718 students|Broward

Bad
Good

My child has had excellent teachers so far. Office staff is not friendly at all, seems as though they are being bothered or don't want to be there. Had a few issues in the past with aftercare, they were lacking ownership, of course! School seems to be going in the wrong direction. I truly wish that the school would take responsibility for there bad judgment and there lack of ownership. Hope it gets better for the childrens sake.

I have had 4 children go through Banyan and my 5th has 1 more year, If I could leave my children in this school till 12th Grade I would. The Staff and Teachers are GREAT and Mr. Voelkel is the most caring and dedicated principal I have ever met. Banyan is truly a friendly and loving school! I am proud to be part of the Banyan Family for the last 17 years!

I agree with other parents who say children with learning disabilities or disabilities in general don't have a lot of support or alternatives at this school. They are left to struggle. If you have a child without any issues, this is a great school. I have two children in Banyan- one with a learning disability and the other fine. School is not a positive experience for my child with the issue but very positive for the other.

My daughter is in Kindergarten at Banyan. From the second that you walk through the front doors it's like family. Mr.Voelkel knows every student by name and he is such a wonderful and loving principal. He really cares! My daughter absolutely loves her teacher Mrs. Hill and I can't say enough good things about this school. Next year my daughter will be rezoned for the new 'A' school. I don't want to leave this school, it is going to be a very sad sad day.

They need better services for children with learning disabilities. The school is dismally unprepared to teach these children. The standards are generally very low. Very disappointed that this is what is acceptable for our children.

My son is a 1st grader at Banyan Elementary and we both love the school and the teachers and staff they are all wonderful. Banyan was highly recommended last year when I was putting him in school so I reassigned him to Banyan and I have no regrets about my decision.

I've had two children progress to Middle School from Banyan. I currently have a third grader. This school consistently reaches out to parents and the administration actually knows every little face at the school. As a parent, I feel that my child is safe and the current School Resource Officer is excellent with the children. Parental involvement could definitely be improved, but there are numerous activities and for families (Reading Night, Math Night, monthly McDonalds nights, school dances). Overall a great place for your child.

My son (Cody) currently attends Banyan, in 3rd grade & has since his kindergarten year. From his 1st year, he has had spectacular, wonderful, amazing, teachers & staff. Add your own adjective to a person/teacher that you would give someone and you have the staff at Banyan Elementary. From Mr. McGraw; head janitor, Coach Sapp; P.E., (ALL the Teachers & other staff/school members including classmates I didn t mention), Miss Nancy; Office Admin, Miss Linda; Nurse, Officer Mike; D.A.R.E., Mrs. Allee; Asst. Principal & to the Man in charge Mr. Voelkel; Principal I could not ask for a better group of people if I had hand picked them myself. Banyan allows and wants the parents to be involved 100%. Academically Banyan is on top & goes above & beyond their well deserved A . In short we love Bantan and you will too! P.S. My son is a reassignment I wanted him at Banyan.

Last modified Banyan Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.