975 students|Broward

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (2 responses)

Handles bullying effectively: Strongly disagree

I called time after time, left messages and even went in person and out of like 5 calls, 1 was returned and they did nothing to remedy my son's bullying. He came home with broken glasses and they didn't even make a call to the parents of the child responsible.

My son is now in 2nd grade and loves his school. The only problem I had was with bullying in the school bus last year, which made my academic child cry not want to go to school because of it. He came home with broken glasses one day and call after call the school did nothing. This year thankfully I'm able to drive him like I did for kindergarten and he is happy and excited about school again. I understand the school staff can't keep eyes 24/7 on them, especially on the bus, but something needs to be done. What if I wasn't able to drive him? He was bullied for almost the whole school year.

Handles bullying effectively: Strongly disagree

Bullying was the biggest issue we had with our sons time spent at Discovery Elementary.

Develops character: Strongly disagree

Our son was treated poorly on physical and physiological levels.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly disagree

Ms. Claire is teaching wrong grade level in my opinion.

My daughter has been attending this school for a short period of time, but she loves it. Me, personally, feel safe bringing her there everyday, her learning experience has improved considerably and the staff is excellent. Everybody in my area tells me how lucky am I to be able to bring my kid to that school. I wish it would continue to be like that throughout the years.

They use innovative techniques I'm rder to maintain discipline at this school. My daughter looks forward to going to school. Her first grade teacher Mrs. Duverge was exceptional and so is her second grade teacher Mrs. Whitfield. Discovery Elementary is truly 'A' great place to be.

Ms. Fulton is an excellent leader!! The school runs smoothly. My daughter has been there for 4 years and loves it! Teachers are great and she is learning so much!

Discovery Elementary is by far one of the best schools in the Sunrise, Florida area. The leadership of the school is beyond exceptional as careful attention and detail is afforded to every area of student learning-including those grades not currently affected by standardized testing. The atmosphere of the school is extremely professional and teachers/staff are motivated to provide high quality, innovative instruction daily. Overall, kids enjoy attending Discovery Elementary and parents/stakeholders couldn't be prouder!

My daughter started at Discovery Elementary when they first opened and now she is in 4th grade. She has excelled in all areas and all her teachers are Awesome. Mrs Fulton is involved and makes herself accessible to all parents. I Love Discovery!!

Last modified Discovery Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.