Tallahassee, FL

Posted August 24, 2014
I went to Chaires for 6 years and had the best experience their. All of the teachers were nice and taught very well. Chaires is a great environment for children.

Posted August 04, 2014
Chaires has been a great place for my daughter and son. My son was in the 3 yr old ESE class and the VPK class. His teachers and teachers aides were outstanding. They cared for him so much and were always willing to have discussions with me about my concerns and desires. My daughter started in the kindergarten class and had a rough time adjusting to the expectations. Her teacher couldn't have been more understanding and supportive! The teacher communicated with us regularly and helped us with strategies to help my daughter. Her teacher even went to the principal to get approval for some modifications to ease my daughter's anxiety. My only complaint is that their afterschool provider doesn't accept kids until they are in kindergarten which caused us some scheduling headaches for 2 years.

Posted September 11, 2013
Chaires is a WONDERFUL place for learning. It is a safe, friendly, clean and supportive place for learning. I have 5 children and all of them have went through chaires. From the kindergarten teachers to the fifth grade teachers all of them are fantasticand very experienced! Parents all throughout the school are welcomed into any classroom and volunteer. So over all the school is a wonderful place my grandchildren one day will even attend this schoole if I have anything to do with it.

Posted August 06, 2013
Chaires is an excellent A+ school. I have had four children pass through Chaires and I have never had one complaint. The teachers there are very experienced most have been there from the start. I also liked being able to volunteer whenever I had the free time.

Posted July 11, 2011
This is a great school with a homey, small-town feel. You notice it when you go on field trips and see how well-behaved the kids from Chaires are compared to the kids from so many other elementary schools. There are advanced classes for brighter students, and my daughter has excelled after leaving here and going on the middle school

Chaires Elementary School

Posted October 10, 2007
I felt very unwelcome at this school. Upon dropping off my child for school I was told I was not allowed to go inside the school to drop off my very small child, I had to leave him at the door and leave. This was maddening to me! This is no way to get parent volunteers, I would vever volunteer! My child has since withdrawn from this school and he and I are much happier

Posted July 22, 2006
My child went to Chaires all of her elementary school years. Mrs. Moss is an exceptional leader that cares about her students and the well being of her teachers. The school promotes high academic standards. My child was well prepared for middle school. The school has a very active PTO. The school continues to grow.

Posted April 29, 2006
I have been teaching at Chaires for the past 17 years. This is a very close-knit community, and the parent involvement is great. We like to think of ourselves as 'part of the family' for the year that we teach a child. It is not uncommon to have a student at Chaires whose grandparent went to school there, because the original school is 78 years old! The Chaires faculty and staff, from the principal to the custodial and kitchen staff all are one big family.

Posted January 11, 2006
My children went to this school from 2001-2003. This is a wonderful school and Mrs. Moss is a wonderful principal. They have teachers who cares and provides wonderful extracurricular activities. This school loves parent involvment and are very concern about the saftey of the children and thier families. When you have teachers and adminstration that works together you will always have a outstanding school!

Chaires Elementary School
4774 Chaires Cross Road, Tallahassee, FL  32317
Last modified Chaires Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Chaires Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 14 reviews. Top