738 students|Broward

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

My two girls attend this school and we couldn't be happier. We live in the Welleby community and we just feel at home. All the children know one another and the teachers and staff are great. This is the hardest working team in the county. They are very positive and are always finding innovative ways to involve families and the community. They have a strong leader as well and she is doing a phenomenal job! Looking forward to another successful school year. God Bless you all and have a safe summer!

My son has been attending Welleby for 3 1/2 years; it's been great. All 4 of his home room teachers have been excellent and genuinely cared about him as a student and kid. They have a new principal now, love her. After care staff are wonderful. My son has special needs and they have a fantastic speech therapist and councilors.

This school is horrible. I graduated and started to think. Why add uniform. All the years I was there there was constant fights. And the kids weren't even so much as suspended. And once uniform was added they decided not to ever teach you to be yourself my brother in 1st grade wasn't taught.

In the past three years Welleby has gone from in A school to a C school! I strongly believe it's due to the low morale of our teachers in direct relation to the dictator style of our current principal. As a parent at Welleby for many years it saddens me to see someone so unprofessional representing our school. I can only hope that Broward County makes changes sooner than later. Our parents do you not feel welcome because of our PRINCIPAL!

I was overwhelmed when reading these comments. As a former teacher, I am so happy that the community recognized how hard the teachers worked to keep Welleby a happy place to be. However, with morale so low, it's not an easy task. As a parent of children at Welleby, that is very concerning. It was an absolute pleasure working with your kids! They are so much fun and just good little people! I hope a change comes soon. The teachers have forgotten what it feels like to be "happy" and valued for who they are and what they do! You guys are AMAZING! Try and stay strong!

It works. Most staff are friendly and teachers care about the students. There are opportunities form parent involvement.

Very disappointed in this school. Especially the ESE program, my daughter's special needs are not being addresses, my daughter was "lost" outside during an emergency. The teacher leaves poor comments on her work, and complains about her work progress yet my daughter's report cards do not reflect that at all. I am moving just so my daughter does not have to attend this school next year. HOWEVER the Aftercare program and staff are wonderful and if it were not for them i would have pulled my daughter sooner. Mr Cruz, Ms Baston and Ms Tina (in the afternoon) are amazing, wonderful and very caring. My daughter will attend the summer camp but not the next school year.

I love my teacher Mrs.Hunt and she push me to be better in math and reading . My I feel like my school is a success to me and my friends. Ever time I go inside I feel better about myself

I am a former student of Welleby. I am currently in 7th grade. When I went to Welleby I absolutely ADORED it! I had really good teachers and Mrs. Roberts ( former principal ) was so sweet and nice. She was wonderful! It was the BEST school. Now that Ms. Boruch is the new principal its horrible. Not only is she rude, but she seems like she doesnt even know how to run a school properly! I was lucky though. My last year at Welleby was the last year that everything was the same as it used to be... as soon as we left to go to 6th grade the whole school changed. It is no longer one big happy Welleby family anymore. most of the good teachers left and now there are some new teachers that nobody knows. Before ( when I went to Welleby ) every single student knew every teacher and all the staff members knew each other... etc. Ms. Boruch is very rude. She was even rude to the teachers, me, and my mother. I've seen her yelling at teachers. No wonder they left. She is unprofessional. And come on a C school? Someone really needs to sort out these problems. Including the problem about you know who. She is not someone to look up to. And in my opinion she is NOT a good authority figure.

I went there last year and it was a MESS!!! Most of the teachers want to leave because of the principal! She is so rude and mean to them and the students! She acts so fake and nice in front of the parents! She switched my grade's field trip to Kennedy Space Center when every year it was Epcot! She said It wasn't educational enough!!!! And this year the 5th graders get to go to Sea World!!!! She made us graduate from the cafeteria instead of the Piper auditorium and it was really unprofessional because there were people standing and sitting on the floor! My last year was practically ruined and I'm glad I left!!!! My brother is in 5th grade and he is so excited to leave!!!!

Last modified Welleby Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.