432 students|Leon

Bad
Good

The administration are all smiles, they will take you on a tour and "sell you" anytime, just stop by. Very friendly and welcoming. They have apple computer labs, smart boards, new windows, somewhat secure permitters (to the passerby). There's something wrong with the culture of the staff, they bark, shout, and punish children w/ grades. Children are not sent to the principal's office, teachers are allowed to give them no lower than a C grade when they act up. The parent/staff committee is fruitless. Parents are frustrated w/ the lack of common sense. Children do not receive regularly scheduled daily recess/unstructured play and if they do, it is less than 30 mins. The school day is 8:30a-3:50p. Their after school program also prevents them from playing on the playground. The school perks are only as good as the involved parents and the kids suffer from lack of involvement from non-involved families who don't teach kids outside of school. There's something wrong at the school as it starts from the top down - the kids are losing out because of it.

my school meets all my need and helped me succesfully reach my athletic and acidemic goals

FRANK HARTSFIELD IS ONE OF THE GREATEST PUBLIC SCHOOLS IN LEON COUNTY AND THROUGHOUT FLORIDA. I HAVE HAD AN EXCELLENT EXPERIENCE HERE FROM K-3RD GRADE SO FAR. THE TEACHERS AND STAFF ARE WONDERFUL WHEN IT COMES TO THE NEEDS AND ACADEMICS FOR THE STUDENTS, WAY TO GO HARTSFIELD ELEMENTARY AND KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK. 5 STARS *****

I love this school the teachers are awsome and the curriculum is wonderful too! My kids love the school also! the kids there will succeed to the fullest with help of their parents and teachers. love this school!

I am very happy to say that I finally found a school that meets my son's needs. The administration and teachers are very well organized and caring. This is the best public school my son has ever been to in the State of Florida. Thanks.

In my opion Hartsfield Elementary has the best ESE programs in Leon County now. The teachers and aides are so caring, but still expect alot out of their students no matter the students' ability. I feel at ease when my child is at school knowing that they are in good and capable hands.

As a graduate of Hartsfield, I was excited to have my child attend the same school I did. Well, things are totally different. Kids are not be accounted for (lose), some teachers and the principal patients are unprofessional. I am very disappointed with Hartsfield, I expected more. Therefore, I could not recommend Hartsfield to anyone at this present time.

As a mother of a child in second grade, I've been very pleased with Hartsfield Elementary. The school is very involved with trying to make the school a pleasant and educational experience for the children. They have an excellent accelerated learning program for grades 3-5 which provides higher learning one day a week for the upper level kids. There is a lot of emphasis from grades 2-5 to take accelerated reading tests throughout the week. This encourages ongoing reading. There are also educational field trips. Finally, the extended day care program is good and the children enjoy the activities and are given time to do homework. The faculty have a positive attitude and seem to enjoy their work. I mentor 1 hour a week, so I observe some of these activities first hand. So far, my experience, as well as my daughter's at Frank Hartsfield Elementary has been very enjoyable.

Last modified Frank Hartsfield Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.