Posted May 24, 2014
I absolutely love this school. The teacher's are experienced and truly love these kids. I made the mistake of moving my children to one of the new charter schools for a "better opportunity" and quickly realized my children were at an disadvantage because of the inexperience, disorganization and lack of professionalism. I raced my children back to Oak Ridge Elementary as fast as I could and was welcomed back with open arms.

Posted October 25, 2010
You can't find better kids, or teachers and staff, than at Oak Ridge. We work harder, longer, and smarter than anyone!

Posted October 24, 2010
So many wonderful positive changes. It is a great place for children to learn and grow. And it is a wonderful place to work and learn and grow too.

Posted October 22, 2010
Oak Ridge Elementary teachers and staff have high expectations for our students. Through effective communication with parents and the local community we have established relationships that foster student achhievement at our school. We are making GREAT things happen.

Posted October 22, 2010
I love Oak Ridge Elementary School, Home of the Soaring Eagles for many reasons. Oak Ridge Elementary was my elementary school from Second Grade through Fifth. It has a home away from home envirnoment then and now. It's something special about this school and people who work here now and then. It's like you are apart of a very large family, working, learning and growing together. The Principal's have alway have a very personal touch to things, I remember my Principal use to tell a story at the end of the school year to all the 5th Graders before leaving. It was a story he told very year, but it was special each year to those students. Our teachers here find the most creative ways to teach and involve our students in all types of academic discoveries. Oak Ridge Elementary prides itself in a total academic plans. We believe in changing not only the academic knowledge of our students, by their social, levels of respect, attitude and self worth. It's important that the whole child is learning and just the ABC's and 1, 2, 3's. Oak Ridge Elementary, feeding the mind, body and attitude. There's not better place to learn. Natalie Paul

Posted October 22, 2010
Oak Ridge Elementary is an awesome school. We have a community of learners, eager to make our goals.

Posted October 22, 2010
Because each child is loved and supported by every every one (staff) in our school.

Oak Ridge Elementary School 2

Posted February 08, 2007

Oak Ridge Elementary School 4

Posted January 22, 2006
- a staff

Oak Ridge Elementary School 4

Posted January 27, 2005
Oakridge is a school that thrives on school spirit and excelling to loftier hieghts. They provide incentives so that the students will strive to excel. They are FCAT cautious which means they focus on no kid being left behind according to the goverment standards. However, by focusing on the FCAT I feel as if they are going over remedial skills. Therefore, falling behind on age appropiate skills which they should be mastering. I know that every school has troubled students but Oakridge has been given more than it's share and this too causes a disturbance in the class room atmosphere minimizing the teaching and learning capabibility. On a positive note the extra curricular activities such as the chorus ,the wings program (after school program), and Saturday School are excellent. Parent participation is encouraged and the parents are very supportive which is pleasing to see.

Oak Ridge Elementary School
4530 Shelfer Road, Tallahassee, FL  32305
Last modified Oak Ridge Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Oak Ridge Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 11 reviews. Top