423 students|Leon

Bad
Good

My daughter is a current student at Pineview. She is and has been an honor student since attending Pineview, however the teachers seem to be very lazy and the communication (returning emails) is horrible. There are no incentives for making good grades and the field trips are nonexistent. The principle claims it is because of funding but she makes no effort to get parents involved to demand that atleast the 5th graders are sent off in a happy note. My child takes advantage of the saturday school when they are trying to stuff last minute fcat skills down the kids throat. Not a good school.

My son has been at this school for 4 years and I can say that some teacher are superior to other teacher. My son 2nd and 3rd grade teachers were great however my son 1st and 4th grade teachers were not very good. The main problem that I had with both teachers is their lack of effort towards keeping me informed with my son progress on all subjects, reading, writing, math, science, social studies. In fact, my son 4th grade teacher simply refused to return my telephone calls and refused to reply to any of my letters addressed to her and CC'd to the principal. If you decide to send your child to this school be prepared for all future struggles. Because they will come in due time

My son went to this school for 3 years and was absolutly miserable there...and on top of that he had some trouble learning the material that he was recieving at school. I went to the teachers and asked if they could get him some extra help but none came. Eventually I went to the principle and he seemed to sweep our problems under the carpet. I got fustrated with not getting any help from this school. It is horrible. I would recommend trying to find another school for your child to go to ANY other school than Pineview.

Without a doubt, this school is emblematic of the failure of the American public school system. For almost three years, my child would respond to the usual "How was school?" with "I don't want to talk about it." Everyday. He dreaded going to school. He has a speech/language disorder, but when we asked for the school to evaluate him, they didn't. Twice we asked, and twice nothing was done. Once a week he would be bringing home an accident report. While children can be clumsy, I think his high accident rate was due more to poor supervision than anything else. Further, school staff once put the wrong child in my car during parent pick-up, and acted incredulous when I said, "this isn't my child". My child is thriving at his new school - avoid tPineview at all costs. Homeschool, or look for charter options.

I like the school, because the principal is very supportive adn trying to do the best for the children, always waiting the parents to come and talk about their concerns. Our teacher is Ms Patterson and she is very nice with the children. Also want to mention the english support Ms Chang who does a great work with foreign language speaking children. Thank you all;)

Ilove pineview because the teacher's care about the children in the classroom. whether your child is the brightest or the child who needs a little extra attention they will work with the parents to get the kids performing at a better level, I enjoy the way Mr. Igbinoba teaches his class to respect one another and has the children treat each other the way they want to be treated, Being a male teacher can be hard at times. my children are twenty years between the two and I really love the way pineview teacher want the children the become better than the year before.

I think that Pineview Elementary School is a wonderful school and have great teachers

Some teachers really try to reach these children, but others have given up. There are not enough resources at this school for students to learn in a conceptual manner (group work, hands-on). Everyone has resorted to rote memorization by handouts.

My son attended Pineview for several years before moving to another city. He had both good and not-so-good teachers. The principal is level headed and honest. While I didn't always agree with all of her decisions, I respected that they were thoughtful and in the best interests of the children. The school could use more support from the community and parents. The PTA is woeful at best. My son is currently attending a magnet school and doing well. I didn't believe his education ended at homework. I asked questions to make sure he understood what was being taught. The library is awful and the media specialist is uninterested. The music teacher was encouraging as was the principal and other staff members. Although the neighborhood is not wealthy, the devotion of the principal and some of the staff help to make the school decent to good.

Last modified Pineview Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.