Florida State University School 1

Posted November 02, 2014
Do not send your child here. The administration is incompetent, and does not care about the futures of the children. I withdrew my son from this school because he was miserable and worried about his future. Now, he's in a positive learning environment, has a great social life, and has been admitted to all of the colleges that he has applied to.

Posted July 26, 2014
It's okay academically, however we have issues with administration. We've had 4 principals since I've been at this school (6-12) as well as a few poorly performing teachers. Overall I think my school is overrated and not at all what it appears to be.

Florida State University School 2

Posted July 02, 2014
This school is not anywhere you want to send your child. The main focus of the school is the "dress code" which is a joke. They completely ignore the growth of knowledge and true learning, there are probably 7 teachers out of the whole school that actually care about teaching the students. The counseling is also horrible, they don't help with your future at all. The school is unorganized at everything, events, clubs, sports. You don't even get your schedule until the first day of school and they don't make them until the week before school starts. They also have bad communication with the parents, plus it's a lab school so it's just FSU treating your children like unpaid lab rats.

Florida State University School 4

Posted August 16, 2012
At the time of my involvement , I thought the school to be very good. But that has been many years ago..

Florida State University School 1

Posted November 30, 2010
After 9 years at Florida High, I think of pulling my children out daily. The constant change in the administration is mind boggling. I find the majority of high school teachers mediocre at best. There are a few that are phenomenal but it's not enough. The athletic department needs help drastcally. Sports for girls seem to be secondary, the coaching staff turns over every year if not more often. Very inexperienced to say the least. The director of the Athletic Dept is ancient and should have retired years ago. He is rarely seen. Communication is poor from all angles but ONE english teacher. Our elementary experience was a good one, I'll add but since most teachers have been "let go" with the advent of a new admin last year, I can not in good conscience recommend this school to anyone. I'm so very disappointed in the current Florida High.

Florida State University School 0

Posted September 16, 2009
The individual attention given to the students

Florida State University School 5

Posted March 02, 2009
I am a mother of three, and all of my kids are currently at FSUS. I think that I couldn't be a happier mom than to see all of them at FSUS.Whenever we think of moving from Tallahassee, my biggest concern is 'Would I ever be able to find such a good school for my kids again'.

Posted December 08, 2008

Florida State University School 4

Posted September 30, 2008

Posted August 22, 2008
I am am a ninth grade student at Florida High. I live in Jefferson County, which has awful schools, so Florida High was truly my only option. The Elementry was phenomenal, except when they added 'stations' during my 4th and 5th grade years. The elementery teachers were wonderful overall, with a few expetions. Then came middle school, which had many unstable teachers and many teachers who don't last more than a year. The science and math teachers are unexeptional, but the English and History ones are wonderful. It was not as good as the elementary, but was decent and I had no major problems. Then came high school, and right now after finnishing my first week I am extremely dissapointed. It is soooo random, had mostly bad teachers, I have awful unmotivated classmates, and I am begging my mom to send me elsewhere. Not recommended for smart kids with potential!!!!!

Florida State University School
3000 School House Road, Tallahassee, FL  32311
Last modified Florida State University School is a Charter school that serves grades K-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Florida State University School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 43 reviews. Top