Sunrise, FL

Posted May 27, 2015
2014-2015 Bair and its entire staff are class acts all the way and really are into education for the best reason in the world the students'. Thank you all!!! I know you never, ever hear it enough, so from my family to all of you, Bair is the BEST MIDDLE SCHOOL with a STAFF THAT HAS THE BIGGEST HEARTS and a School with the most Variety of INNOVATIVE PROGRAMS PERTINENT TO TODAY'S SOCIETY that have TOP NOTCH FACILITATORS PAVING THE PATH FOR OUR FUTURE!!!!

Posted February 12, 2015
My child is in his 2nd year at Bair Middle, and Iam pleased with the school and the improvement the school has made over the years. I'am excited for my child to graduate from Bair Middle next year. The school has improved so much. I heard so many different reviews from parents and it was a difficult decision, until I spoke to an old neighbor and her children attended, she is also a sub teacher and she reassured me that "nothing is wrong with Bair"! I'm so happy that I didn't let the others discourage me. My child is in the JADA program which is preparing him for HS credits. He is doing very very well. The teachers and staff sincerely care about the students. I've had phone calls from staff and teachers about great great things to say about my child and when he is slipping I receive those phone calls too, because they care at Bair. Bair has had so many improvements over the years, that I'am very pleased that I made the decision for my child to attend.

Posted February 11, 2015
I am very glad that I made the decision to have my child attend Bair MIddle School this year as a 6th grader. I was hesitant about sending my child to school at Bair. I heard all the storeies and knew they had some years with a bad grade, but that is truly all in the past and this school deserves a chance and it deserves recognition. Under the guidance of their principal, Mr. McDermott and assistant principals, Ms. Genhold, Ms. Birke and Mr. Jones and teaching staff the school is now a B and I am confident that it is on the way to an A. The STEM and LEEO programs are a great offer that other local middle schools don't have. They also have the JADA program for the high achieving student. Making a decision about middle school is hard. Period. And all middle schools have issues from time to time...and I mean ALL. Just know that I feel confident in sending my child there and my child feels safe and happy going to Bair. I hope this review helps. Good luck and I hope to welcome you to the Bair Middle School Family.

Posted February 10, 2015
Bair Middle School is the whole package for my child. The Principal, Mr. McDermott, the Assistant Principals, Ms. Birke, Ms. Genhold, and Mr. Jones have high expectations of the students and will accept nothing better then the students giving the best they have to give. The Administrators are always visible on campus and each have an open door policy, for whenever you as a parent, student, or community member need to talk. They have created a well-structured, safe learning environment and paired it with their caring, supportive, dedicated characteristics. This made me as a parent never question sending my child to any other middle school.

Posted February 06, 2014
This is school has its problems just like any other school. But if your child is attending this school ARE YOU AS A PARENT INVOLVED? I am part of the PTSA and the parents don't get involved in the kids education. You want something different for your child at Bair Middle get involve. Don't sit on the sideline and throw punches. I love the teachers and the principal. Some kids are trouble but you have to ask yourself who is guiding them at home. It all starts at home. That is the foundation that teachers have to work with.

Bair Middle School 1

Posted January 15, 2014
This is a D school. Why would anyone in their right mind choose a school that can't seem to get their act together. This school cares more about how many they enroll. They are sweet talking new parents into the new and improved JADA program the orange line and the current Blue line...all these lines will keep you safe only during class time. They need to get rid of the students that cause problems. A slap in the hand for HARASSING other students; Its a shame that while our neighborhood are nice the school they have to offer is GARBAGE! CITY OF SUNRISE NEEDS TO GET INVOLVED. CHARTER THIS SCHOOL, GET PARENTS INVOLVED AND STUDENTS ACCOUNTABLE!

Bair Middle School 1

Posted December 06, 2013
This school is horrid there are bullies everywhere if you dont have the longest hair or the best body your picked on and singled out some teachers care and try to stop it others just dont do anything some teachers pick on the students to I do bot recommend this school to anyone also they dont know how to teach discipline as in suspension detention and iss or oss is more important wich is not good at all this school needs hepp in everything including dances witch dont have great anything including food they dont even dance only twerking while guys try to get behind them this school isnt good and the lot of us that want to learn are picked on becuase were not at the top of the social status

Posted February 12, 2013
I love this school, The principal is very involved with everything that has to do with the school. She is so kind and you can tell she really cares for all her students.The teacher's keep you informed with your child. If you need to speak with them for any reason ,they make to Time for you. I love Mrs fuller, she is one of the administrator in the front office and one of the kindest people I've ever might .she will help you when ever you need help. This is a really great school and I'm proud to say that. They care for the students and they try to keep the parents involved with there development . I highly recommend this school..I had two children that went to this school , one attending right now and one that will be going there next year. If you care about your child's education take the time and check out this school. Talk to the principle, teachers and staff stay involved and I'm sure you'll be very happy.

Bair Middle School 2

Posted November 17, 2012
The school feels like a prison, the students are unenthusiastic about learning. It seems although they just don't care and many of them do not even have proper grammar and spelling skills. This school is more like a daycare in which students will rather socialize than work which still is good but it's a school so learning should be going on as well and the schools FCAT grade used to be subpar now it's okay but the teachers emphasize passing the FCAT and only teach students to pass the FCAT and there are very few students who will actually learn instead of distract the rest of the class. I DO NOT RECOMMEND ENROLLING YOUR CHILD IN THIS SCHOOL!

Posted October 24, 2011
My daughter attended this school for 3 years and my son is now in his 3rd year at this school. I am very pleased with the school. My children never had a single problem at this school yet others who chose to re-assign away from their home school did. It is time for all parents to support their assigned local school. I like the fact that it is a small school and the students have equal opportunity to participate in sports, clubs and other activities unlike the over-crowded schools in other cities where 400 kids try out for a soccer team. No thanks! Bair has an excellent front office and they are offering the virtual school accelerated program now for its gifted students. This school is way ahead of others on innovative ideas.

Bair Middle School
9100 Northwest 21st Manor, Sunrise, FL  33322
Last modified Bair Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Bair Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 41 reviews. Top