Posted May 21, 2014
This school has had some recent struggles but as a parent over the years I have gotten to know some of the teachers and I must say there is some great staff. I really love Mrs.G the 1st grade teacher and Mrs. Godoy is awesome and has such a wonderfully run aftercare program. I think there has been lack of follow through in the administration at this school. I'm hoping for lots of positive as this school transitions in to a new principal next year. Oh and that "mean" PE teacher, she is retiring too.

Posted January 22, 2014
My son is in first grade and has finally recuperated from a horrible kindergarten experience his teacher then was mean and screamed at the children. She threw my son's work in the garbage and admitted to screaming at him. She also told me face to face that he turned in garbage work. This was in kindergarten mind you. The vice principal was uncaring. The principle never to be found. I switched him to another class and while it was better he no longer enjoyed going to school. He has also said many times that the p.e. teacher is very MEAN and is always screaming at the kids and gets angry for no reason. My husband doesn't like the idea of having him switch schools but if I could do it all over again I would not have him attending this school.

Posted August 24, 2013
Can you give a ZERO?! This school was the worst. I agree with the parents that mentioned how rude and uncaring the office staff and Vice Principal are and how unavailable the Principal is. My son came home with stomach aches and tears almost daily because his teacher made him so nervous. Needless to say we are no longer there and are now in a wonderful charter school where my son is excelling. He hasn't had stomach issues since leaving this horrible school.

Posted February 25, 2013
NEVER ASK A QUESTION ABOUT YOUR CHILD'S PROGRESS. If you do then you are a troublesome parent who is to be avoided, no matter how friendly your inquiry. Teachers are obviously unhappy and the attitude of resistance and disdain from the teachers toward parents is unmatched by any other school. Cafeteria workers are rude and will IGNORE your child's requests for help. The PE teacher is abrasive to say the least and scared my child and caused her much anxiety. The ONLY place you'll find your child coming first is in their Aftercare program with Mrs. Godoy. Please choose another school for the best interest of your child.

Sandpiper Elementary School 2

Posted January 10, 2013
I am a parent of a first grader and I am quite disappointed in what I have experienced in this school. The office staff is uncaring (with the exception of the aftercare manager - Mrs Godoy is wonderful), and they will ignore you even when you stand at the front desk for 5 minutes waiting to be acknowledged. The teacher my child has is okay, at best. I've helped in my child's class and these teachers need lots of help from volunteers. The teacher is caring, however many kids seem to get left behind. Some of them don't know the difference between plus, minus, and equal. The PE teacher is scary. My child tells me she is constantly yelling at kids and saying inappropriately mean things to them. She yelled at my kid in the first class, saying, "You, red, get back in line!" because he was in a red sweater and trying to tie his laces. She also wouldn't let him take off his sweater during PE and it had gotten hot by that time. My complaints regarding this went unnoticed. Please talk to other parents before you consider this school

Posted April 16, 2012
My daughter was transferred to Sandpiper about 2 months ago. The office staff was quite helpful and the process was quite smooth. At first, I was reluctant to have my daughter there. The school needs a face lift and compare to where she was coming from I felt like she was stepping down. However so far she is comfortable and happy with her teacher and the friends she has made. It is too soon to say anything else.

Sandpiper Elementary School 5

Posted April 13, 2012
Sandpiper is the best school. The 5th grade teachers are the best! My daughters teacher informs me of everything going on. She pushes my daughter to succeed!

Sandpiper Elementary School 5

Posted November 02, 2010
Wonderful school. I love the technology that the teachers use. Teachers are caring and loving!

Sandpiper Elementary School 0

Posted October 25, 2010
Teachers are caring and they put the students first.

Posted August 16, 2010
Well Sandpiper is offically a B school. Wonder why? Average for the area, would not expect any better.

Sandpiper Elementary School
3700 North Hiatus Road, Sunrise, FL  33351
Last modified Sandpiper Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Sandpiper Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 42 reviews. Top