Posted June 26, 2013
I have been attending The Magnolia School since 3rd grade, and I can honestly say that attending this school has changed my life for the better. When I first came to Magnolia, I was rather lacking in social skills. I hadn't had a particularly great time in public elementary schools, and I guess my parents placed me here. I also have a younger brother who at the time was entering kindergarten, that also helps. Anyway, after coming to Magnolia, I became a less antisocial person. Well, I'm the same person really, but...I guess I learned how to deal with people. I immediately started making friends, who I still talk to now. This coming year, I will be entering 8th grade, and after that, I'll be this place. It will be great to not be there, but I it's sort of bittersweet too. I've been reading the reviews, and to the two or so negative reviews: Magnolia is not a "just drop of your children and we'll teach them things" kind of school. Parent participation is imperative to the kind of learning that works best in this environment. I'm almost out of characters, but before I wrap this up, I just want to say that if all goes well, the bonds formed will haunt you for life...in a good way.

Posted February 08, 2013
my children, nephew and now my granddaughter have graduated from the Magnolia School. Magnolia School prepared them for making it in the further educational world and in real life. They were anxious to go to school in the mornings and participate in activities otherwise including field trips, weekend camping trips, etc. The Magnolia School helped them develop their abilities to think and figure out how to go about a problem, how to do research on any subject of interest or need and how to be a good human being.

Posted June 22, 2011
Our daughter is thriving at Magnolia School both academically and socially. We chose the school based on watching our friends' kids excel and mature in an environment that promotes learning and respect. Our daughter is thrilled with the school, and we're excited to see the daily challenges and long-term goals Magnolia works tirelessly to maintain. She has developed a love of learning that allows for so much growth beyond the classroom. Most importantly, Magnolia has helped us understand our role as parents in the learning process; I think we would have done fine in any situation, but the faculty and leadership keep us energized about learning with her. We have visited several schools over the years but overall, the community and pedagogy at Magnolia combine to create the perfect learning environment for our daughter right now. We will be a part of Magnolia for quite a while.

The Magnolia School 2

Posted March 30, 2011
My daughter attended Magnolia for more than four years until we pulled her out. She found that it was possible to do as little work as possible and still be praised. A loving attitude goes a long way in education, but so do high standards. I'm glad to see that the Magnolia parents responded to the call for positive reviews -- that's part of the community spirit -- and I'm sure they are heartfelt. Magnolia is a loving school, small, and inclusive. But don't be swayed by a PR campaign. Every child is different. Your child MUST be self-motivated if you expect them to do well. If they are not, they simply will not succeed -- and the teachers will praise them anyway. This is NOT a school for every child. My child left confused, far behind her peers, and ill prepared. In public school, she has caught up and finally is working to her potential. But that took a LOT of work. Magnolia was a waste of money and I regret the decision to place her there.

Posted March 01, 2011
The Magnolia School is the best option if your child benefits from indivdual attention in the classroom. As an alumnus of The Magnolia School, I can proudly say that I not only thrived in a creative learning environment, but I'm also a more well-rounded, patient, and tolerant person because I attended Magnolia.

Posted February 19, 2011
I'm currently in my first year at San Francisco Theological Seminary in California, where I continue to benefit from the individualized learning style that I adopted from my days at Magnolia School. Self motivation is key for real learning, and certainly for graduate school. Thank you, Magnolia School teachers.

Posted February 19, 2011
Magnolia School was a wonderful place to work and a great place for my daughter to start school. My older children would come in the summer. It was great.

Posted February 18, 2011
Magnolia School was a great start! I just finished graduate school and I believe magnolia school gave me the foundation I needed for my long academic journey.

Posted July 14, 2010
my two children, my nephew have and now my granddaughter is attending magnolia because they are treated as individuals and allowed to be creative in their learning. Expectations are high and learning is prime focus... not tests. Success is based on success.

Posted June 30, 2010
My kids love going to school every day - that is priceless. This is a family of really caring and involved staff members and parents. What could be better.

The Magnolia School