PK-12|Private
School principal icon 130x130 140902

School Official Point of View

Parents and students at Admiral Farragut Academy consistently tell me that what makes us so special is our community. It is a unique feeling hard to describe until you experience it. Here, we are a part of a caring group of faculty, staff, friends and parents. As both a boarding and day school, students in both areas benefit from the cultural diversity and become extraordinarily close. They call it the Farragut Experience. Whether our day students take a boarding student home for the weekend or our boarding students invite day students to visit them in their country, it is a sense of belonging that sets us apart. Students here are not afraid to try new things and their peers encourage them to do so. If you combine this with our beautiful waterfront campus, our amazing faculty, depth of curricular offerings, and our unique opportunities like - sailing, aviation, engineering and marine science - I appeal to you to find a school that compares. Our students benefit from academic excellence, a safe and caring environment, leadership, and social development, all taught through our military model - a model that has worked successfully for hundreds of years. Here, our students are held accountable, taught integrity, honor, self-discipline, and commitment. We strive to develop emotionally mature and resilient young men and women. When I am out in the community at events with our students or when I hear feedback from college placement staff, I am so proud of our students and I enjoy watching our parents beam with pride in their child. I invite you to visit our campus and see what we're all about. We look forward to you becoming part of our family.
June 24, 2013

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered School leader (1 response)

Admiral Farragut Academy
Grateful to: School leader

Posted November 19, 2015
I want to thank our new high school principal and our new 1st Sgt, who have done an amazing job of tightening up the overall atmosphere. I would also like to thank Mrs. Fine, for giving my children an amazing experience!!

Posted November 19, 2015
My daughter is in a safe environment where she is excelling in academics. I love everything about Farragut, and can't wait for my youngest to start this year!!!

Posted November 19, 2015
The opportunities that Farragut offers are truly INCREDIBLE. The students grow into well-rounded individuals who know how to lead (and follow!). The students are transformed because of the self-discipline learned through naval traditions, signature programs like aviation and scuba, and the opportunity to play in every sport, no matter their ability. The school gives everyone a sense of belonging. I also have to mention the diversity. The other day at dinner I sat with students from Mexico, Bahamas, China, Korea, Vietnam, and Costa Rica all at one table. Now you don't find that in just any private school! Only at Farragut :)

Posted September 15, 2015
Great school for kids who want to excel in academics and sports. Beautiful campus and the teachers are always available to help the students.

Posted April 15, 2015
There is a lot to love about Admiral Farragut. The students here are great and the best of friends I've ever had. All the teachers have great personalities and are always willing to help you. They offer tutorial in the morning and after school every day. They're not just a teacher, they're a friend too. I love all the teachers but I like Ms. Deitche because she is always doing the coolest activities and experiments in class. Farragut has so much to offer like clubs, sports, community service projects and after school activities. I love all types of sports but I played basketball, volleyball and soccer here. My favorite part of Farragut is the waterfront because I love cast-netting. My perfect day was on my birthday because i got love from a lot of people.

Posted April 15, 2015
Admiral Farragut Academy is a great school. There are numerous opportunities offered at the school such as the JROTC program, Scuba, Aviation Academy, Drill Team, and much more. Admiral Farragut is truly one of a kind and instills its students with qualities which prepare them for the future.

Posted April 15, 2015
My school is one of the best schools in pinellas county we have the best drill team in the city our teachers and staff are very kind and friendly our student body is small but you will get along with them pretty well. also have good sports teams like our football team was states runners ups and our basketball team has won a state title in 2004 and our track team has won multiple district titles as well. For me my freshman year I really didn't know anybody on campus so i had to really adjust the students and faculty welcomed me in to the Farragut. The Curriculum at the school was not what I expected to be when i came in but as time came i got used to we have a variety of classes from biology to anatomy and physiology which in taking now im struggling in that class a little but i go my teachers class before and after school this is the one thing i love about my school we get one on one time with our teachers. last but not lease Admiral Farragut Academy is the best private school in St.Petersburg I love my school and i would recommend your kid to go here

Posted October 25, 2013
This is my son's first year at the school. We love it and I wish I had known about the school sooner than his 11th grade year. The teachers have been amazing. I love this school.

Posted October 21, 2013
We are new to Admiral Farragut this year and we are overwhelmed with excitement on how great this school is. It is opening up so many opportunities for our daughter that she would not receive at a Public High School. The students are respectful and have welcomed her from the very beginning. The staff is incredible. You can tell that they actually care about the school and the students. We made the perfect decision to join the Admiral Farragut family! We plan to enroll our other daughter into this school next year as no other school comes close to Admiral Farragut. I highly recommend this school to everyone as it is an experience like no other!

Posted September 10, 2013
This is our 3rd year in Farragut and we love this school. Like a parent I have close relationship with teachers and staff members are very friendly and helpful. I strongly recommend this school to everyone. The curriculum is fantastic!!

Admiral Farragut Academy
501 Park St N, St. Petersburg, FL  33710
Last modified Admiral Farragut Academy is a Private school that serves grades PK-12