PK-5 & Ungraded
Tallahassee, FL

Posted October 10, 2014
My daughter has went to this school since infancy. The new owners Jilma and Glenn Rudd have made it a great school! I was planning on changing schools but when they became the owners I decided to wait a few months... its been over a year and they keep improving the school and the environment!!!

Gingerbread Christian Academy 4

Posted July 13, 2013
Since the new owners took over you can see immediate improvement. First they took the time to meet each and every student and parent that walked through the door. Next they began renovating a school that was overtaken by dimly lit hallways and lack of decor to remind you that you were in fact in a school. The teachers seem to be more enthusiastic about what they love to do and there is some much needed structure in the classrooms. This school offers a worry free environment where your kids will learn, in large group, small group and one on one sessions. If you have any concerns you can feel comfort in speaking with the new owners knowing that the issue will be addressed. I do wish that lunch could be provided because it can be costly for three kids, however christian foundation infused with academics will supplement. I would recommend this school to any mom looking for a school that there kid would love to return to each day, a school where the teachers will work with you and your children. Every school has the ability to grow, there is no perfect school. But i can say with confidence that this school is going above and beyond to meet it's parents expectations.

Posted May 17, 2013
This school is fantastic, my children are very happy. The staff and teachers are awesome, they care for each and every child. I feel as though we are family, the new owners are very nice and it is evident that this school is a life mission and not a just a job. Anytime that I have had a concern i feel welcome to express my feelings, not only that, but the listen and act. The facility is adorable and improvements are constantly being made. i am very blessed to have found this school/ daycare, now my children can receive the same message at school as they do at home; love others and yourself, be respectful and have morals that guide you in the everyday choices that you make.

Posted May 14, 2013
The school is under new management and they have turned the school around! Rooms are clean, new toys, fresh paint on the walls and a joy to walk into! Check out the NEW Gingerbread Christian Academy!!

Gingerbread Christian Academy 1

Posted January 08, 2013
I would not recommend this daycare. My daughter went there and I saw certain teachers raising their voices at the children and when you bring this up to the owners, they do nothing. The classrooms are dirty. The owners and teachers do not care about the well being of the children.

Posted March 29, 2012
I am VERY...VERY happy with Gingerbread Day School..My Grandson who is 4 yrs old has only been there 1 1/2 mths an he can already spell and write his 1st name.He has learned soo much more in the 1 1/2 mts at this school than he did at Miracle Yrs.He cld not write his name at Miracle Yrs. Plus he LOVES Mrs.Frenchie and all the other teachers there.They take very special care of these children. Thank you...Gingerbread Day School!

Gingerbread Christian Academy 1

Posted February 24, 2010

Posted July 27, 2009

Gingerbread Christian Academy 3

Posted July 25, 2008
My daughter is in the infant room. I would honestly say that if you want a day care to teach your child then this is not the one. I love the teachers. They all know my daughter even teachers in the preschool rooms. I don't like paying a 'tuition' for an infant who isn't learning anything, but I love the good quality care that she recieves at gingerbread. It's like sending her to grandma's. They play with her, feed her, spoil her, and send her back home to mommy and daddy.

Gingerbread Christian Academy 0

Posted March 16, 2008
I placed my child at this school after being at home from birth & he grew to like his teacher but she went out for vacation & one morning the substitute assumed the I was gone and plopped him down in a chair &never tried to comfort him at all. The kids faces are not kept clean. I have observed the teachers not paying attention to kids while on the playground,one day a child fell and the teacher had her back turned away from the children talking & was not even aware until the other teachers told her that I eas watching her. They take the children out side in extremely cold weather. The older kids are always sitting in the office and never in class. I feel that they are only concerned about childcare fees.

Gingerbread Christian Academy