Pinewood Elementary School

Public | K-5 | 740 students

Posted April 2, 2014

We have been with Pinewood Sschool for 2 years. As a retired teacher & after raising 3 children of our own & now we are raising our grandson, I am very pleased & impressed with the academic level & the additional help that is available to students who need extra help.

Posted September 2, 2011

We started at Pinewood last year (having to relocate from another county in the state) and have had nothing but good experiences with the school and staff. We love the new principal, Mr. Green and have been very happy with the teachers our boys have this year. And the one our older son had last year too. We give Pinewood a thumbs up!

Posted August 31, 2011

Four years? your very happy there and you wait until now to post a review??? c'mon its obivous the village has banned together against one negative poster. This review section has been inactive since 2009! I stand my case I am one parent who has the right to speak up and five parents reference my review in there posts. Why don't you ask your child what is so wonderful about the school? Maybe you all oppose my opinion because deep down you truly feel that way too! I know we are all stuck in the real estate drought so we have to believe this is storyville. Astalavista

Posted August 31, 2011

This is our 4th year at Pinewood and my feeling is Pinewood gets bad press because of its Title1 status, but that s all it is unreliable, bad press . I have found the staff and administrators to be accommodating, nurturing and caring. I have never experienced anything negative with the school or staff. Every question or concern has been quickly addressed. The PTA is great; open to newcomers and appreciative of supportive parents. Another parent made a comment about Spanish speaking at the school. I have never experienced an issue where Spanish was spoken to me or my children. Yes, there are interpreters for Spanish speaking parents, and I m glad to see the school accommodates those parents who are just as eager to be involved as anyone else. I am very pleased my children have a multicultural experience.

Posted August 29, 2011

I think Pinewood is a wonderful school. I know that when my children go to school each day they will learn, be safe, and be respected as well as respectful.

Posted August 29, 2011

Pinewood is awesome! We are so thankful to the wonderful administration, teachers, staff and families for making this school so great! Our kids have grown so much academically and socially through the caring guidance and exceptional instruction they have received at Pinewood. Looking forward to many more years of excellence!

Posted August 29, 2011

I am new to the school, so I can say without bias that I have taught elsewhere and never have found a school with such a talented faculty and dedicated parents. We are so fortunate at Pinewood Elementary to have such an active PTA as well. This school is truly one of the best kept secrets in Martin County.
—Submitted by a teacher

Posted August 29, 2011

Pinewood ES is an awesome school with dedicated teachers, staff and parents. I have been at PWE for what seems like forever, both my children started here in Kindergarten (my oldest is in HS) and would not change anything. I am welcomed to participate in all activities. The teachers and staff have to deal with adversity on every level and I believe in the saying "It takes a village"! The school welcomes and accepts the challenges that are presented at times and they acheive their goals to the best!!

Posted June 22, 2009

I have been pleased with this school for my 3rd grader and my kindergarter. My kindergartener has developmental delays and I must say that the school and his teacher have worked very hard to see that his IEP met all of his needs and that he was learning in the classroom.

Posted November 6, 2006

This is our first year here at Pinewood. We came from a local catholic school. My children are thriving in 1st and 4th grades. There are so many activities for my 4th grader. Teachers are wonderful. Parent involvement is good. Overall a wonderful school!

Posted May 7, 2006

Quality of academics is awesome. Everyone cares about the children as individuals as well as students. Principal, other staff and teachers are great. I couldn't have asked for a better school for my son. Thanks, Pinewood Elemenatary!

Posted February 16, 2005

Pine wood has a great education for children. The teachers are wonderful and well qualified. My daughter is very happy at Pinewood Elementary.

Math

The state average for Math was 58% in 2014.

131 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 57% in 2014.

130 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Math

The state average for Math was 63% in 2014.

126 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 61% in 2014.

126 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 53% in 2014.

123 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Math

The state average for Math was 56% in 2014.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 61% in 2014.

Science

The state average for Science was 54% in 2014.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 81% in 2012.

108 students were tested at this school in 2012.

2010

Scale: % scoring at or above level 3

Source: Florida Department of Education

• In 2011-2012, this school received a grade of "B".
  • In 2010-2011, this school received a grade of "B".
  • In 2009-2010, this school received a grade of "C".
  • In 2008-2009, this school received a grade of "B".

Ethnicity This school

• MR. LARRY GREEN
Fax number
  • (772) 219-1603

Extra learning resources offered
  • Title I Schoolwide program (SWP)

Apply now