Nob Hill Elementary School

Public | PK-5 | 620 students

Posted May 1, 2013

I have sent both of my children to Nob Hill Elementary and they have had a wonderful educational experience. It is not a perfect school, but the teachers care about the kids and everyone is friendly. I wish other parents would get more involved with the school and school events.

Posted August 21, 2009

School administration is rude and disrespectful. The teachers so far have been very good. The principal needs to become more parent-friendly. I understand the desire to do the best for the student body as a whole, but it seems there is more focus on 'my school' than making the parents and students comfortable. There is the usual politics involved and it just depends on which side you get on what your experience is. As a parent, I do not feel welcome. And I know a large percentage of others who feel the same.

Posted August 20, 2009

I think there a little unorginized and rude sometimes. However my son went their last year and I saw first hand the way my son love to wake up and go to school. His teacher was so caring and patient.

Posted July 6, 2009

My child goes to Nob Hill Elementary and we LOVE the school. The principal, teachers and staff are very dedicated to the students and find creative and inspiring ways to teach even with the state wide pressures of FCAT that all public schools are facing. Nob Hill is an A school for the 10th year in a row! The grade says it all! Nob Hill is a great place to be! Go nuggets!

Posted June 24, 2009

As a past student of Nob Hill myself, I sent both of my children to the school with high expectations. The 2008-2009 school year left me disgusted with the principal and teacher to where my son was so upset he did not want to attend school.The school is so focused on FCAT teaching, they forget how to teach the regular curriculum. My child is very bright and eager/quick to learn but this last year was so stressed out with the teachers constant push on the FCAT that he would wake up sick not wanting to attend school,then be punished in the principals office with the FCAT book to study from all day.My childs grades suffered & I decidely moved him to private catholic school, where he has been student of the month and maintains all 90's and higher with daily praise from the teachers and staff.Shame on you Nob Hill!

Posted March 3, 2009

The teachers and staff are wonderful! The educational program is outstanding. All of the office staff is very friendly and always willing to assist when they are needed. The PTA does an outstanding job which just helps make the school so much more exciting and fun as well as educational. The teachers and staff all set a great example for my children. Our family loves Nob Hill. Way to go and grow on the HILL!

Posted August 22, 2008

My two boys attend Nob Hill and are doing great. I try to volunteer when I can and I find that the teachers and staff are caring and friendly. My boys have had many wonderful experiences at this school.

Posted January 3, 2008

I have been a part of the Nob Hill for the last eleven years having a few children to pass through and I have fount it to be an excellent school in every way. Always on the cutting edge of teaching our children the things the need to learn for the next grade and the future. Excellent Job Principal and teachers.

Posted May 22, 2007

My daughter transferred to Nob Hill after completing kindergarten at a local Catholic School. She was extremely bored that first year and got into trouble for 'too much talking and fidgeting'. They sent her for testing, which we had to pay for, to find that there was absolutely nothing wrong with her, she was just bored. We met with Ms. Gomez (Asst. Principal) in July 2006, she assured us that Nob Hill would meet our expectations this year, and they SURE DID! My daughter is doing extremely well and is now finishing up 1st grade with flying colors. A teacher can make a big 360 degree difference to a child! This is what Nob Hill does! Thank you all. Mr. & Mrs. Coles

Posted January 9, 2007

Nob Hill is an outstanding school. My children have excelled due to the high expectations set by the teachers and administration. We couldn't be any happier with the education our son and daughter are getting at Nob Hill!

Posted May 23, 2006

I am dissatisfied with the school's willingness to help. I've requested for my daughter to be tested 2 years ago and she has yet to be tested. They don't have a program for students with reading problems. Though the is ranked among the top schools in Broward, they have failed my expectations to teach my daughter.

Posted May 17, 2006

Great school. Teachers are very caring. Been an a school for the past few years.

Posted January 25, 2006

This school has served my daughter & son fairly well. Everytime I had a problem with a teacher, the Principal, Dr. Patterson, was always available for a conference. She works well to find a solution for all involved, teacher, student and parents. Unfortunately, my son is very bright, but not according to the testing standards at the public school level. Therefore, he is bored and getting into trouble lately. The principal has transferred him into another class, and he seemed to be doing well, until the last month. The school is very good for average children, but the advanced 2nd grade teacher is on maternity leave this year. Therefore, the school and the children are suffering.

Posted December 6, 2005

Excellent school. Friendly environment.

Posted August 12, 2005

My son has attended Nob Hill Elementary for the past 5years. I don't believe that he could have attended a better school. At this school the principal,teachers, and staff could not be more attentive or dedicated to the welfare of the children. This school has worked hard to maintain their 'A' status and I believe it is duly deserved.

Posted June 21, 2005

Nob Hill Elementary is one of the best elementary schools to send your child to.You have a school with a terrific group of teachers who care about their students and are willing to go that extra mile. The quality of their academic programs are super! Extracurricular activities are available. The level of parent involvement is terrific and they have one of the best PTA's around.

Posted June 20, 2005

Nob Hill has a nice group of teachers, but I don't think they strive to do their best. It takes to long to have ESE students evaluated and the ESE services are lacking.

Posted May 23, 2005

I don't feel that there is a wide availability of music, art, sports and other activities, so I am disappointed in that aspect. My 2nd grade daughter is in a designated gifted program that I have had to basically beat the school up to get her in. It's quite distressing at times, but since this is where my husband and I live, we can't change her school. Otherwise, we would.

Posted August 14, 2004

I have had children in school for the past 15 years and found that now my most youngest who attends Nob Hill Elementary has by far the best school for learning at all levels. It is like a unity there and you don't find that anywhere. From the Office to the teachers and all parents who help out its a Great School for learning and growth.

Posted February 23, 2004

Wonderful and Caring teachers. The best school!

Math

The state average for Math was 58% in 2014.

87 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 57% in 2014.

87 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Math

The state average for Math was 63% in 2014.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 61% in 2014.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 53% in 2014.

89 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Math

The state average for Math was 56% in 2014.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 61% in 2014.

Science

The state average for Science was 54% in 2014.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 81% in 2012.

114 students were tested at this school in 2012.

2010

Scale: % scoring at or above level 3

Source: Florida Department of Education

• In 2011-2012, this school received a grade of "A".
  • In 2010-2011, this school received a grade of "A".
  • In 2009-2010, this school received a grade of "A".
  • In 2008-2009, this school received a grade of "A".

Ethnicity This school

• MS. JEANNIE FLOYD
Fax number
  • (754) 322-7240

Extra learning resources offered
  • Title I Schoolwide program (SWP)

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

2100 Northwest 104th Avenue