991 students|Broward

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)

Develops character: Strongly disagree

My child's teacher is very disrespectful to my child and to me. When I send my child to scholl with form to be completed for his dr appts, he physically gets upset just having to ask her to complete and return them.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly disagree

Once the child hits fifth grade, they are on their own.

Amount of homework: Strongly disagree

The teacher writes the assignments on the board, however does not give them time to write it completely down. She has also written the wrong assignments down and my child has been marked down for it. She will not help a child with the work if they do not understand and tells them to go away from her desk if they ask her for help.

our school is awesome and there are a lot of fun things there to do like every friday we have a day of some sort and i am a 5 grader and so there is a lot of things to do because it is my last year there. Also i am the presedent of the school and i all ready gave ideas and i just have to wait and see if it is going to happen or not. There are sevrel different kinds of fun activities and more different kinds of fun and we even cheer for grades that take big test. Also we have a school store and book fairs and field day and other days. It is my last year in that school and i wanted everyone to know , that is the best elemetry school i could ever go to.

My third grader has been at Sawgrass since kindergarten and my son started kindergarten this year. Both have been happy here. We are satisfied that they are getting a good education. The new principal, Mr. Roberts, is nice. I would recommend Sawgrass to anyone.

Sawgrass is the best. It is a friendly family environment. My kids skip to school. They love it. I love the administrators. They are always available to answer questions and greet the kids in the morning. They greet the kids by their first names- wow! They certainly know their kids. The teachers are awesome. Education is second to none. I can't tell you how happy we (the parents) are with this school. I have a 4th and 2nd grader. I know my oldest son will be sad to leave Sawgrass- since he has been there since K. It is our home away from home. Thank you for making my kids enjoy and love school. You are all simply amazing!

Best school in Broward County- hands down to them. My kids have blossomed academically and I feel they are safe and well taken care of. I love the administrators, teachers, and all staff members. I think this is the prettiest school in the entire county. It is clean and has beautiful gardens throughout the school. My kids love the IPads and applications. It is such a pleasant environment. Our experience at the school has been extremely positive and I would highly recommend this school to anyone.

The school is horrible I had been there for 3 years and I've been bullied and I never got recess and the were on their phone non stop and never teach also there were bad words everywhere and the principal did nothing than looking cool.

TERRIBLE SCHOOL !! My daughter went to sawgrass elementary for 6 years ( kindergarten to 5th grade) And it was the worst. * Even if she didn't buy lunch she still would see her friends eat pizza that was burnt TERRIBLE SCHOOL LUNCH * The bathrooms are a MESS some bathrooms don't even have a lock!! *The school is way too proud of themselves *Fundraisers are a gimmick and they are trying to empty out the child's pockets *Some teachers just go on theyre IPhone while kids do work and don't even learn MOST TERRIBLE ELEMENTARY SCHOOL EVER!!!!!!

I would not recommend this school to others in my community. The administration is underhanded and definitely not open to all parental involvement. There are lists of parents allowed in for events. While for the most part the teachers my children have had are competent, there are various areas in which the school is lacking. Recess is not given every day, even though the administration tells you otherwise; but if you ask the kids they tell you that there is little to no recess. There is a huge void in communication with parents, and when things do come home they are often late( the event has passed or with one day notice) misspelled and mention the principal's name repeatedly. Spanish is offered as a special once a week for a half hour which is pointless;children cannot learn a foreign language in that amount of time.The money could be better spent elsewhere such as a second PE teacher or second art teacher or technology for all the students not just those in gifted/high achieving classes. The are very few working computers in the classrooms and no technology lab.There is a lack of follow through in many areas. If you can reassign, afford private or go to a charter,do it.

Last modified Sawgrass Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.