623 students|Broward

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very ineffective (1 response)

Nob Hill Elementary School 2

Posted March 20, 2016
The directors can be very unprofessional and rude! Most of the teachers are great, except in the VPK classes. One of the directors teaches a VPK class and is seldom in the classroom. Another of the VPK teachers is extremely rude and abrasive with the students and parents and none has addressed her inappropriate behavior. My son was recently served cold food. After my experience with this school, I would NEVER want any parent to endure what my child has go through at this school. Believe me... They come off very nice and that's too gain your business. If you're an involved parent please... TAKE YOUR CHILD ELSEWHERE! There are so many preschools that actually care for and teach children without the politics. TAKE MY WORD FOR IT!!!

Posted September 09, 2015
One of the main reasons why I chose Nob Hill Academy to take my daughter to, is the good references I got from mothers who had brought their children to this center. And they were not wrong, my oldest daughter attends VPK this year and so far, we both have felt good, the attention of all the staff are always friendly, the teachers are attentive to students and willing to address any concerns. Clearly there is a real interest in the academic progress of children. Without hesitation, when my second daughter take VPK will attend to Nob Hill Academy.

Posted August 12, 2015
Moving from up north to S. Florida I was a bit skeptical about the schooling system. However, I must say Nob Hill has been a great experience.

Nob Hill Elementary School 3

Posted May 19, 2015
My child started this school in the 3rd grade. At first I thought this school was great but as time went on I notice there's lack of communication. If you want to know what is going on you have to forced to go to PTA meeting, unfortunately I am a working mom that cannot make it to these PTA meetings. The front office people have their days sometimes they can be nice and sometimes VERY rude. When they get to know you is when they are nice. I am disappointed this year with the lack of communication between the teacher and other staff members this school year.

Nob Hill Elementary School 1

Posted March 30, 2015
Stear clear, the school is getting worse every year. The lack of communication from administration is horrible. My son's teacher left half-way through the school year and the school didn't tell parents about it till the new teacher started. The administration had notice she was resigning for personal/medical reasons but chose not to tell the parents this was going to happen at all - we were just blindsided by the change - unacceptable. It is one thing to provide your student and the teachers with the supplies they need for the school year, i think as parents we have all accepted that they no longer provide our kids with pencils, crayons, paper etc... but then the school starts requesting cleaning supplies for the janitors?! What! The amount of money I am spending sending my child to public school I might as well just send him to private school. There are amazing teachers at this school but I feel that the moral is low and many of the good ones are looking elsewhere. The #1 problem I feel starts from the top ( the principal) seems when she took over everything just went South.

Posted November 15, 2014
My daughter began NHA's part time VPK program this year. She has gone from knowing very little to reading more then 30 words. It is, truly amazing, how much she is learning at this place. My oldest daughter went to a different VPK school and never learned half of what my little one has learned in the last 3 1/2 months.

Posted May 01, 2013
I have sent both of my children to Nob Hill Elementary and they have had a wonderful educational experience. It is not a perfect school, but the teachers care about the kids and everyone is friendly. I wish other parents would get more involved with the school and school events.

Nob Hill Elementary School 3

Posted August 21, 2009
School administration is rude and disrespectful. The teachers so far have been very good. The principal needs to become more parent-friendly. I understand the desire to do the best for the student body as a whole, but it seems there is more focus on 'my school' than making the parents and students comfortable. There is the usual politics involved and it just depends on which side you get on what your experience is. As a parent, I do not feel welcome. And I know a large percentage of others who feel the same.

Nob Hill Elementary School 4

Posted August 20, 2009
I think there a little unorginized and rude sometimes. However my son went their last year and I saw first hand the way my son love to wake up and go to school. His teacher was so caring and patient.

Posted July 06, 2009
My child goes to Nob Hill Elementary and we LOVE the school. The principal, teachers and staff are very dedicated to the students and find creative and inspiring ways to teach even with the state wide pressures of FCAT that all public schools are facing. Nob Hill is an A school for the 10th year in a row! The grade says it all! Nob Hill is a great place to be! Go nuggets!

Nob Hill Elementary School
2100 Northwest 104th Avenue, Sunrise, FL  33322
Last modified Nob Hill Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.