1,267 students|Leon

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

Don't send you child to Godby! If you want them to succeed go else where but Godby! I am a current student there and it is a horrible school! We don't get the proper resources such as books, and materials for the teachers! This school gets more money to help out students and etc but it goes else where but not to helping the students out! Godby is a Athletic School that's why we're always making C's and D's on our school grade because all the students know what to do is how to make a touchdown, make a hoop, or either kick a ball! I'm on my way out of this school! I recommend you learning from a computer or going to a uniform school before i ever recommend you for going to Godby High School! Go to a school where there going to actually care and teach you something that may help you!

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly disagree

Very Ineffective! Go down the hallways after 1:50pm there all GONE! How caring and effective!

Amount of homework: Disagree

Not enough, Students don't turn there assignments in because the teacher either can't control her class or teach! They tell teachers to curve our grades to make the "school look better"!

Develops character: Strongly disagree

All this school honestly cares about is SPORTS and a stupid championship! They don't treat us FAIR at all. Go into Student Services and look at all the referrals they sent people home because they felt like it for no apparent reason! You should have Admin who care at Godby.. They come for the paycheck not the students!

The teachers here are excellent and actually care about us we went from an F to an A school. I attend here and it is a great school. The leadership and staff do their job and do it effectively. The Academy of Finance and Academy of Information Technology are also great programs to help you get an early start on your career. Lastly if its one thing Amos P. Godby High school has. It is it's Cougar Pride

Godby maybe a F school this year, but i go there and i know these teachers try and teach the students what is expected. Godby has the IT academy and the AOF academy which i am in and its awesome. even though im deciding to move away for my 11th grade year. I know on top of everything this school comes out on top.

I think this school has a long way to go to improve education.. This school is a D School!!! That isn't teaching our children...

I love this school. Even with the flaws that it has...it is the most diverse school in Leon county. I have many relatives that has graduated and made a successful lifestyle for themselves. This school happens to be a eye opener to students and others that are outside looking in.

this school is a really bad school!!! the teachers here do not help me child. she comes home form school confused. they dont take the time to explain the things that the children do not understand. they need to take more time to help the kids.

Godby is a great school with great people runing the school, sure there are a few exceptions but for the most part a great program all around. I graduated in 2003 with a 3.5 GPA and I participated in several sports such as football, weightlifting, shot-put, and wrestling. all the coaching staff is top notch and defently push you to do well in both school and sports with school always coming first, I would defently do it all over again

Last modified Amos P. Godby High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.