Posted August 19, 2014
Discovery is a great school with a great Principal in Ms. Fulton. My daughter loves it there. Great communication and parent involvement

Posted June 04, 2014
Discovery Elementary is by far one of the best schools in the Sunrise, Florida area. The leadership of the school is beyond exceptional as careful attention and detail is afforded to every area of student learning-including those grades not currently affected by standardized testing. The atmosphere of the school is extremely professional and teachers/staff are motivated to provide high quality, innovative instruction daily. Overall, kids enjoy attending Discovery Elementary and parents/stakeholders couldn't be prouder!

Posted May 29, 2014
My daughter started at Discovery Elementary when they first opened and now she is in 4th grade. She has excelled in all areas and all her teachers are Awesome. Mrs Fulton is involved and makes herself accessible to all parents. I Love Discovery!!

Posted April 16, 2014
Wonderful school!!!. My son is in second grade with Mrs. Soto and we are so happy, she is a great teacher and manages to have the kids super involved, interested and learning at a great pace. Communication is great, she is always prompt to answer and keeps parents involved in the class activities. Love Discovery Elementary and all the staff that are always proved to very helpful but specially I am very grateful with Mrs. Soto for her great commitment with the students.

Posted October 28, 2013
Discovery Elementary is "A" great school. My child feel safe, nourished and encouraged to develop his potential every day. The school staff is friendly and well educated to support students. Curriculum is well planned and diverse cultural & educational activities that involved students, teachers & parenst create a positive learning atmosphere.

Posted July 27, 2013
Being an education-driven MOM, I could not have prayed for a better school for my daughter! From the Front Office staff, to the Administration, to the Guidance Counselor, to the Registrar and many others @Discovery Elementary School that assists our children- THANK YOU!!! for functioning as a GREAT example of a well-rounded, well-balanced learning institution that prepares our children to be progressive LEADERS in whatever career they choose! Just on observation...school funding well spent on OUR CHILDREN's ACADEMIC NEEDS! Thank You. JAH Bless

Discovery Elementary School 4

Posted October 16, 2012
I love the school, The teachers are amazing, the academic programs are very good, the technology is incredible for our children ... No more green boards or white boards... is only Promethean boards ... amazing, Thanks the reception needs some happier and more active people.

Posted April 17, 2012
Discovery is an excellent school! Coming from the Private School setting, I was very impressed with the Leadership, Teachers, and Support Staff involvement and concern for the student's education and well-being. Didn't think we would get this in the Public School setting. From the Security Staff to the Cafeteria Staff, they all seem to care and support the students and are very responsive and resourceful. Mrs. Forehand is WONDERFUL, never met a school staff member that seems to care so much for the school & its population...! The front office staff can be a little testy at time, but I think it s because they my get a little overwhelmed... And, the Aftercare Program is pretty good, the Leadership, Counselors & Pick up Reception Staff are the BEST; however, the Homework Assistance Staff can provide a little more oversight & help to the aftercare students. I have one child currently attending Discovery, and without hesitation preparing to send my 2nd child. Parent Involvement is a little lacking as seen w/ PTA & SAC involvement. Also, I think we can involve the Community a little more - reach out & be open to new ideals/innovation, strategies to make our school even better!

Discovery Elementary School 3

Posted June 12, 2011
Initially, I was impressed with the principal, Ms. Fulton. She projects a very different image from the actual person. In reality, she is dominating, petty, and full of ego. The staff is excellent however. They are good people doing a good job;but the leadership ....

Posted June 29, 2010
Nice school! My grand children love the school, teachers, and the afterschool program on site. The Ms. Fulton is very supportive and cares a lot about the students success.

Discovery Elementary School
8800 Northwest 54th Court, Sunrise, FL  33351
Last modified Discovery Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Discovery Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 10 reviews. Top