Posted April 03, 2014
I went to this school, and I loved it. Most of the teachers love to teach. The kids will love it.

Posted February 10, 2014
Fort Braden is a wonderful school! I have a stepson who is in 4th grade and my own son who is in 8th grade that attend this school. After a horrible experience at an inner city middle school for 6th and 7th grade, we moved to the Fort Braden community and my son has done much better at this school. The teachers and the faculty/staff/administration are all very concerned about each and every child succeeding. The principal is outstanding and interacts with the children in both elementary and middle school on a daily basis several times a day and eats lunch with them as well during the week. It is the responsibility of the parents to have close communication with the teachers either by e-mail or telephone to ensure that their child is receiving proper guidance and instruction. The teachers will and do reach out to all parents when there are any academic or behavioral issues. Very impressed with ALL faculty that I have come across from custodians to librarian(s) to administration. As a volunteer and previous intern and student teacher at the school I have first-hand knowledge as a teacher and as a parent that this school is an A+ school working each and every day to improve!

Fort Braden Elementary School 3

Posted November 04, 2013
My son who is 11 has been bullied for 2 years and it took me filing a compliant at the school board. My son has always been to blame the bullying. Quoteed' If he wants good friends, he needs to be a good friend. Who tells a child who is already being bullied something like that? I want my children out of Fort Braden. It use to be a great school now not so much.

Posted July 18, 2013
This is a very good school! But the teachers have a problem with teaching... They don't have one on one help like some students need. And there lunch is not the best my kid comes home hungry because the school food is so nasty.. Like frozen and different stuff... She had been at this school for 8 going on 9 years and he school just gets worse with bullying but the staff try there hardest to stop bullying.

Fort Braden Elementary School 3

Posted February 14, 2013
The teachers do not reach out to parents at all. The children are not being helped when they are falling behind...they are just left behind. More teacher oversight is needed. The teachers talk down to the students instead of speaking to them like a child. Every once in a while there will be a really good teacher. In the past year or so, they have gotten better on preventing bullying and security is better.

Posted August 22, 2012
Wonderful school. This is my child's third year there, and she is excelling. The school has allowed her to work on skills at her level, and there are many opportunities to talk with teachers. Very little parent involvement, but that's not the school's fault, they offer numbers, email, and in person conferences. The teachers are very knowledgeable and available. Bullying is NOT tolerated, and I have seen no preference given to children with behavioral problems, quite the opposite. I stay very involved in what is going on, which I think helps my child excel there...they also have top notch technology, an amazing library, and wonderful principal.

Fort Braden Elementary School 1

Posted May 14, 2012
Very poor communication/partnering with parents. Bullying is rampant/out of control. It has destroyed my son and he is only 8. He has been bullied in every single grade. This year has been the worst ever. I agree with another review I saw here that states"Children with behavioral problems/outbursts in class seem to be rewarded for this behavior by receiving no consequences and bullying is tolerated, especially if you don't live right in the Fort Braden Community and are an "outsider". Children with good behavior are punished along with the whole class for the bad behavior of a few. especially if you don't live right in the Fort Braden Community and are an "outsider". Children with good behavior are punished along..." with the perpetrators. The Principal is great, very involved and concerned, but the administrators and kids/perpetrators/teachers have turned this once great school into a place my son hates to go.

Fort Braden Elementary School 2

Posted August 08, 2011
Poor communication with parents about what is actually going on in the classrooms. Children with behavioral problems and outbursts in class seem to be rewarded for this behavior by receiving no consequences. Bullying is tolerated, especially if you don't live right in the Fort Braden Community and are an "outsider". Children with good behavior are punished along with the whole class for the bad behavior of a few. No class parties or awards for positive reinforcement for the children. Very disappointed and changing schools this year.

Posted January 21, 2011
An excellent community based school, where everyone knows everyone and they do their best to make sure neither you nor your child feel like a statistic or a test score. If a family is having a hard time, the entire school community bands together to make sure they are taken care of. It is the warmest, most nurturing school my children have attended, and we tried both magnet and private schools, too. The staff tries very hard to recognize and assist with any special needs your children might have, from physical needs to extra opportunities for more advanced kids. I absolutely love it, am so glad I gave it a chance before opting to home school, and I'm thrilled that my kids will be able to attend until 8th grade.

Posted February 13, 2008
fort braden is the best school ever

Fort Braden Elementary School
15100 Blountstown Highway, Tallahassee, FL  32310
Last modified Fort Braden Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Fort Braden Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 12 reviews. Top