Tallahassee, FL

Fairview Middle School 3

Posted April 19, 2013
My daughter attends the IB-prep program. All the teachers are fair, challenge the students and want to see them succeed except a Math teacher. If your student likes Math and needs a challenge, this is not the school. If your student loves Math and does not need direct, then they will do well in this program.

Posted October 26, 2010
Fairview is a bad school! My son got shot there in his arm. So i immediately took him out of that school. That school got bad children going there. Its just to bad!

Posted October 05, 2008

Posted October 05, 2008

Posted March 14, 2008

Posted October 28, 2007
The pre-IB program was great for me! I learned to organize my time better and to be a much more successful person in life. Thanks much to all of my teachers who inspired me to be the best I can be! -Brie

Fairview Middle School 4

Posted August 01, 2007
Fairview's pre-IB is a great program. The education is great, but the building isn't that good. it's a bit dirty & the bathroom's aren't the cleanest. but Fairview is still a great school.

Posted October 21, 2006
Both of my children participated in the pre-IB program at Fairview and had wonderful experiences. The teachers are top notch and the administration is genuinely concerned about student success. Since the students travel through as a group they develop strong, lasting friendships. Unfortunately, the school has a reputation for discipline problems but I did not see anything other than what you would normally expect to see in a middle school and the administrators handle problems promptly. I think this program is the best kept secret in Tallahassee and would not have sent my children anywhere else. The level of education they received rivals any private school in the county.

Fairview Middle School 3

Posted April 02, 2006
IB program very well organized and challenging. Like a private school with-in the school. Very difficult and should not be forced on an average ability student. However, as a parent, I would never want my kid in the regular classes in the school. The principal and teachers are very caring and motivated to help everyone. Often this school gets stuck with problem students and unless Leon Co Schools can give principals more power to expel repeat offenders, this schools discipline will continue to be unsatisfactory. Bullying a very big problem there and not getting the urgent attention it should. As the area attracts more high priced homes, this school will have to find a solution or lose these upper middle class families to private schools.

Posted August 26, 2003
My daughter is in 7th grade at this school This is her first year. THe teachers and administrators are so helpful. Whenever I had a problem, the problem was solved.

Fairview Middle School
3415 Zillah Street, Tallahassee, FL  32305
Last modified Fairview Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Fairview Middle School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 10 reviews. Top