Sunrise, FL
Before care: Yes

Posted May 24, 2014
Sawgrass is the best. It is a friendly family environment. My kids skip to school. They love it. I love the administrators. They are always available to answer questions and greet the kids in the morning. They greet the kids by their first names- wow! They certainly know their kids. The teachers are awesome. Education is second to none. I can't tell you how happy we (the parents) are with this school. I have a 4th and 2nd grader. I know my oldest son will be sad to leave Sawgrass- since he has been there since K. It is our home away from home. Thank you for making my kids enjoy and love school. You are all simply amazing!

Posted February 12, 2014
Best school in Broward County- hands down to them. My kids have blossomed academically and I feel they are safe and well taken care of. I love the administrators, teachers, and all staff members. I think this is the prettiest school in the entire county. It is clean and has beautiful gardens throughout the school. My kids love the IPads and applications. It is such a pleasant environment. Our experience at the school has been extremely positive and I would highly recommend this school to anyone.

Posted February 08, 2014
The school is horrible I had been there for 3 years and I've been bullied and I never got recess and the were on their phone non stop and never teach also there were bad words everywhere and the principal did nothing than looking cool.

Posted December 02, 2013
TERRIBLE SCHOOL !! My daughter went to sawgrass elementary for 6 years ( kindergarten to 5th grade) And it was the worst. * Even if she didn't buy lunch she still would see her friends eat pizza that was burnt TERRIBLE SCHOOL LUNCH * The bathrooms are a MESS some bathrooms don't even have a lock!! *The school is way too proud of themselves *Fundraisers are a gimmick and they are trying to empty out the child's pockets *Some teachers just go on theyre IPhone while kids do work and don't even learn MOST TERRIBLE ELEMENTARY SCHOOL EVER!!!!!!

Posted July 24, 2013
I would not recommend this school to others in my community. The administration is underhanded and definitely not open to all parental involvement. There are lists of parents allowed in for events. While for the most part the teachers my children have had are competent, there are various areas in which the school is lacking. Recess is not given every day, even though the administration tells you otherwise; but if you ask the kids they tell you that there is little to no recess. There is a huge void in communication with parents, and when things do come home they are often late( the event has passed or with one day notice) misspelled and mention the principal's name repeatedly. Spanish is offered as a special once a week for a half hour which is pointless;children cannot learn a foreign language in that amount of time.The money could be better spent elsewhere such as a second PE teacher or second art teacher or technology for all the students not just those in gifted/high achieving classes. The are very few working computers in the classrooms and no technology lab.There is a lack of follow through in many areas. If you can reassign, afford private or go to a charter,do it.

Posted May 16, 2013
Sawgrass Elementary is a wonderful school because of its wonderful administrators and teachers...I definitely feel like both my sons are known on a first name basis by all involved in their education. As a parent, I always feel welcomed and informed. We feel very blessed as a family to be part of this wonderful school.

Posted September 23, 2009

Posted June 24, 2009
Love the school. My kids love it- enjoy it- and did well on the FCAT.

Posted May 31, 2009
Sawgrass Elem. is great. Wonderful school with great people- administrators, teachers, all workers and students. No complaints- It has been a superb experience for these years. Love it. Love it. Love it. I give it a 10 plus (A+).

Posted May 15, 2009
The school is awesome. The teachers are very good. Good crowd. The specials are awesome. The school is clean and i will give it 10 points. Very fortunate that my kid is in this good school. No regrets.

Sawgrass Elementary School
12655 Northwest 8th Street, Sunrise, FL  33325
Last modified Sawgrass Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Sawgrass Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 53 reviews. Top