Summerland Key, FL

Posted May 07, 2015
Good School! My child went to this School for a few years. We were very happy there. Open doors policy. You can see teachers everyday face-to-face in the mornings or at pick-up time and ask a quick question. Some of stuff (office) are not so helpfull, but overall teachers care about students' achievments. Many parents and teachers are part of the local community, but it doen't affect grading and teaching processes. Maybe it affects some of the rewarding prosesses.

Posted August 25, 2014
I could not be more pleased to have our son attending school at Sugarloaf. I have a son in 4th grade at Sugarloaf and so far I have been very impressed. The school it's self is large and offers many options for the children. We came from the much smaller school down the road and we had a terrible experience there with students that were allowed to bully others non stop and have nothing at all happen also a teacher there actually put their hands on my child and others. The communication here is great not to mention the classroom Dojo where you can log in at anytime during the day and see your child's progress for that particular day. The bus system is also great and for being a larger school they have tight security for people that don't belong in school grounds.

Posted March 07, 2014
My grandson just started so we don't know much about the school. his teacher is wonderful and he has learned a lot since he started.

Posted February 25, 2014
We are a military family, relocating often, and we chose our home in the Keys based on school zone. Sugarloaf has been a great school for our kids - we have one in elementary and one in middle school. Do issues arise? Of course - teachers are human, students are human. But, when issues do arise, they are addressed and resolved professionally and cooperatively. We would recommend Sugarloaf to anyone considering school placement in the Keys!

Posted May 12, 2008
We moved from Miami and My child is now in 8 th grade. He has been in Sugarloaf for 2 years. The school is wonderful . The teachers are very helpful . I would highly recommend this school.

Posted August 10, 2007
I think Sugarloaf school is a wonderful school. I read many parents diagreed and said this school was disorganized. When I first moved here from marathon. I realized my old school was far behind. But Sugarloaf caught me up and fast. The teachers are GREAT!If you want your child to have a great education pick Sugarloaf Elementry/Middle School! It has a great Learning enviroment!

Posted June 29, 2007
This is the best school in the keys. Theres great learning enviorments and fun teachers.

Sugarloaf School 1

Posted August 10, 2005
My children attended and got all A's & B's at Sugarloaf and when we moved we found out that the education is so far behind our new schools that we had to enroll our kids in an educatiional learning center to help them catch up. Sugarloaf is the most disorganized school. If you call the office for information noone knows what is going on. Many teachers need to retire, they are boring and lack interest in teaching. The move we made is the best thing we could have done for our children's education.

Posted May 13, 2005
Small, community minded school. Great academics.

Sugarloaf School 3

Posted April 10, 2005
I have a son in 4th grade and a son in 5th grade at Sugarloaf Elementary. They have both attended since kindergarden. I feel pretty good overall with their educational experiences, although I have made sure I am available on a volunteer basis for both their classrooms and the school in general. This has given me the ability to keep eyes and ears open to things. My complaints have more to do with public education in general, specifically with the testing (FCAT) that is done. While I understand the need for accountability, I think the FCAT's have had the unintended result of students being taught to simply pass the test. The lack of learning about critical thinking is alarming and I do not think our children are being prepared for the world and work place the will eventually have to participate in.

255 Crane Boulevard, Summerland Key, FL  33042
Last modified Sugarloaf School is a Public school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Sugarloaf School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 17 reviews. Top