Sunrise, FL
Before care: Yes

Posted September 22, 2014
In the past three years Welleby has gone from in A school to a C school! I strongly believe it's due to the low morale of our teachers in direct relation to the dictator style of our current principal. As a parent at Welleby for many years it saddens me to see someone so unprofessional representing our school. I can only hope that Broward County makes changes sooner than later. Our parents do you not feel welcome because of our PRINCIPAL!

Posted September 20, 2014
I was overwhelmed when reading these comments. As a former teacher, I am so happy that the community recognized how hard the teachers worked to keep Welleby a happy place to be. However, with morale so low, it's not an easy task. As a parent of children at Welleby, that is very concerning. It was an absolute pleasure working with your kids! They are so much fun and just good little people! I hope a change comes soon. The teachers have forgotten what it feels like to be "happy" and valued for who they are and what they do! You guys are AMAZING! Try and stay strong!

Welleby Elementary School 3

Posted June 29, 2014
It works. Most staff are friendly and teachers care about the students. There are opportunities form parent involvement.

Welleby Elementary School 2

Posted May 13, 2014
Very disappointed in this school. Especially the ESE program, my daughter's special needs are not being addresses, my daughter was "lost" outside during an emergency. The teacher leaves poor comments on her work, and complains about her work progress yet my daughter's report cards do not reflect that at all. I am moving just so my daughter does not have to attend this school next year. HOWEVER the Aftercare program and staff are wonderful and if it were not for them i would have pulled my daughter sooner. Mr Cruz, Ms Baston and Ms Tina (in the afternoon) are amazing, wonderful and very caring. My daughter will attend the summer camp but not the next school year.

Welleby Elementary School 4

Posted April 13, 2014
I love my teacher Mrs.Hunt and she push me to be better in math and reading . My I feel like my school is a success to me and my friends. Ever time I go inside I feel better about myself

Posted January 02, 2014
I went there last year and it was a MESS!!! Most of the teachers want to leave because of the principal! She is so rude and mean to them and the students! She acts so fake and nice in front of the parents! She switched my grade's field trip to Kennedy Space Center when every year it was Epcot! She said It wasn't educational enough!!!! And this year the 5th graders get to go to Sea World!!!! She made us graduate from the cafeteria instead of the Piper auditorium and it was really unprofessional because there were people standing and sitting on the floor! My last year was practically ruined and I'm glad I left!!!! My brother is in 5th grade and he is so excited to leave!!!!

Posted August 24, 2013
I feel bad for the teachers and staff at this school who have to deal with a principal as bad as Mrs. BORUCH!!! You can see it in their faces that she is a horrible authority figure. She treats her faculty like they're in the army and she's their drill sergeant. She yells at the teachers in front of students. How can a child respect their teacher after that. It's sad that the superintendent hasn't stepped in and gotten rid of her already. She is not a good fit for a principal roll.

Welleby Elementary School 5

Posted August 22, 2013
Once again my grandson has gotten another amazing teacher. My grandson loves her and even though we are only into the 4th day of school, he is anxious to come home and tell us about his day and what he learned. I don't know if is the luck of the draw or the teachers at welleby are that good because he has received another gem in my book. I am very pleased with everything this school represents. Ms. Kelly keep up the good work with your excitement about learning, your student will want to learn from you. I have a feeling this year is going to be very successful for you.

Welleby Elementary School 2

Posted August 21, 2013
Well, since Mrs Boruch has taken command, over HALF the teachers have left, more than 20 in the past two years, and also the school has plummeted from an A to a C. Now, I know the standards have changed regarding the FCAT, however, if you look at schools that have similar demographics, none have plummeted like this school has. There is NO reason for this wonderful school to be a C. The children are wonderful, and smart. My son attends, and I love the children, it is the inconsistency of instruction, low teacher moral, and the loss of many tenured teachers from the mass exodus, that has led to this grade.

Welleby Elementary School 5

Posted February 27, 2013
Have never experienced any direct contact with the present administration. My Grandson has attended Welleby since kindergarten. Has has had WONERFUL teachers. His current teacher is Mrs Hughes, she just seems to make learning fun yet knows how to keep a group in constant friendship, encouraging other students to help their fellow students when needed. She creates an environment where they all strive to learn. I could never do her job. Thank you.

Welleby Elementary School
3230 North Nob Hill Road, Sunrise, FL  33351
Last modified Welleby Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Welleby Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 45 reviews. Top