Posted May 15, 2015
Quite simply, Jamerson is simply the best elementary school in Pinellas County. From the teachers, innovative engineering program, focus on STEAM principles and true learning rather than perfect test scores, this school excels beyond belief. My son has attended this school his entire elementary school years except for four months in a public charter school which was a mistake on my part as a parent. I quickly realized my error and my son was fortunate to be able to return "home". A diverse student body, wonderful activities/clubs, awesome field trips, excellent before/after school program on site and teachers who love their jobs have made school exceptional. My only complaint.....add a middle school here.

Posted October 25, 2014
I am a substitute teacher and also in college majoring in secondary education. I have been to several elementary schools as well as middle schools through out the county as a substitute. So I have had a chance to carefully observe the leadership of administration and how faculty interacts with each other and their students at all of the schools that I have visited. If I have to choose the best experience for myself, Jamerson wins hands down! Not only does every teacher share the passion to teach but the students are enjoying their learning experience. This is not to say that the other schools that I've visited doesn't have these two elements but this particular school is very organized and they have a great behavior support system in place. And this makes a world of difference; especially for a substitute who can use the system to their advantage in regards to classroom management. There has not been one time the principal did not come in to check on a classroom that I was teaching. This tells me that she cares and is making sure things are going the way that they are supposed to. Based on my experience there, I have made a consideration to add elementary education under my belt.

Posted April 08, 2014
This is my son's third year at Jamerson and we love it! The teachers are so amazing. My son is excited to go to school every morning and comes home every afternoon telling me about all the things he learned. The amount of passion the teachers have for their jobs just blows me away! All the way from the principal to the cafeteria staff are wonderful. I wish that I could have gone to Jamerson when I was a child. All of the parents really want their kids in this school and it shows. There is always a great turn out at every event they have. I am very happy with the way that they inspire my son to always do his best. Thank you Jamerson for being so awesome!

Posted April 08, 2014
This is a great place with excited teachers, innovative learning, and top notch programs. We been at the school for 10 years and love it. I wouldn't want to be anywhere else in the county, or the state, for that matter. Teachers really care and want all kids to do their best. There is also a great mix of kids with different experiences and economic backgrounds so they learn to interact well with all groups - great life experience. Hundreds of parents attend every special event.

Posted April 08, 2014
Great Staff, great program for all children! Very pleased with my experience as a parent.

Posted April 08, 2014
Jamerson is a phenomenal school, introducing young minds to the exciting world of engineering early in their lives. The project based curriculum is not only educational, but super fun for the kids. It is the best kept secret in St. Pete, and we are proud to be a part of it!

Posted October 12, 2013
Jamerson is a fantastic elementary school with great staff, involved parents,etc! We have been @ Jamerson for 5 years now and I definitely would not have kept my daughter there if I didn't love it! Go Jamerson! : )

Posted September 21, 2013
We loved Jamerson...my son is now in HS but he received the best possible start at Jamerson. He was challenged, loved and built into a remarkable young man at Jamerson. The parents are there because they want to be...a truly vibrant parent organization dedicated to making it happen for their children. The most collegial, caring staff that any school could offer is always striving to improve. The kids are happy and engaged whenever you visit...what else could a parent ask of a school.

Posted September 17, 2013
I am a parent of a graduated student from Douglas Jamerson Elementary who was so well prepared entering middle school, and I'm so very happy to be at DLJ for the next 5 years with my second child. The teachers are amazing, and the principal is outstanding! This is the most well-rounded school. From the arts to the academics I feel privileged to be a part of it.

Posted September 16, 2013
My daughter is in 5th grade. I will be so sorry when this school year is over and I no longer have a child at Jamerson. The staff provides such a positive, warm environment. They really care about ALL kids, not just the ones in their classroom. The integrated engineering curriculum is unique in the county. Even if your child isn't interested in engineering specifically, this curriculum teaches different ways of looking at things and problem-solving skills, things that are necessary for anyone in life. Parents are truly welcomed here too!

Douglas L. Jamerson Junior Elementary School
1200 37th St S, St. Petersburg, FL  33711
Last modified Douglas L. Jamerson Junior Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Douglas L. Jamerson Junior Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 37 reviews. Top