Tallahassee, FL

Posted September 14, 2014
The school has great potential, but is an awful environment. The teachers blame the students for the school grade, there is no organization and no structure. The administrators do not strive for excellence at all, and the education is extremely poor. Very under resourced, very small. No support for the athletic programs at all and there are power games being played throughout every day with administration. No discipline in the classroom, very little productivity throughout the day. Teachers are not willing to work with the students and there is no motivation in anyone around the school to be great at any level.

Posted September 26, 2013
This school is a really good school for discipline problems but To be honest this school needs to work on it's organization then his school will be like FSUS well organized!

Florida A & M University Developmental Research School 5

Posted February 27, 2011
I happen to love FAMU DRS. The teachers, and other faculty members really take the time to teach and provide the guidance that these students need. I am a active parent who volunteers at this school weekly I am a very involved parent who is very concerned about my child's future. I chose this school because I had so many positive feedbacks on the type of enviroment, how the teachers were teaching and if they really took the time to actually teach their students. And I found that all of it were true. So please don't put down a school or even the teachers for that matter. Just take the time to help your child and your child's teacher to provide the best education possible, you have to be involved to show your child that you care about their future also.

Florida A & M University Developmental Research School 4

Posted October 06, 2010
I love Florida A & M Univ Develop Res because it is a great school and have dynamic teachers. The facilities are high tech. The teachers care about the growth of the students intellect more so than just passing a test. The administration has improve tremendously in organization. The sports program is also great. Overall, it is a great school.

Posted August 07, 2007
I have attended FAMU DRS for the past 8 years.Many people may say FAMU DRS...is a dump.I believe that is not true! My reasons are: -faculty/student communication is unlimited. -lunch is delectable -rarely any gang confrontations -class schedules are suitable and can be re-arranged promptly -Dual enrollment opportunities are at your finger tips since we are directly across from a 'higher' institute of learning(note: I have recently enrolled in a course my sophomore year) -Honor Roll recognition is highly praised(note: I have consistently been on the honor roll for the past 8 years) -Professional and well-rounded athletes attend/attended FAMU DRS -Extracurricular activities are earned and not given on to us for satisfaction, but for praises of achieved excellence! ~miss unsilenced student 7~ ********************************************************* My motto for school is: 'The dream begins with a teacher who believes in you, who tugs and pushes and leads you to the next plateau, sometimes poking you with a sharp stick called 'truth.'

Posted June 25, 2007
I had the misfortune of sending my child to FAMU this past school year. It was a total waste, and it hurt even more to hear my child say that FAMU hasn't taught her anything. The communication from the administrators and teachers were horrible. It was if they had their own agenda which did not include the kids. FAMU DRS needs strong, strong leadership, and teachers that has the best interest for the kids. As much as I tried to support FAMU DRS, things would happen to turn me that much more against them. It's hare for me to recommend FAMU DRS(which I don't thing much research is going on) to anyone else. FAMU DRS should be and could be with the right leadership, the place in Tallahassee that parents would wan't their kids to get and education. But not at this time. Hats off to the few Ms Warner.

Posted June 08, 2007
I was very disappointed in FAMU instead. As a graduate of FAMU, they are a poor representation of the University. Parental communication is limited to extracurricular activities and non academic matters. As a parent, academics are my major concern. In the beginning the school enforces a strict dress code, by the end of the year the male students are wearing their pants 3 sizes too big and the female students 3 sizes too small. FAMU will ensure that your child performs at an average level, but ask yourselves in todays society, is average good enough for our children? Don't make the mistake I made. I will have to spend the entire summer teaching my child skills instead do reinforcing skills he should have learned this school year.

Posted April 26, 2007
This year was a lot different for my two daughters, But I did enjoy them being at FAMU DRS this year. The classrooms are smaller then their past years in school,and the school is very family oriented. Next some of the teachers had bad communication with Parents. Also the administration could have been better at a lot of things they did this year. That is why I really think they can work harder next year to do better as a whole before the new school year gets here. I can say also their alot of good teachers at the school Mrs. Warner, the new math teacher Ms. Young to name a few. So keep up the good work. Angela Amos

Florida A & M University Developmental Research School 2

Posted February 21, 2007
This school did not meet my sxpectations. My daughter attended Kindergarten there. I was very please with her teacher 'Ms.Hughes' but everything else was a great disappointment. The staff was very unprofessional.

Posted May 18, 2005
FAMU DRS is a good school to have your children attend. It is especially suited for those students and parents looking for a smaller more 'family' like environment. The faculty and staff are professional and proficient, and currently changes are being made to increase the level of faculty. Last year, the schools FCAT grade was a 'D', but clearly the school is not a 'D' school. The biggest negative with the school is the actual building. It is very old, but plans are made to build a new school. As with other schools, budget availability has an impact on the level of extracurricular activities, and needs to be addressed by the administration and parents.

Florida A & M University Developmental Research School
400 West Orange Avenue, Tallahassee, FL  32305
Last modified Florida A & M University Developmental Research School is a Public school that serves grades K-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Florida A & M University Developmental Research School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 20 reviews. Top