Banyan Elementary School 3

Posted February 11, 2013
My child has had excellent teachers so far. Office staff is not friendly at all, seems as though they are being bothered or don't want to be there. Had a few issues in the past with aftercare, they were lacking ownership, of course! School seems to be going in the wrong direction. I truly wish that the school would take responsibility for there bad judgment and there lack of ownership. Hope it gets better for the childrens sake.

Posted July 16, 2009

Posted May 28, 2009

Posted May 27, 2009
I have had 4 children go through Banyan and my 5th has 1 more year, If I could leave my children in this school till 12th Grade I would. The Staff and Teachers are GREAT and Mr. Voelkel is the most caring and dedicated principal I have ever met. Banyan is truly a friendly and loving school! I am proud to be part of the Banyan Family for the last 17 years!

Banyan Elementary School 3

Posted March 05, 2009
I agree with other parents who say children with learning disabilities or disabilities in general don't have a lot of support or alternatives at this school. They are left to struggle. If you have a child without any issues, this is a great school. I have two children in Banyan- one with a learning disability and the other fine. School is not a positive experience for my child with the issue but very positive for the other.

Posted March 04, 2009
My daughter is in Kindergarten at Banyan. From the second that you walk through the front doors it's like family. Mr.Voelkel knows every student by name and he is such a wonderful and loving principal. He really cares! My daughter absolutely loves her teacher Mrs. Hill and I can't say enough good things about this school. Next year my daughter will be rezoned for the new 'A' school. I don't want to leave this school, it is going to be a very sad sad day.

Banyan Elementary School 2

Posted September 26, 2007
They need better services for children with learning disabilities. The school is dismally unprepared to teach these children. The standards are generally very low. Very disappointed that this is what is acceptable for our children.

Posted August 19, 2007

Posted February 21, 2007
My son is a 1st grader at Banyan Elementary and we both love the school and the teachers and staff they are all wonderful. Banyan was highly recommended last year when I was putting him in school so I reassigned him to Banyan and I have no regrets about my decision.

Posted February 15, 2007
I've had two children progress to Middle School from Banyan. I currently have a third grader. This school consistently reaches out to parents and the administration actually knows every little face at the school. As a parent, I feel that my child is safe and the current School Resource Officer is excellent with the children. Parental involvement could definitely be improved, but there are numerous activities and for families (Reading Night, Math Night, monthly McDonalds nights, school dances). Overall a great place for your child.

Banyan Elementary School
8800 Northwest 50th Street, Sunrise, FL  33351
Last modified Banyan Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Banyan Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 19 reviews.