Stuart, FL
Students enrolled: 2,090

Posted May 18, 2015
Out of the 3 high schools in Martin county it is the best, better than Jensen. Great scores, great for college readiness, great sports. My son is graduating with honors and high SAT scores

Posted December 07, 2009
I graduated from MCHS in 2006. It was an interesting experience and one I will never forget. The physical structure was awful, and I hear they began construction a couple of years ago which is great. I ended up going to the University of Vermont to study Music Education. MCHS had an outstanding music program and I would recommend taking a class with Mr. Corbin even if you can't sing. He will change your life! My guidance counselor was a severe disappointment and told me that if I wanted to go to schools in the Northeast then I would need to enlist help from a professional college entrance adviser. I wish I had challenged myself as a student and had taken more AP classes (they have a wonderful assortment) because my honor classes were very easy. would recommend this school to students who are willing to take their own initiative. :)

Posted June 22, 2009
I graduated MCHS in 2005, from the AP program. I have to say that most of my teachers were more qualified than my college professors. I had a nuclear physicist for physics, a former military intelligence case officer for American history, the former head of quality control for Pratt and Whitney for Statistics and my Calculus I and II teacher was probably the most aggressive educator I have ever had, comical in her intensity, but effective, memorable and understood her subject as well as any professor I have ever had. The biggest downside of MCHS that I had, when I went to University of Florida, I felt that my professors were grossly under-qualified compared to my high school teachers! It makes it hard to take college serious when you go from someone that was spying on the Soviets in the 1980's to a professor that once read a book about it.
2 people found this helpful

Posted April 03, 2009
I have a son, graduated last year and a daughter will graduate from MCHS this year. I have been actively involved in schools for over 15 years. Compared to schools in Illinois, the Principal and staff at MCHS get the picture that the schools should challenge kids to learn. I believe that MCHS is the best! I wish more parents were involved but that is what happens when kids reach high school. Both kids are in or accepted at good universities and can look forward to success there building off the base provided by MCHS. One great school.

Posted October 10, 2008
My daughter loved MCHS! She went there for my freshman year and said it was great funand the administrators were really there to help you. She was able to take Honors and AP classes and still have a social life. Everyone was so school spirited && she was it was easy to love the school. We moved after her freshman year and I never hear the end of her saying how much MCHS school is better than the school she goes to now. She still consider MCHS her home.

Posted September 18, 2006
My two kids benefited from MCHS. My daughter was involved in the AP program, especially math and science as well as the band during her first three years. She went on to be a National Merit Scholar, so clearly the program works. My son did lots of dual enrollment classes and brought over 40 semester credits with him to college. He was breifly involved with the drama program (technical). As a parent I found it easy to be involved; I wish more parents had been able to give just a little of themselves to help make a good place even better.

Martin County High School 4

Posted August 07, 2006
I really love MCHS! I haven't been going here long, but I have had six or seven family members go here, and say it is a great and fun! I am so excited to begin school again... especially one that has been loved by many people. With all the after school activities it is really easy to get involved, and meet new people, and with all the sports it's hard not to show school spirit! The teacher's are nice, and easy to talk to if you have a question, and everyone is just really helpful!

Martin County High School 4

Posted June 17, 2006
I think the more recent reviews here say it pretty well. We have very few complaints about teachers or other staff. The two guidance people we have known are top-flight. My daughter benefitted from Pre-AP and AP classes while my under-achieving son learned more how to 'work the system' to graduate than really how to crack the books and 'learn to learn'. I think he might have been more actively identified as struggling and offered the more personalized help he needed but this is public school and they do what they can...

Posted May 19, 2005
MCHS has an exceptionally wide availability of more than 20 AP classes for students to choose from. More than 85% of MCHS high school graduates go on to college. MCHS provides a really fine and balanced education for students who want to take advantage of the classes that are offered. There are many class and club activities for kids to be involved with. The guidance counselors are very knowlegable about helping kids choose and apply to colleges. My two sons have really enjoyed their high school years here.

Martin County High School 3

Posted January 26, 2005
Academic Programs are acceptable. The extracurricular activities are available. The level of Parent involvement could be better.

2801 South Kanner Highway, Stuart, FL  34994
Last modified Martin County High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Martin County High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 24 reviews. Top