Campbell Park Elementary School

Public | PK-5 | 591 students

Posted July 11, 2013

I have two sons that went to this school for the last two years. I have never seen a school so out of control. The staff has given up on trying to teach. I have pulled both of my sons out and will have to drive them across town so that they will get the education they need. It is not the staffs fault but there are too many parents that just don't care. The only good thing is that the school system can keep this children in one school before sending them to jail. And that was expressed to me by a teacher from the school.

Posted July 6, 2012

i have 3 kids attend this school and i hate it the principal don't care about the kids nor do the staff especially if your child is struggling academically and have a medical problem like adhd they don't take the time to try to learn about them or try to teach them i wouldn't give this school not 1 star but i had to in order to make a comment this was a better school 3 years ago when the old principal was there and the old behavioral specialist, this school only believe in suspending kids for any little thing they do, not there education

Posted June 6, 2012

What!!!! putting my child in a private school is a blessing after years at campbell park ele. I'd rather pay for my child to get a better education then staying in the public school system then the nerve to ask me to rate this school REALLY?? I rate it as it is shown-- zeros and Im forced to rate this with one star REALLY??

Posted March 12, 2009

I believe this is an excellent school. I took my son out of a fundamental school to attend campbell park and I am very pleased with my decision. I love the school and the teachers.

Posted January 28, 2009

Campbell Park is a great school! We left private school in Kindergarten and haven't looked back since then. My son is in 4th Grade and we couldn't be happier. The aferschool music programs are fabulous and the music teacher is amazing! Art, Spanish, Marine Science...and a school cafteria that looks like a cafe in SeaWorld..what a happy place to eat lunch!

Posted March 19, 2007

My 11-year-old graduated last year from Campbell Park and is now attending a nearby magnet middle-school. Her experience was so rich that we transferred our two youngest to CP, as well. Principal Jim Steen is among the best educators I've ever met. His national-award-winning curriculum sets standards few can follow. The Marine Science focus is among Florida's finest, and the beautiful campus is modern in every way: Laptops, touch-tanks, foreign language lab, arts and music. When we first moved here, we weren't impressed with the area around the school, but that has rapidly changed in recent years. The fact that Campbell Park has won Magnet School awards -- without being a magnet school -- speaks volumes. Now, we're told, it has earned the right to be one. It's been an honor to spend my last five years -- and the next six -- with the staff at Campbell Park. Well done!

Posted March 14, 2007

I moved here this year with my two children from California.I was completely blown away when I met the principal. He is an amazing man who has love and passion for what he does and for each and every student that graces his hallways. The office staff was so sweet and unbelievably helpful.Especially Rosa! The campus is beautiful and immaculate. The security is unbeatable. As soon as school begins, the school closes a security gate and the only way to get on the campus is through the office. They now implemented a security system that whenever you visit the campus you have to show your id. This is also a security precaution. You can bet your child is safe here.Greatest school in Pinellas county hands down.

Posted March 13, 2007

We love Campbell Park! Not only did they just receive their 3rd Award as a Magnet School of America, but their Marine Science Coordinator was also recongnized for being a part of 'What's Right With Tampa Bay'-- What a great place to send a child to school-- we left private school to be here and absolutely love it! Can't wait until school uniforms start next year- the students are going to look fabulous! Keep up the good work and we can't wait for our younger child to start kindergarten!

Posted February 4, 2007

Campbell Park Elementary is a awesome school. I have two students who attend there. Teachers and staff are dedicated. Mr. Steen is a great principal. My son was moved from kindergarten to second grade for his academics. That came from a lot of work at home and support from teachers at CPE. We can not expect teachers, administrative staff, and support staff for any school to work miracles for our children. It start at home. Thank you CPE for all your support with my children. They have had a great experience at CPE. Marine science is unique.

Posted November 10, 2006

We chose this school because of the Marine Theme and it looks so clean and healthy. We made a big mistake. My son is from a small town. My son was so afraid of school that he would cry and beg for me not to send him. I tried to change schools but ended up on a waiting list. I ended up moving to another district to get him out of that school. The programs were great. The children were out of control and needed to be supervised better.

Posted January 2, 2006

I feel Campbell Park Elementary does not do enough for the students who are struggling academically and socially. I have gotten the feeling that some of the teachers and even office staff would rather these students not even be there. A school can offer all the academic programs, music, sports, art, etc., but if they shut out the child who is falling behind or who needs tobe handled a little bit differently, then they are not, in my estimation, a good school. It is easy to teach the 'good' kids, but so many educators do not even pretend to know how to teach and handle the many kids with ADD & ADHD, and there are many. My grandson is one. He feels the sting of a . teacher who gives him a mean look every day; or the kids who taunt him at P.E. and the coach who does nothing. I can't give this school high marks.

Posted August 23, 2005

My daughter has attended this school for 3 yrs and loves the fact that everything ties into the marine theme, giving her a chance to show off how much she remembers from previous years. Now I have two more children there and the faculity have exceeded my expectations of meeting the unique challenges each child's personality brings. I also am happy with the fact that USF is a partner in the learning process here, spanish is taught starting in kindergarten, and they still include music and art despite the fact so many schools are deeming these unneeded.

Posted August 30, 2004

A very nice new facility. The teachers are helpful and kind.

Posted July 19, 2004

Children should not be forced to attend this school. School choice is just that, overview school is beautiful, but needs improvement.

Posted June 15, 2004

Bad area of town, teacher quality is terrible, student was forced to be bused there. All students from northside shipped down there because no one wants to send their children there. F rating!

Posted May 7, 2004

Ann Maxfield is a superior teacher.T hose of us with special needs students are often pushed throught the public system. Ann treats every child with compassion and as though they were her own. The office staff is wonderful at Cambell Park also treating you with respect and grace. Our last year has been delightful and my child has learned new skills. We recommend this program and school. Who wouldn't like a brand new child friendly school?

Posted November 17, 2003

This school is excellent. The teachers and principle, Mr. Steen all work together. Any issues with your child are a group effort. When it came time to pick my daughters school with the new Choice program. I did not hesitate nor look around at any other schools. This is where I wanted her to go. She has attended since 1st grade and she loves it!

Posted September 9, 2003

The most exciting thing about Campbell Park is that it is a marine science center. The focus really makes it unique.

Posted April 27, 2003

I believe Campbell Park is an excellent school. The teachers are involved and caring. This school has a Marine Science program in which the students become very interested to learn. There is also a program to teach the students spanish. I was amazed when my 5 year old son came home with the ability to count to 5, say good morning and recite colors in spanish!

Math

The state average for Math was 58% in 2014.

80 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 57% in 2014.

81 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Math

The state average for Math was 63% in 2014.

73 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 61% in 2014.

74 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 53% in 2014.

72 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Math

The state average for Math was 56% in 2014.

77 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 61% in 2014.

78 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Science

The state average for Science was 54% in 2014.

78 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 81% in 2012.

76 students were tested at this school in 2012.

2010

Scale: % scoring at or above level 3

Source: Florida Department of Education

• In 2011-2012, this school received a grade of "D".
  • In 2010-2011, this school received a grade of "C".
  • In 2009-2010, this school received a grade of "C".
  • In 2008-2009, this school received a grade of "C".

Ethnicity This school

• MR. ROBERT A OVALLE
Fax number
  • (727) 893-2652

Extra learning resources offered
  • Title I Schoolwide program (SWP)

Apply now