PK-12|Private
School principal icon 130x130 140902

School Official Point of View

Parents and students at Admiral Farragut Academy consistently tell me that what makes us so special is our community. It is a unique feeling hard to describe until you experience it. Here, we are a part of a caring group of faculty, staff, friends and parents. As both a boarding and day school, students in both areas benefit from the cultural diversity and become extraordinarily close. They call it the Farragut Experience. Whether our day students take a boarding student home for the weekend or our boarding students invite day students to visit them in their country, it is a sense of belonging that sets us apart. Students here are not afraid to try new things and their peers encourage them to do so. If you combine this with our beautiful waterfront campus, our amazing faculty, depth of curricular offerings, and our unique opportunities like - sailing, aviation, engineering and marine science - I appeal to you to find a school that compares. Our students benefit from academic excellence, a safe and caring environment, leadership, and social development, all taught through our military model - a model that has worked successfully for hundreds of years. Here, our students are held accountable, taught integrity, honor, self-discipline, and commitment. We strive to develop emotionally mature and resilient young men and women. When I am out in the community at events with our students or when I hear feedback from college placement staff, I am so proud of our students and I enjoy watching our parents beam with pride in their child. I invite you to visit our campus and see what we're all about. We look forward to you becoming part of our family.
June 24, 2013

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)

My daughter is in a safe environment where she is excelling in academics. I love everything about Farragut, and can't wait for my youngest to start this year!!!

The opportunities that Farragut offers are truly INCREDIBLE. The students grow into well-rounded individuals who know how to lead (and follow!). The students are transformed because of the self-discipline learned through naval traditions, signature programs like aviation and scuba, and the opportunity to play in every sport, no matter their ability. The school gives everyone a sense of belonging. I also have to mention the diversity. The other day at dinner I sat with students from Mexico, Bahamas, China, Korea, Vietnam, and Costa Rica all at one table. Now you don't find that in just any private school! Only at Farragut :)

Great school for kids who want to excel in academics and sports. Beautiful campus and the teachers are always available to help the students.

There is a lot to love about Admiral Farragut. The students here are great and the best of friends I've ever had. All the teachers have great personalities and are always willing to help you. They offer tutorial in the morning and after school every day. They're not just a teacher, they're a friend too. I love all the teachers but I like Ms. Deitche because she is always doing the coolest activities and experiments in class. Farragut has so much to offer like clubs, sports, community service projects and after school activities. I love all types of sports but I played basketball, volleyball and soccer here. My favorite part of Farragut is the waterfront because I love cast-netting. My perfect day was on my birthday because i got love from a lot of people.

Admiral Farragut Academy is a great school. There are numerous opportunities offered at the school such as the JROTC program, Scuba, Aviation Academy, Drill Team, and much more. Admiral Farragut is truly one of a kind and instills its students with qualities which prepare them for the future.

My school is one of the best schools in pinellas county we have the best drill team in the city our teachers and staff are very kind and friendly our student body is small but you will get along with them pretty well. also have good sports teams like our football team was states runners ups and our basketball team has won a state title in 2004 and our track team has won multiple district titles as well. For me my freshman year I really didn't know anybody on campus so i had to really adjust the students and faculty welcomed me in to the Farragut. The Curriculum at the school was not what I expected to be when i came in but as time came i got used to we have a variety of classes from biology to anatomy and physiology which in taking now im struggling in that class a little but i go my teachers class before and after school this is the one thing i love about my school we get one on one time with our teachers. last but not lease Admiral Farragut Academy is the best private school in St.Petersburg I love my school and i would recommend your kid to go here

This is my son's first year at the school. We love it and I wish I had known about the school sooner than his 11th grade year. The teachers have been amazing. I love this school.

We are new to Admiral Farragut this year and we are overwhelmed with excitement on how great this school is. It is opening up so many opportunities for our daughter that she would not receive at a Public High School. The students are respectful and have welcomed her from the very beginning. The staff is incredible. You can tell that they actually care about the school and the students. We made the perfect decision to join the Admiral Farragut family! We plan to enroll our other daughter into this school next year as no other school comes close to Admiral Farragut. I highly recommend this school to everyone as it is an experience like no other!

This is our 3rd year in Farragut and we love this school. Like a parent I have close relationship with teachers and staff members are very friendly and helpful. I strongly recommend this school to everyone. The curriculum is fantastic!!

I have attended this school, going into my third year this fall. I am a five day boarder, and I think it offers incredible opportunities for us students. But, the students that want to get something good out of the program and their education can, some other students just want to finish and slide through and they can. The only downside that I have found in the school is the parents. The parents tend to have part in all of the regular high school drama. No matter where you go for school. The girls will be catty, and the boys will be territorial. The parents take part in the drama to the point where it drive others away. What people say about paying money to get special treatment isn't true, because the students that get good grades and make it through without behavior marks are the students that earn it, and if their parents give money to the school, it is because the school deserves. The boarding isn't terrible but it isn't the best, the staff could most definitely be improved but they do great with what they have. Overall, I believe that the ones who want to be prepared for life after high school will be, and they will be quite successful with such a great alumni community.

Last modified Admiral Farragut Academy is a Private school that serves grades PK-12