St. Petersburg, FL

School principal icon 130x130 140902

School Official Point of View

Parents and students at Admiral Farragut Academy consistently tell me that what makes us so special is our community. It is a unique feeling hard to describe until you experience it. Here, we are a part of a caring group of faculty, staff, friends and parents. As both a boarding and day school, students in both areas benefit from the cultural diversity and become extraordinarily close. They call it the Farragut Experience. Whether our day students take a boarding student home for the weekend or our boarding students invite day students to visit them in their country, it is a sense of belonging that sets us apart. Students here are not afraid to try new things and their peers encourage them to do so. If you combine this with our beautiful waterfront campus, our amazing faculty, depth of curricular offerings, and our unique opportunities like - sailing, aviation, engineering and marine science - I appeal to you to find a school that compares. Our students benefit from academic excellence, a safe and caring environment, leadership, and social development, all taught through our military model - a model that has worked successfully for hundreds of years. Here, our students are held accountable, taught integrity, honor, self-discipline, and commitment. We strive to develop emotionally mature and resilient young men and women. When I am out in the community at events with our students or when I hear feedback from college placement staff, I am so proud of our students and I enjoy watching our parents beam with pride in their child. I invite you to visit our campus and see what we're all about. We look forward to you becoming part of our family.
June 24, 2013

Posted April 15, 2015
There is a lot to love about Admiral Farragut. The students here are great and the best of friends I've ever had. All the teachers have great personalities and are always willing to help you. They offer tutorial in the morning and after school every day. They're not just a teacher, they're a friend too. I love all the teachers but I like Ms. Deitche because she is always doing the coolest activities and experiments in class. Farragut has so much to offer like clubs, sports, community service projects and after school activities. I love all types of sports but I played basketball, volleyball and soccer here. My favorite part of Farragut is the waterfront because I love cast-netting. My perfect day was on my birthday because i got love from a lot of people.

Posted April 15, 2015
Admiral Farragut Academy is a great school. There are numerous opportunities offered at the school such as the JROTC program, Scuba, Aviation Academy, Drill Team, and much more. Admiral Farragut is truly one of a kind and instills its students with qualities which prepare them for the future.

Posted April 15, 2015
My school is one of the best schools in pinellas county we have the best drill team in the city our teachers and staff are very kind and friendly our student body is small but you will get along with them pretty well. also have good sports teams like our football team was states runners ups and our basketball team has won a state title in 2004 and our track team has won multiple district titles as well. For me my freshman year I really didn't know anybody on campus so i had to really adjust the students and faculty welcomed me in to the Farragut. The Curriculum at the school was not what I expected to be when i came in but as time came i got used to we have a variety of classes from biology to anatomy and physiology which in taking now im struggling in that class a little but i go my teachers class before and after school this is the one thing i love about my school we get one on one time with our teachers. last but not lease Admiral Farragut Academy is the best private school in St.Petersburg I love my school and i would recommend your kid to go here

Posted September 11, 2014
This is a great school with caring teachers and administrative staffs. My 2 children have the opportunity to participate in many sports and after school extra-curricular activities. My kids are learning more academically than at their previous private school. They are encouraged to do their best and are motivated by their teachers daily. At the same time, the children are also learning to be independent. They had no problems making friends during their year. Just an overall great school.

Posted October 25, 2013
This is my son's first year at the school. We love it and I wish I had known about the school sooner than his 11th grade year. The teachers have been amazing. I love this school.

Posted October 21, 2013
We are new to Admiral Farragut this year and we are overwhelmed with excitement on how great this school is. It is opening up so many opportunities for our daughter that she would not receive at a Public High School. The students are respectful and have welcomed her from the very beginning. The staff is incredible. You can tell that they actually care about the school and the students. We made the perfect decision to join the Admiral Farragut family! We plan to enroll our other daughter into this school next year as no other school comes close to Admiral Farragut. I highly recommend this school to everyone as it is an experience like no other!

Posted September 10, 2013
This is our 3rd year in Farragut and we love this school. Like a parent I have close relationship with teachers and staff members are very friendly and helpful. I strongly recommend this school to everyone. The curriculum is fantastic!!

Admiral Farragut Academy 4

Posted July 03, 2013
I have attended this school, going into my third year this fall. I am a five day boarder, and I think it offers incredible opportunities for us students. But, the students that want to get something good out of the program and their education can, some other students just want to finish and slide through and they can. The only downside that I have found in the school is the parents. The parents tend to have part in all of the regular high school drama. No matter where you go for school. The girls will be catty, and the boys will be territorial. The parents take part in the drama to the point where it drive others away. What people say about paying money to get special treatment isn't true, because the students that get good grades and make it through without behavior marks are the students that earn it, and if their parents give money to the school, it is because the school deserves. The boarding isn't terrible but it isn't the best, the staff could most definitely be improved but they do great with what they have. Overall, I believe that the ones who want to be prepared for life after high school will be, and they will be quite successful with such a great alumni community.

Posted June 21, 2013
As a local parent and someone who drove by wondering, "what is this school all about" you have to visit to know the full story. Farragut is more than a school, it is a family and a way of life. The students who attend want to be there and in the teenage years, that is very important. Farragut has a lot to offer a variety of students. The military minded might obtain their pilots license while the scientific student might lean more towards the marine science/scuba route. Having options and opportunities is what makes Farragut a special place and having true leaders and mentors makes it even better. I would say, dont judge a book by the cover or what "everyone else" says and check it out. My family and our children owe a lot to this school. I am a current parent of two students who have been at the school for 5+ years and am very pleased and so are the children, which is even more important! If you look at the students who are at the school today, most have been there since elementary or middle school. The matriculation alone says a lot!

Posted June 20, 2013
My daughter just graduated from Farragut last month after attending since 4th grade. It was a fabulous experience for us. The teachers are amazing! They do so many hands on projects and trips but more than that, they are truly mentors. In the setting of a boarding school, even the day students get the global experience. My daughter traveled to Korea the summer of her Sophomore year with her Farragut friend. She boarded her senior year to get a step up preparing for college and I can tell you it made a difference on her college resume! She is continuing on to a top private school with a leadership scholarship and we truly have Farragut to thank for all they did to get her there!

Admiral Farragut Academy
501 Park St N, St. Petersburg, FL  33710
Last modified Admiral Farragut Academy is a Private school that serves grades PK-12
Admiral Farragut Academy Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 48 reviews. Top