Tallahassee, FL

Posted March 16, 2013
After reading all the reviews by other parents and students alike, I was totally impressed ! Its where I want to send my kids when we move to Tallahassee at the end of this school year!

Posted December 05, 2012
My grandson is 9 and started at Woodland Hall Academy in the fall of 2012. It was quite an adjustment for him to move to a much smaller class size and to receive so much personal instruction. He is thriving! I have complete confidence in the teaching staff and the administration. My grandson is learning - and re-learning how to learn. At Woodland Hall they employ many different teaching techniques and take the TIME necessary to help him to achieve mastery of the material. They move on to the next topic or skill based upon his personal readiness to go forward - not because the program or the calendar says it time move on. Most of all, the teachers and administrators take the time to explain to me what my grandson needs and why - and they do it while celebrating his unique gifts and abilities. Parent-teacher conferences were NEVER this encouraging and informative before coming here. I whole-heartedly endorse Woodland Hall and recommend it for any child who needs more than the standard education approach offered by many public schools.

Posted October 15, 2012
Woodland Hall Academy is a wonderful school. My children love it and they love learning. Before WHA, school was a challenge. It's because of the well-trained teachers, a director with many years of experience and a great principal that this school is such a gem!

Posted April 27, 2010
I have been attending Woodland Hall for 11 years & it is the best thing that has ever happend to me! Now im graduating in june with a full scholarship to TCC! If it wasn't for WHA then I probly woulda dropped out as soon as i could of!!

Woodland Hall Academy 0

Posted September 17, 2009
It's a great school that does an amazing job working with dyslexic students.

Posted July 05, 2009
We can't say enough about what WHA has done for our son. We just found out that our youngest is dyslexia and he will be starting summer school.

Posted February 08, 2008
I have a 10 year old son with mild disabilities. Woodalnd Hall took him in and tested him in a way that no-one else had ever taken into consideration, and two weeks after starting school I could see a remarkable improvment in his school work and he wasn't complaining about the work that he had to do, wow (like in other schools). This is the best school for my son. Thank you Woodland Hall!

Posted November 15, 2007
There has been such a dramatic change in my grandson who was in public & private schools not designed for the child with dyslexia and ADD. I cannot begin to say how wonderful the school is.

Posted July 26, 2007
Woodland Hall Academy is an excellent school for a student with dyslexia. My son was diagnosed in 7th grade. He was flunking in a public middle school after years of great elementary school grades. We were so frustrated that he just couldn't bring his grades up. He had given up hope and stopped trying. So had his public school teachers, unfortunately. Woodland Hall Academy has not only saved him, it's saved our relationship with our son. He's now in 10th grade and planning to attend a four-year university to become a lawyer and then enter politics! What a long way he's come from public school. Haven't teachers and administrators who are trained to work with and motivate students with a learning disability is what allows a child to feel successful and proud of the work they do. I highly recommend WHA to any parent.

Posted September 18, 2006
I can not say enough about how much Woodland Hall Academy has helped my son who has the learning disability dyslexia. By middle school he was failing math and grammar, had no confidence in himself and had simply given up on trying. He began WHA at the beginning of 8th grade and is now in his second year there. Unbelievable! The change is remarkable. What I value most is that he is now proud of the work he does and is excited about college and his future. WHA teaches the child not only to pass the test, but what they need to know in order to learn skills that will help them in their chosen professions. Dyslexic individuals are in every profession and must adapt how they learn to their environment. I know he will be successful in whatever he choses to do!

Woodland Hall Academy