549 students|Leon

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Too much (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Somewhat effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (1 response)

Sealey Elementary School 1

Posted March 31, 2016
The safety and security off the children..ESPECIALLY at parent pick up are major concerns. The children need uniforms to match the school they represent. Everyone dress so tacky, seemily there is no dress code at all. That's sad. They need to visit schools down south to learn what a dress code is. Magnet schools are not suppose to look like this. This is Tallahassee, the capital...please be a leader in something!

Posted May 08, 2014
I was employed as a first grade teacher and then library media specialist at Sealey for a total of 25 years. Many principals have led Sealey, but one thing has remained constant - children first. The school has a dedicated faculty, administration, and staff. The student body is very diverse which provides a rich learning atmosphere. Sealey has an active PTO and the school provides excellent learning activities for all students, from those with learning and physical challenges all the way to its gifted students. It is a math and science magnet school. It's current principal, Demetria Clemons is a dynamic leader who is extremely proficient and supports her teachers and staff, students and parents. The school is also very involved in the community. Sealey is an amazing place to work and learn.

Posted August 22, 2013
I attended Sealey as a student in my first through third grade years, which were in the mid to late 90s. I don't know what the school is like now, but when I was there, it was wonderful! I attended three different elementary schools, and nowhere else could ever compare to Sealey. I loved the teachers, the librarian, the counselor, and the principal. I still remember specific teachers who became like second and third mothers to me, and the principal was always very kind and very involved with all of the students. The librarian even bought me a book from the book fair in second grade because she noticed me staring at it longingly every day of the fair, but I didn't have the money to buy it. The staff at Sealey made a huge positive impact on my small life, and I still remember them and my days at this school with great fondness. I learned a lot there, and I was always encouraged to keep learning more. I also had a lot of fun there. They even had fun events after school sometimes like a staff talent show. I still remember many of the acts and how much I loved seeing my teachers and principal singing and dancing and acting. I am so grateful for my time at Sealey. :)

Posted April 29, 2013
Great teachers and staff! Students are always challenged. The special areas of music, art, and p.e. are always engaging. Diversity of this school is wonderful.

Sealey Elementary School 1

Posted January 12, 2013
this school is just like the name..."silly". the teachers and staff pick over every little thing. my child is a smart straight "a" student but instead of constant encourgement they continuously try to put him down. majority of students here are from different countries. my son is natural born american who gets no credit. on top of that, they constantly charge parents money on everything. they even tried to cheeat my son out of his field trip money. i am very disappointed.

Posted November 11, 2010
its a good school to learn in and the have very good teachers

Sealey Elementary School 4

Posted November 02, 2010
Sealey is a small school and has a family like atmosphere. All of the staff know my children and all express to me how happy they are that my children are at Sealey. The teachers at Sealey are very loving and helpful. The programs at Sealey encourage children to do their best job.

Posted October 11, 2010
The kids and teachers make Sealey Elementary great! Everyone works hard to make Sealey the best!!

Posted September 23, 2010
It has the best students, faculty and staff in the USA!!!

Posted September 22, 2010
My child is developing greatly. The teachers, parents and students are great. The principal and staff are professional and supportive.

2815 Allen Road, Tallahassee, FL  32312
Last modified Sealey Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.