526 students|Monroe

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

I attended this school from 5th grade until most of my 8th grade. I had a really fun time here, although they had some pretty bogus rules (like no purses bigger than a sheet of paper). I will have to say though, that some of the staff are EXTREMELY unprofessional. The 7th grade science teacher yelled at another kid and I for being late to class. He spent 10 minutes of the class period yelling and embarrassing us, going so far as to say that we should be grateful that he didn't report us and that we were putting him under so much stress. I didn't tell anyone then, but I think he, and other parents should know this. I'm almost certain he would have been fired had I had the courage to talk to my parents about this. (And yes, he still works there and is in the same position) Another staff member yelled at me for entering the lunch room to retrieve my jacket during my recess time. It amazes me how these people are put in positions where they deal with children everyday... The music program is fantastic! Mr, Dallas does a great job at teaching children not only how to play music, but understand it. Now in my senior year of highschool in a different state, I'm surprised to see how many high schoolers have never had any music theory education in their primary years.

Good School! My child went to this School for a few years. We were very happy there. Open doors policy. You can see teachers everyday face-to-face in the mornings or at pick-up time and ask a quick question. Some of stuff (office) are not so helpfull, but overall teachers care about students' achievments. Many parents and teachers are part of the local community, but it doen't affect grading and teaching processes. Maybe it affects some of the rewarding prosesses.

I could not be more pleased to have our son attending school at Sugarloaf. I have a son in 4th grade at Sugarloaf and so far I have been very impressed. The school it's self is large and offers many options for the children. We came from the much smaller school down the road and we had a terrible experience there with students that were allowed to bully others non stop and have nothing at all happen also a teacher there actually put their hands on my child and others. The communication here is great not to mention the classroom Dojo where you can log in at anytime during the day and see your child's progress for that particular day. The bus system is also great and for being a larger school they have tight security for people that don't belong in school grounds.

My grandson just started so we don't know much about the school. his teacher is wonderful and he has learned a lot since he started.

We are a military family, relocating often, and we chose our home in the Keys based on school zone. Sugarloaf has been a great school for our kids - we have one in elementary and one in middle school. Do issues arise? Of course - teachers are human, students are human. But, when issues do arise, they are addressed and resolved professionally and cooperatively. We would recommend Sugarloaf to anyone considering school placement in the Keys!

We moved from Miami and My child is now in 8 th grade. He has been in Sugarloaf for 2 years. The school is wonderful . The teachers are very helpful . I would highly recommend this school.

I think Sugarloaf school is a wonderful school. I read many parents diagreed and said this school was disorganized. When I first moved here from marathon. I realized my old school was far behind. But Sugarloaf caught me up and fast. The teachers are GREAT!If you want your child to have a great education pick Sugarloaf Elementry/Middle School! It has a great Learning enviroment!

This is the best school in the keys. Theres great learning enviorments and fun teachers.

Last modified Sugarloaf School is a Public school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.