Tallahassee, FL

Deerlake Middle School 4

Posted December 30, 2014
Don't kid yourself (or let anyone else kid you), Deerlake is an upper middle class school, or should I say zoned in mostly upper middle class neighborhoods. While superficial behavior is expected amongst teens, these attitudes are more present here as opposed to other area schools. The real reason=lack of diversity of the student body. Keep that in mind if you have a child who is seeking to transfer, especially if they are a little weak willed. Looking at the other side of the coin, Deerlake's culture scope does provide a student with the social skill opportunity to stand on his or her own two feet, competitive in a comfortable environment, and develop and display dignity-something much needed in these years.

Deerlake Middle School 3

Posted September 21, 2014
Deerlake middle school, is a very nice clean school that has very nice clubs and education, but there are a few teachers there that I dont nessisarrily like, I also feel the people there are very pretensious and you have to prove yourself. There dress code is ridiculous and it's so hard for my child to get any clothes that will fit there dresscode but she will like. The dresscode at schools I think make no sense, I mean some young girls take things way to far with there clothing but like the shorts rule or the tank rule? My daughter is very unhappy with this but otherwise deerlake has a good education system.

Posted July 29, 2014
I graduated from Deerlake 2 years ago. I really liked my middle school experience. I liked every single one of my teacher that I had there. I would look forward to going to school each day just to see my teachers. A couple of the teachers there have inspired me to become a teacher in the future. They interacted with their students very well, and they wanted (and it showed) all students to be successful. The office staff is so friendly. They would take care of problems as quick as they can. The dress code there is is strictly enforced. The teachers were never lenient on the code. The campus is well kept and the hallways seemed sparkling clean. I think Deerlake is the best middle school in the county. This school has the best faculty and staff. This school is very similar to a private school. The staff does not put up with nonsense, which is the reason why this school is so great.

Posted April 19, 2014
Overall this school is great! This is my second year going there and I've had so much pleasure in my grades! The campus is huge and there is a little confusion at first how to get around. They definently award you for your hard work. They have a luncheon with the principal for all A students. They also give something special to students who got good citizenship and A-B honor roll. They have a Bringing Up Grades club too. Beware though, they have a VERY strict dress code.

Deerlake Middle School 4

Posted August 18, 2012
Deerlake Middle School is a competent school. Most students in this school are from working class families who are motivated to succeed academically. Teachers are capable, effective and responsive providing positive learning situations and challenges. Administration and office staff are professional and efficient. It is a finely-tuned machine producing a body of capable students who meet the standards and are ready for high school.

Posted July 23, 2010
I go to school at deerlake and it is a amazing school and I have so much fun there! Teachers are really nice, very clean, and if you need help, they will help you.

Deerlake Middle School

Posted October 04, 2008
This is a great school! i love it here. They have the best dances and they have cool clubs. Its a really good school for students to go to. Im in the school now and im lovin it.

Posted December 02, 2007
deerlake is a great school and it has many good teachers and good students!

Deerlake Middle School 3

Posted November 29, 2007
My child went to Deerlake for 3 years. It is driven by test scores. The teachers generally are very good, but don't expect the closeness your child may have experienced in elementary school. The school also fails to enforce its dress code.

Posted July 21, 2007
Deerlake Middle School is great and i wouldn't want too go to anyother school.It's like a second home too me.

Deerlake Middle School
9902 Deer Lake West, Tallahassee, FL  32312
Last modified Deerlake Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Deerlake Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 19 reviews. Top