Tallahassee, FL
Before care: Yes

Posted June 30, 2014
My daughter will be attending this school and I heard it was wonderful, but after reading the reviews I can only wonder if the negative are negative for the right reasons. I see someone speaking about the out of zone children which my child is as if this were 1965 or something but I am sure that the school board has realized that bringing out of zone children means bringing diversity and studies have shown that children being in diverse environments improve their learning skills on all parts and to all children. I have studied child care for years. I am excited to have my child go there, I just hope she does not encounter those parents with small minds. This will be a great learning experience for her although she is already on the top of her game being above average in all her skills since before she stepped foot in anyone's school. She will be an asset to the school. My rating on this school is strictly on the good things I have heard and not on the negative people with small minds.

Posted August 26, 2013
Warm, caring teachers, friendly surrounding neighborhoods (so classmates are often involved in the same extracurricular activities, too), super-involved parents. Kate Sullivan Elementary has made a strong effort to keep arts education, recess, regular PE, and other enrichment programs that add real educational depth (even a vegetable garden by the K-1 building) to the school in the face of ever-increasing pressure to teach to the standardized tests, and it works. My son is in 2nd grade and has been here from the beginning, and he loves his school!

Posted September 27, 2012
I too had a little anxiety about sending my Kindergartener to public school. I can honestly say that the teachers genuinely care about the students. I really like that my son's teacher loves reading. She has made it fun for her students, which has made learning to read enjoyable. My son is reading as though he's been doing so for years. He loves school and that makes me extremely happy.

Posted February 15, 2012
Kate Sullivan Elementary School is award-winning and it shows! The teachers and staff are very professional and experienced. The school has been going strong since 1948.

Posted November 08, 2009
Kate Sullivan Elementary continues to be a strong school with a superb reputation. The teachers, staff and administration care deeply about each and every student. Parent involvement has increased dramatically during the last two years. There is a strong PTA with an active PTA board. Kate Sullivan continues to draw kids from private schools. There is a strong focus on student achievement and providing quality instruction for all students.

Posted October 03, 2009
Kate Sullivan's teachers are passionate about inspiring children to learn. And the school has a strong sense of community among parents and volunteers.

Posted September 15, 2009
My daughter is now in 7th grade but she was at KSE from Kindergarten thru 5th Grade. We just loved the family atmosphere in this old downtown school!

Posted April 19, 2009
this is a wonderful school! my grandkids love it! parent involvement is great and all of the staff care so much about the kids and the kids respond in kind.

Kate Sullivan Elementary School 3

Posted March 22, 2009

Posted August 14, 2008
Many excellent caring experienced teachers. Wonderfully diverse student population. Good parent involvement. Smaller than many other comparable schools. Excellent test scores. Brand new media center and cafeteria. Lovely traditional, older building and beautiful campus. Convenient midtown location.

Kate Sullivan Elementary School
927 Miccosukee Road, Tallahassee, FL  32308
Last modified Kate Sullivan Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Kate Sullivan Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 30 reviews. Top