Tallahassee, FL

Raa Middle School 3

Posted September 23, 2009
I am a former student of Raa middle school, I agree with the reviews saying the gifted programs are excellent. I was taking four gifted classes and I absolutely loved them, and the teachers who taught them. They are challenging, and fun. However, at Raa I found the rest of the environment that was not in gifted classes to be hostile, and almost racially polarized. I feel like there was a lot of tension in the school, and hallway fights often broke out during passing period. Maybe they could try and install some sort of school community forming program, so things wouldn't be so hostile. I am now a junior in high school, and very successful in all my courses. Raa is a great school with great teachers, but I feel like they should do more to remove hostility between students.
2 people found this helpful

Posted August 28, 2009
My child is in 7th grade and absolutley LOVES Raa! She had a wonderful transition from elementary school last year and it seems like another great year is ahead after this first week of school. The leadership and staff at the school are top notch. The academic rigor in the gifted courses is rather impressive. There isn't a private school in this district that can rival the education my child is receiving for FREE! Raa Middle School is an amazing school - thank you to all of the individuals that work as a team to do the best for your students.

Posted September 20, 2008
My Child Attends raa and Like it. It has great performing arts and it is just a great school

Posted September 01, 2008

Posted August 12, 2008

Raa Middle School 1

Posted March 04, 2008
my child attends Raa middle school and absolutely hates it. the teacher morale is not great and the students have a very pompous attitude.When it comes to sports yes they are top notch but the remarks from the kids to the other teams were infavorable.if i had a choice my child would not be attending raa but givin my school zone i have no choice.

Raa Middle School 3

Posted May 22, 2006

Posted January 16, 2006
Raa has an outstanding academic program. Gifted students are offered classes for high school credit. The teachers are caring and committed. My eight grader is studying physics and chemistry in her science course. Raa has consitently been both an 'A' school per Florida standards, but has also met the federal No child left behind standards. The arts are stressed at Raa. Band, chorus and guitar are offered during the school day. Extra classes in Jazz Band, Steel Drums, World Music Choir, Strings and Piano are offered after school. Raa also offers both visual and graphic arts/design. Their are a variety of athletic opportunities including tackle football, soccer, volleyball, basketball, cross country and golf. Their is a fair amount of parent involvement. This is increasing due to the leadership of the principal, Pat Keen. Parent communication has significantly improved over the last year and the PTO is becoming a viable, effective organization

Raa Middle School 4

Posted September 28, 2005
Both of my kids attended Raa MS; however, I had to transfer the oldest to Maclay School to obtain higher Math instruction. Otherwise, they have great parent involvement and the music program is top notch.

Posted August 17, 2005

Raa Middle School
401 West Tharpe Street, Tallahassee, FL  32303
Last modified Raa Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Raa Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 14 reviews. Top