975 students|Broward

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)

My daughter has been attending this school for a short period of time, but she loves it. Me, personally, feel safe bringing her there everyday, her learning experience has improved considerably and the staff is excellent. Everybody in my area tells me how lucky am I to be able to bring my kid to that school. I wish it would continue to be like that throughout the years.

They use innovative techniques I'm rder to maintain discipline at this school. My daughter looks forward to going to school. Her first grade teacher Mrs. Duverge was exceptional and so is her second grade teacher Mrs. Whitfield. Discovery Elementary is truly 'A' great place to be.

Ms. Fulton is an excellent leader!! The school runs smoothly. My daughter has been there for 4 years and loves it! Teachers are great and she is learning so much!

Discovery Elementary is by far one of the best schools in the Sunrise, Florida area. The leadership of the school is beyond exceptional as careful attention and detail is afforded to every area of student learning-including those grades not currently affected by standardized testing. The atmosphere of the school is extremely professional and teachers/staff are motivated to provide high quality, innovative instruction daily. Overall, kids enjoy attending Discovery Elementary and parents/stakeholders couldn't be prouder!

My daughter started at Discovery Elementary when they first opened and now she is in 4th grade. She has excelled in all areas and all her teachers are Awesome. Mrs Fulton is involved and makes herself accessible to all parents. I Love Discovery!!

Wonderful school!!!. My son is in second grade with Mrs. Soto and we are so happy, she is a great teacher and manages to have the kids super involved, interested and learning at a great pace. Communication is great, she is always prompt to answer and keeps parents involved in the class activities. Love Discovery Elementary and all the staff that are always proved to very helpful but specially I am very grateful with Mrs. Soto for her great commitment with the students.

Discovery Elementary is "A" great school. My child feel safe, nourished and encouraged to develop his potential every day. The school staff is friendly and well educated to support students. Curriculum is well planned and diverse cultural & educational activities that involved students, teachers & parenst create a positive learning atmosphere.

Being an education-driven MOM, I could not have prayed for a better school for my daughter! From the Front Office staff, to the Administration, to the Guidance Counselor, to the Registrar and many others @Discovery Elementary School that assists our children- THANK YOU!!! for functioning as a GREAT example of a well-rounded, well-balanced learning institution that prepares our children to be progressive LEADERS in whatever career they choose! Just on observation...school funding well spent on OUR CHILDREN's ACADEMIC NEEDS! Thank You. JAH Bless

I love the school, The teachers are amazing, the academic programs are very good, the technology is incredible for our children ... No more green boards or white boards... is only Promethean boards ... amazing, Thanks the reception needs some happier and more active people.

Discovery is an excellent school! Coming from the Private School setting, I was very impressed with the Leadership, Teachers, and Support Staff involvement and concern for the student's education and well-being. Didn't think we would get this in the Public School setting. From the Security Staff to the Cafeteria Staff, they all seem to care and support the students and are very responsive and resourceful. Mrs. Forehand is WONDERFUL, never met a school staff member that seems to care so much for the school & its population...! The front office staff can be a little testy at time, but I think it s because they my get a little overwhelmed... And, the Aftercare Program is pretty good, the Leadership, Counselors & Pick up Reception Staff are the BEST; however, the Homework Assistance Staff can provide a little more oversight & help to the aftercare students. I have one child currently attending Discovery, and without hesitation preparing to send my 2nd child. Parent Involvement is a little lacking as seen w/ PTA & SAC involvement. Also, I think we can involve the Community a little more - reach out & be open to new ideals/innovation, strategies to make our school even better!

Last modified Discovery Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.