Public charter
St. Petersburg, FL

Posted August 24, 2015
We have been going to this school for 2 years. My son is in 3rd grade. This is an excellent school and we are very happy we made the switch from our public school. I have been heavily involved in the school in many aspects and have not run into any problems. I would and do highly recommend this school. The teachers have compassion, strength, willingness to put forth above and beyond what they are expected.

Posted August 19, 2015
My daughter has been a student at Windsor since kindergarten; she's beginning 2nd grade this year. She has been very happy there and has excelled in all areas thanks to her wonderful teachers. Since it's a new school there've been a couple hiccups but nothing monumental. I find it difficult to believe Windsor has a 1 rating. Hopefully the criteria for then ratings is either adjusted or the school is able to adjust whatever it is that is causing their low score. Either way, as a parent, I'm happy with the school and so is my daughter.

Posted February 12, 2015
The school has a great staff, and this is a very clean school. I wish they would open up the side street where all the construction is going on, due to there is only one way in and one way out. This makes a very congested area when school is trying to be let out, and parents are trying to drop their children off. I really can say, I like their dedication regarding the children that attend there. They make you feel like your family when you walk in the door.

Posted January 30, 2015
-Excellent teachers and excellent parental involvement. The new build-out required patience, but the new facility is quite inspiring. Windsor also has a beautiful indoor gym and incredible campus that was formerly a private school. **NOTE** FCAT scores should read "N/A" instead of a letter grade. Our school is new, and the 4th and 5th grades haven't been present long enough to score. We score near zeroes in those grades, & those zeroes get averaged in. Next year, 2015-2016, we will begin to get accurate FCAT grades and proper school ratings. That will represent the "first Windsor class" reaching the testing age. At the moment, tests come from a mix of newer enrollees and limiting guidelines.

Posted September 04, 2014
What an AMAZING school! I waited in car circle today to pick up my daughter. I'll admit I did expect to see a wet and shivering child considering today's weather conditions. Absolutely not! What I found was a smiling and happy kindergartener and smiling and happy SOAKING WET teachers and staff members! These people are amazing! These poor teachers stood in the pouring rain for most likely well over an hour getting soaked to keep our children dry and safe. Thank you all so much for all you do. We love Windsor and we will always be a Wildcat!

Posted August 18, 2014
This is our second year with Windsor Prep Academy. We are very satisfied with everything Windsor has to offer. From the academic stand point to a great principle and always helpful and friendly stuff. After school enrichment is also great, everything is on site. I have noticed a great improvement in my daughter's education. We are looking forward to a new building and new classrooms. Looking forward to middle school with Windsor.

Posted August 18, 2014
Continued message from below.. The News makes it out as Windsor told parents the night before school started. Simply not true. The News said they could not get answers from the school. I am a new parent to Windsor Prep & they did not know me when I came in to meet the teacher and open house so I could have been a reporter. The principal and staff were at the school. I wanted to know the truth so I found out my info online about the school district decision. The News report said the principal was no where to be found. I walked into the school & did so. Don't believe everything you hear on the News. Also, maybe the question the News reporter should have asked, Why is it that parents don't what their child/children (myself included) going to their zoned schools. (?) As stated in the news reports & a parent said "I don't know what to do. Our only option now is to go to our zoned school which is what we were trying to avoid" You can review the news report on the internet. I feel for these parents & children that were affected! This is very unfortunate situation could have been handled better by the school district . I believe Windsor is doing a good job so far.

Posted August 18, 2014
My first message did not save but the "continued message" below gives enough information. I hope my message below helps others in some way knowing more of the facts.

Posted August 17, 2014
Windsor is an amazing school with a warm and loving environment. The teachers and staff really go above and beyond to ensure that each student receive the best education.

Windsor Prep Academy 1

Posted August 17, 2014
4 Days before school starts and an email states that construction wasn't finished and there is no room for your child sorry. As stated by ABC news- "The principal was no where to be found to give any kind of explanation." Sad

Windsor Prep Academy
5175 45th St N, St. Petersburg, FL  33714
Last modified Windsor Prep Academy is a Charter school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 1 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Windsor Prep Academy Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 41 reviews. Top