Public charter
St. Petersburg, FL

Posted February 12, 2015
The school has a great staff, and this is a very clean school. I wish they would open up the side street where all the construction is going on, due to there is only one way in and one way out. This makes a very congested area when school is trying to be let out, and parents are trying to drop their children off. I really can say, I like their dedication regarding the children that attend there. They make you feel like your family when you walk in the door.

Posted January 30, 2015
-Excellent teachers and excellent parental involvement. The new build-out required patience, but the new facility is quite inspiring. Windsor also has a beautiful indoor gym and incredible campus that was formerly a private school. **NOTE** FCAT scores should read "N/A" instead of a letter grade. Our school is new, and the 4th and 5th grades haven't been present long enough to score. We score near zeroes in those grades, & those zeroes get averaged in. Next year, 2015-2016, we will begin to get accurate FCAT grades and proper school ratings. That will represent the "first Windsor class" reaching the testing age. At the moment, tests come from a mix of newer enrollees and limiting guidelines.
3 people found this helpful

Posted September 04, 2014
What an AMAZING school! I waited in car circle today to pick up my daughter. I'll admit I did expect to see a wet and shivering child considering today's weather conditions. Absolutely not! What I found was a smiling and happy kindergartener and smiling and happy SOAKING WET teachers and staff members! These people are amazing! These poor teachers stood in the pouring rain for most likely well over an hour getting soaked to keep our children dry and safe. Thank you all so much for all you do. We love Windsor and we will always be a Wildcat!

Posted August 18, 2014
This is our second year with Windsor Prep Academy. We are very satisfied with everything Windsor has to offer. From the academic stand point to a great principle and always helpful and friendly stuff. After school enrichment is also great, everything is on site. I have noticed a great improvement in my daughter's education. We are looking forward to a new building and new classrooms. Looking forward to middle school with Windsor.

Posted August 18, 2014
Continued message from below.. The News makes it out as Windsor told parents the night before school started. Simply not true. The News said they could not get answers from the school. I am a new parent to Windsor Prep & they did not know me when I came in to meet the teacher and open house so I could have been a reporter. The principal and staff were at the school. I wanted to know the truth so I found out my info online about the school district decision. The News report said the principal was no where to be found. I walked into the school & did so. Don't believe everything you hear on the News. Also, maybe the question the News reporter should have asked, Why is it that parents don't what their child/children (myself included) going to their zoned schools. (?) As stated in the news reports & a parent said "I don't know what to do. Our only option now is to go to our zoned school which is what we were trying to avoid" You can review the news report on the internet. I feel for these parents & children that were affected! This is very unfortunate situation could have been handled better by the school district . I believe Windsor is doing a good job so far.

Posted August 18, 2014
My first message did not save but the "continued message" below gives enough information. I hope my message below helps others in some way knowing more of the facts.

Posted August 17, 2014
Windsor is an amazing school with a warm and loving environment. The teachers and staff really go above and beyond to ensure that each student receive the best education.

Windsor Prep Academy 1

Posted August 17, 2014
4 Days before school starts and an email states that construction wasn't finished and there is no room for your child sorry. As stated by ABC news- "The principal was no where to be found to give any kind of explanation." Sad

Windsor Prep Academy 1

Posted August 15, 2014
This "school" is a joke. We attended an open house in the beginning of the summer to find out about their new middle school program. It sounded like a good oppurtunity for our son tohave a good learning environment. After applying we were told he was accepted and the construction would be completed in time for the upcoming school year. However when we arrived at the school to pick up the supplies and uniforms we purchased for our son we were informed that our son was placed back into the school lottery system because the school wasn't ready and the school board wouldn't allow them to house the 6th graders in the gym! Why they thought this was even an acceptable solution I don't understand. And why they waited until the Friday before school started to let the parents of at least 50 6th graders this affected is appalling. The principal and administration of this school should be ashamed of themselves and this joke of a "school". They have no idea what they are doing. I hope there are severe repercussions for this blatant disregard of the students and parents this affected. I gave this school one star because I had to to be able to post this review. It doesn't deserve even that.

Windsor Prep Academy 3

Posted July 23, 2014
I attended a tour of this school for the approaching 2014-15 school year. I was hoping that Windsor was going to be a great option for my son should he not get into our lottery school of choice. Upon asking many in-depth questions (as I was an elementary educator in MD, VA, and TX) I was left unimpressed. I did speak with three teachers. I asked a K teacher "How many children in your kinder class will be able to read by the end of this school year?" She replied, "Two". This saddens me. As a previous kinder teacher - I could guarantee my parents that 98% of my students would read before they left my class. This means to me that possibly she either doesn't have the resources she needs or maybe the experience. On the other hand there was a teacher who taught 3rd or 4th grade and he seemed to be on his A game. After all was said and done- we decided Windsor was not the best option.

Windsor Prep Academy
5175 45th St N, St. Petersburg, FL  33714
Last modified Windsor Prep Academy is a Charter school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 1 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Windsor Prep Academy Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 27 reviews. Top