Windsors staff and administration are top notch! I highly recommend this school to families who are searching an educational environment that places an emphasis on family involvement and values

Posted May 21, 2013

Windsor Prep is great. I brought my children here from an A school in the middle of the school year 2012/2013. His reading success went from 20% to 90%.

Posted May 1, 2013

As a parent of a Windsor student, I can safely say the thing I like most about this school is what the last reviewer did not like about the school. It is safe and as bully free as possible. The principal holds the parents accountable for their children. The teachers are not jammed up dealing with discipline problems.

Posted April 15, 2013

Knowing this is a new school I tried to give it room for growing pains but today they failed miserably. Anytime a child gives them any grief then they suspend them and label them a problem child and make it well know. This principal missed the class on how to deal with parents. Some of the teachers are great and so is the Asst. Principal.

Math

The state average for Math was 58% in 2014.

67 students were tested at this school in 2014.

The state average for Reading was 57% in 2014.

67 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Math

The state average for Math was 63% in 2014.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 61% in 2014.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 53% in 2014.

Math

The state average for Math was 56% in 2014.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 61% in 2014.

Science

The state average for Science was 54% in 2014.

Math

The state average for Math was 53% in 2014.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 60% in 2014.

Math

The state average for Math was 56% in 2014.

Math

The state average for Math was 47% in 2014.

Science

The state average for Science was 49% in 2014.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 56% in 2014.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 81% in 2012.

2010

Scale: % scoring at or above level 3

Writing

The state average for Writing was 78% in 2012.

2010

Scale: % scoring at or above level 3

Source: Florida Department of Education

This school did not receive a grade in 2011-2012.

Algebra I

The state average for Algebra I was 64% in 2013.

Biology I

The state average for Biology I was 67% in 2013.

Geometry

The state average for Geometry was 64% in 2013.

Ethnicity This school

Doctorate degree 0%1%1%
Other degree 0%N/A2%
Source: FL Dept. of Education, 2012-2013

Teacher resources

Special staff resources available to students Assistant principal(s)
Art teacher(s)
Gifted specialist(s)
Music teacher(s)
PE instructor(s)
School psychologist
Special education coordinator
Foreign languages spoken by school staff Spanish
Read more about programs at this school
Source: Provided by a school official.

Special education / special needs

Level of special education programming offered
  • Differentiated learning programs
  • Special education coordinator

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• School psychologist
  • Access to sports fields
  • Gym
  • Kitchen
  • Multi-purpose room ("cafegymatorium")
Clubs

School start time
  • 8:00 am
School end time
  • 3:00 pm
Before school or after school care / program onsite
  • Before school: starts at 7:00 a.m.
  • After school: ends at 6:00 p.m.
  • Ms. Jessica Clements
  • Coed
Is there an application process?
Fax number
  • (727) 726-7947

Instructional and/or curriculum models used

• Gifted / high performing
  • Project-based
  • Standards-based
Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Technology
Bi-lingual or language immersion programs offered

Level of special education programming offered

• Gym
  • Internet access
  • Kitchen
  • Library
  • Multi-purpose room ("cafegymatorium")
  • Music room
  • Outdoor learning lab
  • Performance stage
  • Playground
Partnerships with local resources and organizations
  • YMCA

• Dance
  • Drama
Media arts

Student clubs

Clubs (distinct from courses)
  • Art club
  • Cooking club
  • Dance club

Photos

School culture

Dress Code
  • Uniforms
Bullying policy
  • This school has a bullying and/or cyber bullying policy in place.
  • Attend parent nights
  • Chaperone school trips
  • Join PTO/PTA
  • Organize fundraising events (school auction, bake sales, etc.)
  • Present special topics during curricular units
  • Serve on school improvement team or governance council
  • Tutor