Tallahassee, FL

School Official Point of View

February 1, 2011

Apalachee Elementary School 4

Posted May 26, 2014
We have children at Apalachee Elementary School. We moved from an A school to attend Apalachee. The principal& several teachers at the A school were not very personable & if you were not part of the "clique" ..oh well. We attempted to become active but was constantly ignored. Also, I felt my children were being targeted in a very negative way so we decided to transfer to Apalachee.The A school's Assistant Principle told us we were making a bad decision as parents. Well, four years later we are involved parents & our children have progressed quite well. I have found this community to be very political. Persons will try to discredit what they can't control or keep down. Apalachee continues to increase test scores each year, enhance their music& arts program, etc. As parents, we all want the same for our children. There is good, bad, smart, those with learning challenges, honest, dishonest, etc. people. in every race, color and creed. As a parent I strive to give my children the best. I may have missed the mark here & there;& Apalachee, like other schools in Leon County,have not always hit the mark either, but it doesn't diminish their commitment to excellence& to their students.

Apalachee Elementary School 1

Posted May 22, 2014
My husband & I deeply regret ever moving to Florida and being slated for Apalachee. Since we arrived here our daughter who's special needs has dropped in all grades will have to remain in 2 grade no matter what and was attacked by two girls and victimized with no adult supervision and the teacher and school suspended my daughter by the word of an 8 year old. I lost all faith when she had stuff stolen and a boys been bulling her repeatedly but this was the icing on the cake. Needless to say she will not be returning next fall to Apalachee.

Apalachee Elementary School 4

Posted September 27, 2011
Apalachee is a great school! I would reccommend any parent who is looking for a school where the principles, teachers and staff are personable and caring. The cirriculum and the resources used by the school allows the parents to get online with their child so they can work along with the teachers at home. The first time I visited Apalachee seeking to transfer my son..every teacher I passed was friendly and smiled. At the time, I didn't realize it was the principal, but she was hugging and listening to the stories of the different students as they came up to her to share. This totally sold me especially after experiencing the principal and teaching staff of my son's previous school. My son transferred to Apalachee 2 years ago. His first year there he made the AB honor roll and his enthusiasm for school has grown. He also has an opportunity to participate in various extra cirricular activities which has allowed him to develop culturally. I would reccommend Apalachee to any parent. Although, they do not get the exposure or attention that most schools do...that is ok. As a parent, it was the best choice I ever made for my child.

Apalachee Elementary School 1

Posted July 18, 2011
When my grandson attended Apalachee the parent of a child he had a disagreement with was allowed to confront and threaten him in the presence of a teacher. The p0rincipal then completely ignored our concerns for his safety and told us that the parent would continue to be allowed to volunteer at the school and no effort would be made to ensure that she would not be allowed to have contact with this 8 year old child. The school board was also unresponsive to our complaints. Obviously, we ended up moving him to another district altogether.

Apalachee Elementary School 5

Posted June 04, 2011
I used to attend ApalacheeK-5! Myu experience there was fantastic! I enjoyed my years at Apalachee. In the 5 grade, Apalachee had some honor classes in the subjects of Science & Social Studies. I was in both of those classes and I learned so much from that school. I wished they had a middle school program there because if they did I'll be the first signing up!lol! Anyways, I really admired their Performing Arts Program! Especially now since they have dance! This is the best elementary school in the entire world! I Love Apalachee!

Apalachee Elementary School 0

Posted October 13, 2010
I love the infusion of arts into the academic curriculum.

Apalachee Elementary School 3

Posted November 29, 2008

Apalachee Elementary School 5

Posted October 02, 2008

Apalachee Elementary School 2

Posted July 08, 2008

Apalachee Elementary School 3

Posted April 13, 2006
'Great Art and Music magnet program. Administrators and teachers very caring and involved. However, enforcement of discipline has declined. Teachers are increasingly overwhelmed with 'problem students' that the principal has no power to remove. Fights and bullying are on the rise so we put our child in private school. This is a district policy issue, but we decided our child would get left behind at this school.'

Apalachee Elementary School
650 Trojan Trail, Tallahassee, FL  32311
Last modified Apalachee Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Apalachee Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 17 reviews. Top