PK-8|Private

Bad
Good

Posted December 29, 2015
We didn't plan to do private school but our family experience in preK at Our Savior had us sold in about 3 weeks. There is such a family atmosphere; my child requests to go to aftercare; everyone knows our name. In prek, the kids pair up with 3rd and 4th graders for chapel, they have the opportunity to learn Spanish, music etc plus plenty of outdoor time. A fantastic value and worth the investment.

Posted December 12, 2015
Love Our Savior Lutheran! This is our first year in attendance; and the boys have transitioned with ease (especially from moving overseas). The teachers and staff are extra caring, attentive, and supportive. The boys love the school, activities, and their classmates.

Our Savior Lutheran School 4

Posted May 30, 2014
We love Our Savior! We're church members as well as a school family and have been there for 3 years. The early childcare and kindergarten teachers are so loving, while imparting Christian morals and academic learning. The tuition is reasonable and they offer all kinds of athletic opportunities. We actually got a late acceptance to an A-rated magnet school and witched to the public school, then switched back a few months later because we couldn't come close to matching the culture, friendliness and living love found at Our Savior. The teachers, administration and other staff know every students' name and the students know children from every grade. It's like one giant family. The school offers summer camp, an aftercare program and hot lunches through a catering company. Highly recommend. I can't speak for the older grades because we haven't experienced them yet, but the older students are very sweet and conscientious. Plus, the pastor is just wonderful. The school, of course, is not perfect (I'd like to see more shade on the playground, for example), but we've been very happy there over the years. It's worth checking out.

Posted April 08, 2014
Every staff member from teachers , kitchen, or front office knows all the children by name and love them as their own. The principal Mr. Crosmer drops what he is doing to help any child or parent in need with any concern. He is very hands on in every aspect of the school and is always there early and stays late everyday. You will never see a more dedicated principal. The children adore him .The teachers work hard to help many children with many different problems be successful. They answer emails immediately and every parent has their home phone number. As a parent it is also our job to make sure our child is doing what they are supposed to. The math teacher is also the coach and the children love having sports with him. He goes over all homework in class and answers any childs questions during class . Please when writing a bad review be honest in what you state. I have never been turned down when asking for help in 6th grade math. The pastor of this school also is wonderful and my child cant wait to go to chapel on Wed. mornings. This school truly lives by their motto LIVING LOVE.

Posted April 08, 2014
My daughter started at OSLS in elementary school and received an excellent education through the 8th grade. I was worried about sending her to a large public high school after being in such small, caring environment, but my fears were set to rest after just a few weeks of high school. She was so prepared academically - she was ahead of the other students in her honors program and had study skills that her public school peers did not. She went into high school with 2 high school credits giving her more choices of classes. We were fortunate to have so many options at our small school that she new how to make the best choices for her in high school. Not only did she have an excellent education at OSLS our small class size let her rise as a leader and become confident in her abilities. We owe all that to the personal attention given by the teachers at OSLS. They were always there to help with academics before and after school if needed and gently guided students towards good decision making. She came out of OSLS with skills and a foundation that last a life time - we thank the dedicated teachers at OSLS for that!

Posted April 07, 2014
We have been at Our Savior since my daughter was in preschool , she is now attending Middle School there. We LOVE the school, teachers are very caring and want the students to succeed. As a parent with a child in Middle School it has been a blessing having my child there. Middle School can be intimidating for some kids and middle school teachers at Our Savior are warm, welcome and approachable. Mr. Crosmer is a very hands-on Principal, he cares about the students and helps them succeed- he teaches the advance math class for Middle School students and is always available to meet with parents and address their concerns.

Posted April 07, 2014
my family has been at Our Savior for 10 years. My daughter graduated from 8th grade last year and entered public high school this past fall. She is in all honors classes and doing extremely well. Our Savior is a wonderful environment. Small class sizes and hands on teachers really make a big difference. It really prepared my daughter for high school. Last year, all of the Algebra students had to take the state EOC exam in order to get high school credit and ALL OF THEM PASSED!! My son is still at Our Savior and has a few years left. He too is doing extremely well. His grades are amazing and he loves school. The teachers do a great job, but the parents need to do their jobs too. I still check homework and study with my kids every day. As a parent, while my kids are living with me, i am responsilble to make sure they have the tools they need to succeed. We can't just rely on the teachers to teach. We as parents need to reinforce what the kids are learning in school...academically, socially and spiritually. I am proud to be part of the Our Savior Family.. The Teachers, Principal and staff are all supportive, reliable and easy to talk to.

Posted April 01, 2014
We love OSLS, we have been part of the family there for 5 years now.

Our Savior Lutheran School 2

Posted March 10, 2014
I enrolled my child in this school excited about the benefits of private schooling. The school environment if fantastic, and the lower school (K-5) is very good. Middle school is not what I expected. A few teachers are very good, but others are spread too thin. In 6th grade math 30%-40% of the students are failing. When parents approach teacher for help, told he does not HAVE TIME to help students. Teacher also refuses to go over problem areas in class, help students before/after school, offer re-tests, extra credit, or grade homework! This is astounding considering nearly half the class is failing. Principal puts blame on the students. I feel as if teachers are being protected due to family ties with other teachers or staff. Another concern: The middle school schedule is completely disorganized. Each day is a different schedule, again due to teachers doing multiple jobs. I had to create a schedule sheet for each day of the week so my child and I could figure out which books to carry and which classes to go to. I would give the school a 4 if the math issue had been resolved or even attempted to be improved by the principal but it has not.

Posted October 28, 2013
Our Savior Lutheran School really does follow it's church's motto of "Living Love." The teachers are dedicated to their students, the classes a just the right size, and it's just a great community environment. One of my favorite things about Our Savior is it's Chapel buddy program when the elementary and middle school children are pared with the much younger pre school and VPK children once a week for Chapel time, it's a way to empower youngsters to be good leaders and truly lead by example. Our Savior really is inspiring our youth to be good Christian citizens.

Our Savior Lutheran School
5843 4th Ave S, St. Petersburg, FL  33707
Last modified Our Savior Lutheran School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8