No rating

Gingerbread Christian Academy

Private | PK-5 & ungraded

Living in Tallahassee

Situated in a suburban neighborhood. The median home value is $103,600. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $870.

Posted July 13, 2013

Since the new owners took over you can see immediate improvement. First they took the time to meet each and every student and parent that walked through the door. Next they began renovating a school that was overtaken by dimly lit hallways and lack of decor to remind you that you were in fact in a school. The teachers seem to be more enthusiastic about what they love to do and there is some much needed structure in the classrooms. This school offers a worry free environment where your kids will learn, in large group, small group and one on one sessions. If you have any concerns you can feel comfort in speaking with the new owners knowing that the issue will be addressed. I do wish that lunch could be provided because it can be costly for three kids, however christian foundation infused with academics will supplement. I would recommend this school to any mom looking for a school that there kid would love to return to each day, a school where the teachers will work with you and your children. Every school has the ability to grow, there is no perfect school. But i can say with confidence that this school is going above and beyond to meet it's parents expectations.

Posted May 17, 2013

This school is fantastic, my children are very happy. The staff and teachers are awesome, they care for each and every child. I feel as though we are family, the new owners are very nice and it is evident that this school is a life mission and not a just a job. Anytime that I have had a concern i feel welcome to express my feelings, not only that, but the listen and act. The facility is adorable and improvements are constantly being made. i am very blessed to have found this school/ daycare, now my children can receive the same message at school as they do at home; love others and yourself, be respectful and have morals that guide you in the everyday choices that you make.

Posted May 14, 2013

The school is under new management and they have turned the school around! Rooms are clean, new toys, fresh paint on the walls and a joy to walk into! Check out the NEW Gingerbread Christian Academy!!
—Submitted by a teacher

Posted January 8, 2013

I would not recommend this daycare. My daughter went there and I saw certain teachers raising their voices at the children and when you bring this up to the owners, they do nothing. The classrooms are dirty. The owners and teachers do not care about the well being of the children.

Posted March 29, 2012

I am VERY...VERY happy with Gingerbread Day School..My Grandson who is 4 yrs old has only been there 1 1/2 mths an he can already spell and write his 1st name.He has learned soo much more in the 1 1/2 mts at this school than he did at Miracle Yrs.He cld not write his name at Miracle Yrs. Plus he LOVES Mrs.Frenchie and all the other teachers there.They take very special care of these children. Thank you...Gingerbread Day School!

Posted July 25, 2008

My daughter is in the infant room. I would honestly say that if you want a day care to teach your child then this is not the one. I love the teachers. They all know my daughter even teachers in the preschool rooms. I don't like paying a 'tuition' for an infant who isn't learning anything, but I love the good quality care that she recieves at gingerbread. It's like sending her to grandma's. They play with her, feed her, spoil her, and send her back home to mommy and daddy.

Posted March 16, 2008

I placed my child at this school after being at home from birth & he grew to like his teacher but she went out for vacation & one morning the substitute assumed the I was gone and plopped him down in a chair &never tried to comfort him at all. The kids faces are not kept clean. I have observed the teachers not paying attention to kids while on the playground,one day a child fell and the teacher had her back turned away from the children talking & was not even aware until the other teachers told her that I eas watching her. They take the children out side in extremely cold weather. The older kids are always sitting in the office and never in class. I feel that they are only concerned about childcare fees.

Posted March 14, 2008

I would never put my child there due to untruths and children not being attended and when you tell about your concerns they take out on your child. My son was very upset after I picked him up from there and he would never be the same.

Posted January 3, 2008

I am an educator who placed my 2 year old in this school. I have to say that I was very dissappointed with the lack of education given to my daughter and this uncleanliness of the school. I would never recommend this school to anyone. If you child is placed here, please take the time to shop around for another school that can offer your child to education that he/she deserves.
—Submitted by a teacher

Posted July 19, 2007

My grandson is a student at this school going on second year. To date, very pleased with the school.

Posted March 8, 2007

I have 2 children in Gingerbread. The staff is great, if you have any concerns they are always willing to talk with you about it. The teachers work hard on academics. I have been nothing less than impressed with them.

Posted March 17, 2005

I have had a wonderful experience with the infant room. They take very good care of my daughter. They listen and are genuinely concerned about her well-being.

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 0% 3%

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer lab

• Coed
Affiliation
  • Christian

Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious

• Computer lab
  • Library

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

3324 North Monroe Street