5-12|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)

My child is a senior at this school, this is her third year, she is loving every moment. The faculty and staff are the best.

We are thrilled to be at Canterbury. Our son transferred here a few years ago and fit right in. The students were SO welcoming and inviting. The teachers genuinely take an interest in whatever your special talent may be, whether it's music, sports, theater, or a talent one doesn't even realize they have yet. Extremely knowledgeable faculty engage students beyond book learning. My son is ready for college, academically and socially. Hands down, this is the best school in our county.

My Daughter went to Canterbury and it was the best decision we could have ever made for her! She is smart, confident, she make friends easily, she cares about others and she respects the environment a lot of this is because of Canterbury. There is no other school that will help give your child so many opportunities to be successful and help develop your child into an amazing citizen with a world of potential!

There are high teacher turnovers in upper campus and some kids are very disruptive in class. These kids don't get into trouble because their parents have enough influence in the school. There are language courses that's offered but the kids do not seem to improve over the years, especially in lower school. This school does not offer enough to justify the cost of tuition.

Canterbury School of Florida is an amazing school! My child loves the teachers and the teachers really do care about the kids. There is a sense of community with the parents, kids and school staff. My child has learned more than the traditional subjects of math and reading, but has also learned character. Upon graduating from high school, the kids get into some of the very best schools around the county and many are awarded with scholarships. This is a truly a wonderful school!

As parents of a child who has been at Canterbury for 13 years (since preK), we couldn't be happier with the school. The teachers really care about your child's education & development, in every way--academic, athletic, moral. And to top it all off, the college advising is second to none. If you're looking for the best school in the area, this is it. Take a tour. See what it's all about. You won't be sorry.

A lovely balance of academics and nurturing appropriate for grade levels. Ability to create own areas of academic interest for higher grade students and lots of studying tru play for the younger ones. As a parent, never having to worry that the child is overlooked or ignored is priceless. Children feel loved and develop amazing self confidence. A variety of community projects exposes children to the world outside of the one many live in.

This school is one of the rare few in the Tampa Bay Area that delivers what it promises. Bullying is not tolerated. Very few cliques with a family oriented atmosphere. The teachers are tied into the parents with several updates via email on grades and progress each month. The portal to review homework and progress is easy and gives parents a way to make sure they know exactly what the kids are supposed to be doing. We moved both kids from another similarly priced top notch private school and thank goodness we did. Won't be looking back. Canterbury is the school that is up and coming. All the best teachers from the other private schools seemed to be migrating to this small, loving, academically oriented school. My child was bullied traumatically at another school and he is finally thriving and happy again. Now I have both children in Canterbury and while it is quite the drive, we just LOVE it. We are enjoying a diverse community of very impressive, involved families and children who are not pretentious but certainly could be. It is the right mix of low key, drug free, nurturing, gentle families. I am so glad I kept looking until I found this undiscovered gem of a school.

We love Canterbury! I wouldn't consider another school for my 6 year-old. The teachers, the community feel, and the educational experience is one that is not replicated anywhere else in the area. Starting in Pre-K, the kids learn to speak to a crowd during flag each morning, they have Madarin and Spanish, and a Marine Science program that is unlike any other early education environment I have seen. Truly impressive staff and dedication to excellence!

We are so pleased with Canterbury for our 3rd grade daughter. She was in an "A" rated fundamental school and doing well (straight A's and in the gifted program), but we felt she was not being challenged to her full potential (academically, socially and physically.) After the first day at Canterbury, she said it "was the best school day ever". Canterbury has small class sizes, extremely gifted teachers, recess (which is critical to a good learning enviroment), and enrichment programs such as Spanish, Mandarin, Art, Music, Marine Science, PE, Strings (violin) and a focus on a family atmostphere and character. My daughter is treated as an individual, yet part of a much larger family and it is wonderful. I can sleep at night knowing that we are giving her the best education possible. And an added bonus - she is happy!!!

Last modified Canterbury School of Florida - Knowlton Campus is a Private school that serves grades 5-12