675 students|Leon

Bad
Good

The Springwood staff provide an enthusiastic atmosphere that encourages learning. Everyone from the office staff, maintenance, teachers and principal are friendly and willing to assist in any way to help. Springwood encourages their students to "expect the best and nothing less."

My oldest child has been at Springwood since kindergarten and is currently going into 5th grade. While I will be honest and say that I was less than impressed with the administration for his first couple of years, he has had AWESOME teachers that truly love the children and it shows. The school has definitely made a positive change since Dr. Small has become Principal and he is very involved and responsive to parents from my interactions. My youngest is going into 3rd grade this year and he has also been blessed with WONDERFUL teachers. Both of my children love Springwood and as a parent, I am pleased.

Marvelous atmosphere for children to learn both strong academic and social skills. Visible, approachable and genuinely caring leadership is demonstrated year long. Children have pride in themselves and the school. The school also touts a great afterschool program staffed by great counselors. My child completed kindergarten their. We moved afterwards and he was sad to leave everyone. Highly recommend this school, current principal is Dr. Christopher Small.

My son has been a student at Springwood since 2011, and we have had a great experience. The school has greatly improved since Dr. Small has come on as principal.

I believe this school has potential and needs the help of not only the staff but parents as well. I feel that there are some wondeful and experienced teachers at this school. I also have never had a problem with office staff and they strike me as very down to earth and knowledgeable and concerned. I do feel that with the new leadership of Dr. Smalls and the new attitude and excitement they have adopted that this school has and will continue to prosper with the help of us all.

I have two children at Springwood ES and this is the worst school they have ever attended! I am trying very hard to rezone them to get them out of this school. 1 out of 5 teachers has responded to my questions and concerns without me having to copy the principal to get a response. The general attitude and teacher to parent coomunication is horrible!! This school needs a thorough evaluation.

My daughter has been a student as Springwood since kindergarden and she is now in the 5th grade. Over the years the school has gone downhill I am sad to say. I have found when I voice concerns about teachers I am met with excuses instead of ways we can make things better. There are some awesome teachers that really care about their students. Unfortunately, the teachers that don't seem to care out number the ones that are really trying to make a difference. The office staff is awefull too. One of the ladies that works in the front office actually has a teenage grandaughter that stays with her in the office all day. I think that is just crazy. Fortunately this is my daughter's last year at this school. I already moved her younger sister to a different school because it has gotten so bad there.

The school needs to improve the teachers one on one interactions with the students, seems as though the interns spend more time teaching than the teachers. Front office staff could use some training on parent and student do's and don'ts, What happened to teachers that greet students with a smile and encouragement at the beginning of the day! Teachers who truly care about the students and have experience in educating as well as teaching are needed at Springwood. Hopefully a change will come soon!

Less than impressed with this school. My childs best interest was not put first. This school could use a better principal and teachers. needless to say my child no longer goes here

Less than impressed with leadership! Securing the students is last on the never ending list of improvements needed. Needless to say....I moved my child!! (Which was sad because we loved our teacher but had nothing but concerns with upper leadership)

Last modified Springwood Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.