Tallahassee, FL
Before care: Yes

Desoto Trail Elementary School 1

Posted October 24, 2014
I was so excited when I found out my children would be starting this school. I had heard nothing but fatastic things about this school from others who had attended. Let me start off by saying if you have a special needs child, does not matter the severity, do not send your child here. The principal sees all special needs kids as an annoying problem she has to deal with. She will fight to deny them services they so desperately need to save a buck. She does not put funds towards their technology needs and refuses to include them in her list of priorities. I learned that it is cheaper for them to violate laws denying students the right to services because people will take it and not want to make anyone mad by trying to force them to provide such benefits. They expect a few to threaten to sue and those who do actually end up getting the services. If you have a child that struggles, they will pressure you to hold your child back before they allow your child to affect their "A" rating on the FCAT. I recommend Roberts, Killearn Lakes, Buck Lake or Gillcrest for elementary. There are positives to this school. The teachers, and the families. They all truly care.

Desoto Trail Elementary School 2

Posted August 05, 2014
Couldn't agree more with the parent comments regarding Desoto Trial's emphasis is on FCAT and their "A" rating.....and the child who doesn't learn in a rigid environment is severely "left behind". We also had multiple meetings with school administration and are so happy we are not returning this next year. Our daughter has also become nervous and frustrated about academics at this point because of her experience last year.....not so much anxiety but very poor academic confidence in herself as a result of her experiences at Desoto Trail.

Posted May 24, 2014
I loved Desoto Trail. I loved the teachers they were very nice and thoughtful. The teachers really tried to help you if you were failing. My teacher helped me by offering to tutor me. The people are really nice!

Posted May 29, 2013
Desoto Trail rocks! Top notch school that my child loves!!!!!!!!!!! You can't go wrong. We love it!

Posted January 30, 2013
This is a fantastic school Overall. Almost every single teacher I've come into contact with at this school has genuinely seemed caring and personally vested in the success of my son. We've had a few challenges with a very small number of teachers, but they are in the minority. What I find the most amazing is the parent involvement at this school. It's been a pleasure to have my oldest son there, and I know my little one will enjoy it next year when he goes!

Desoto Trail Elementary School 3

Posted December 17, 2012
Very disappointed in this school - my sons grades have slipped greatly since attending. The emphasis is on FCAT and their "A" rating and the child who doesn't learn in a rigid environment is severely "left behind" - 8 meetings later with the school administration and we are pulling our son out. This is a great school for the child who is very academic in nature but in our case our child has become very nervous and frustrated at this school - to the point of severe anxiety.

Posted October 22, 2009
We have great teachers, great parents, great volunteers and the best Students!

Posted October 19, 2009
DeSoto Trail Elementary School is commited to invest time and efforts in their students as well as in the community. I love the fact that they are constantly promoting activities and events in which the family is involved. Moreover, the teachers and the entire personnel work diligently to make sure that our children succeed! Thank you DeSoto Trail!

Posted October 06, 2009
Having examined many of the Leon County schools as part of my job in social services prior to having children, I can honestly say that DeSoto Trail is one of the better elementary schools in Leon County, and it is one of the best schools in Leon County for ESE children, particularly autistic children. My son is a ESE/Kindergarten student at DTES. My husband and I researched schools in depth and bought a house specifically in the DTES zone to be sure that he was zoned for this school, that is how good they are with ESE. Their regular education is exceptional as well in my opinion. DTES works very hard to integrate ESE children with regular ed children as much as they can, which in my opinion is a great experience for all of the children.

Posted October 02, 2009
great family oriented school, high academic standards

Desoto Trail Elementary School
5200 Tredington Park Drive, Tallahassee, FL  32309
Last modified Desoto Trail Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Desoto Trail Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 42 reviews. Top