675 students|Leon

Bad
Good

Supports LD students: Strongly agree

My son has an IEP for speech and other related issues. During this process, the teachers, guidance staff and therapist have done their best to see that he receives the best education possible. Without their support, his educational journey may not have been as great of a success.

Effective school leaders: Strongly agree

Their strategies encourage greatness. The staff are upbeat and positive, expending this energy into the lives of our children.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

I haven't encountered a teacher who hasn't my child's best interest at heart. They truly care about each and every child, and see that they receive the help they deserve.

Amount of homework: Strongly agree

I feel they inspire the children to give their best efforts and expect nothing short of this.

My oldest child started Springwood in kindergarten, he is now finishing up second grade this year. While at first, this wasn't the school I wanted for him, I'm glad he's able to attend it. The office staff, maintanence personell and teachers are all friendly and willing to help with any issue. My son has issues requiring an IEP and since he first started, the school has had his best interest at heart. From teachers going to bat for him to the guidance staff and therapists that put his plan into play, I know he'll have all the tools and support needed to succeed. My youngest is starting kindergarten in the fall, and couldn't think of a better school for her to attend. The school motto is "expect the best and nothing less", and at this school I know she'll be prepared to go on and do great things with her life. I love how Dr. Small and the administrative team lead the school with a positive attitude and prepare the kids at a young age not only middle and high school, but college as well. Their strategies for preparing the kids for success are outstanding, this ranges from homework packets on breaks to daily encouragement and praise. Without their love of education and wanting our children to succeed, this school may not be what it is today. So, thank you Dr. Small, Mrs. Austin and administrative personell for all that you do in order for our children to become sucessful individuals. Looking back at my fears after reading reviews from the past, I'd have to say that I'm glad I took this chance, because I know my kids are getting a great education and building life skills in the process.

The Springwood staff provide an enthusiastic atmosphere that encourages learning. Everyone from the office staff, maintenance, teachers and principal are friendly and willing to assist in any way to help. Springwood encourages their students to "expect the best and nothing less."

My oldest child has been at Springwood since kindergarten and is currently going into 5th grade. While I will be honest and say that I was less than impressed with the administration for his first couple of years, he has had AWESOME teachers that truly love the children and it shows. The school has definitely made a positive change since Dr. Small has become Principal and he is very involved and responsive to parents from my interactions. My youngest is going into 3rd grade this year and he has also been blessed with WONDERFUL teachers. Both of my children love Springwood and as a parent, I am pleased.

Marvelous atmosphere for children to learn both strong academic and social skills. Visible, approachable and genuinely caring leadership is demonstrated year long. Children have pride in themselves and the school. The school also touts a great afterschool program staffed by great counselors. My child completed kindergarten their. We moved afterwards and he was sad to leave everyone. Highly recommend this school, current principal is Dr. Christopher Small.

My son has been a student at Springwood since 2011, and we have had a great experience. The school has greatly improved since Dr. Small has come on as principal.

I believe this school has potential and needs the help of not only the staff but parents as well. I feel that there are some wondeful and experienced teachers at this school. I also have never had a problem with office staff and they strike me as very down to earth and knowledgeable and concerned. I do feel that with the new leadership of Dr. Smalls and the new attitude and excitement they have adopted that this school has and will continue to prosper with the help of us all.

Last modified Springwood Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.