St. Petersburg, FL

Posted March 20, 2015
My family has been at the school for 12 years and we have seen many changes over the years but it remains a premium Catholic school. The faculty and staff are very caring and have high expectations for the students. The teachers and principal are very accessible and communicate well with the parents. The parents are welcome on campus and have the opportunity to be involved in the school family through volunteer work. My children feel like they are part of a big family at school and are comfortable and happy. Overall the school provides a solid well rounded education.

St Jude Cathedral School 4

Posted March 12, 2015
I have two kids currently at St. Jude and I have seen such a growth in my kids since attending the school. Their integrity and morals are beyond their years. The education and values taught here are excellent. The catholic teachings are the stronghold of this school. I have seen such great improvements to the school in this year with the new principle. I cannot wait to see the new upcoming improvements which are planned. We are so blessed to have our children in this positive, loving, and joyful environment.

Posted January 26, 2015
The Cathedral School of St Jude is a treasure! Our son has attended since pre-school he is now in First Grade. We believe he is receiving the finest possible education in our community. There are highly rated prep schools and fundamental schools in Central Pinellas but none of these schools offers the spiritual, social, and civic componants of a Catholic education. Our son has been mentored by middle school children since the age of 3. He was reading and writing at age 3! The school provides opportunities to participate in Chess Club, Mad Science, Odessey of the Mind, Choir, and extra-curricular sports clinics and teams, even tennis team. The faculty models and teaches the children about virtue and character from a Christ centered perspective. St Jude educators spend a career at the school and alumni send their children to the school. It has been in our community for 60 years and for good reason it is simply an outstanding place to educate, form and socialize your child!

Posted July 01, 2014
We moved our boys from a public fundamental school to St Jude's in January of 2013. They were in 2nd grade and 4th grade. It was the best decision we could have made for our family and our children! The curriculum is excellent including writing Cursive Writing and a second language course - Spanish. They learn accountability, self-discipline, ethical and religious values. They foster a strong sense of community involvement within the school and out in the community itself. I love how the older kids are taught to mentor the younger children rather than demean them. We have nothing but positive experiences with the front office staff, teachers, administrators and the families. The After-Care Program is also excellent. Our boys are getting a good education and enjoying school again. As parents, we could not be happier!

St Jude Cathedral School 1

Posted May 26, 2014
Needs improvement. Teachers seem to not really communicate very well if at all, and the computer system used to log homework and assignments is not utilized effectively. Negative teachers bring down moral of dedicated families, and make some children feel inadequate. (Not really fitting the "Christian way") Lack of organization turns off new prospective parents.

Posted October 03, 2009
Individual attention payed to each student every day in a loving atmosphere

St Jude Cathedral School 2

Posted July 05, 2008
This school shelters the children way to much I would prefer my child go to a public school were they could grow and learn more about studies and also more importantly life!

St Jude Cathedral School

Posted June 30, 2008
I think St. Jude is a wonderful school. My 4 kids have attended since Kindergarten. They have learned so much more than they would have at a public school. They have learned about God's love, which was one of our priorities. St. Jude gets better each year. The teachers communicate with compassion and a sincere williness to help my kids succeed. I can't say enough good things about St. Jude. We just love it.

St Jude Cathedral School 3

Posted January 10, 2008
Better than public in Florida. Class sizes have grown the last three years since we have been sending our student there. Communication between parent and teacher was lacking before the new web based system they have now. As with all schools it has its pros and cons.

Posted September 12, 2006
St Jude's feels like a close-knit family. Everyone there calls everyone by name, and we all look out for one another. My children who have finished at St. Jude's have gone on to public high schools to find themselves academically ahead of their peers for at least the first semester, and thereafter in many areas such as discipline and focus. Sports are a major focus at St Jude's. Sports are offered every year during the regular curriculum as well as after school. Music classes are offered as well as the church choir. The parental involvement is outstanding at St. Jude's! All the parents want to be involved. Usually, they have to turn away parents for field trips, etc., because they have more than enough chaperones. The main reason my children are at St. Jude's is the moral values taught here. We are extremely happy with the education they receive.

St Jude Cathedral School
600 58th Street North, St. Petersburg, FL  33710
Last modified St Jude Cathedral School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
St Jude Cathedral School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 15 reviews. Top