Tallahassee, FL
Before care: Yes

Posted July 14, 2014
My daughter went there from vpk3 to some of vpk4 and I am so happy with the overall outcome. The teachers really do care and the teacher to student ratio is perfect. I had to take my daughter out because we moved and all the news schools I've been searching for doesn't come close to what betton hills offered. If you want an academic head start for your child then betton hills is the school.

Posted November 08, 2013
My daughter go to this school. And I feel really comfortable her going to this school.

Posted October 31, 2013
Both my boys have gone to bettonhills since the begining of time. I have enjoyed growing with them through the years. I have always felt comfortable and secure with my childrens safety and well being and education while there. I've enjoyed every aspect and can't express enough how happy I am to have known the staff and families. I must say that this place will always have a special place in my heart because they truely make you feel like family and they are indeed ours.

Posted May 15, 2010
Great place for children to learn academics from Pre-K. They do participate in the Florida school readiness program. Great staff. Our child learned to read and write some words and do simple math even before kindergarten. We are very pleased.

Posted October 25, 2009
We recently enrolled our son in the VPK program after talking to some local residents. (We were new to the area). The feedback was good (even among teachers at other schools). It seems as if their reputation is justified. After only a couple of months he knows his letters, counting/simple math and is beginning to write. He keeps surprising me with new things that he learned. His coursework includes art, music and Spanish which I think is impressive for a pre-K program. The student body is diverse, which we wanted. I am quite pleased and I think it is a good choice for him.

Betton Hills Preparatory School 0

Posted June 04, 2009
I have a son in PK3 and a daughter who just finished the voluntary PreK program at Betton Hills. It has been touted as the best PreK program in our area & I have no doubt about that. The entire staff is very caring and completely committed to each and every child there. My son & daughter have excelled not only academically, but socially as well. The learning environment is stimulating and fresh. The emphasis on music & the arts is so refreshing, given the lack of attention to those programs in the public schools.

Posted November 07, 2007
My daughter has been going to Betton Hills since Kindergarten, because of the arbitrary cut-off the state has for entrance into Kindergarten. I am impressed with the small setting and the way that all members of the faculty and staff, including the principal, take time to get to know each and every child personally. My daughter has excelled academically. She has been a challenge to both of the teachers she has had (she has some impulsivity issues), but no member of the staff has ever suggested medication to control her behavior. They are very open to interventions to promote good behavior which, as a behavioral therapist, I appreciate. I would highly recommend the school to anyone.

Posted October 24, 2006
I've had a child in Betton Hills since 2001 and my second child started last year. This is a small school but with big hearts. We feel save every morning when we drop them off, knowing that they will be cared for all day. We have been very impressed with the curriculum. Our kids vocabulary and overall knowledge has surpassed what we had expected. This is not just a school to teach subjects, this is a school to prepare the kids for a successful future.

Posted April 02, 2006
We recently shadowed our child at this school after having repeated bad experiences with a local Leon Co public school. We are so impressed with this school and plan to enroll our 3rd grader next year along with our younger children. It is priced fairly and affordable for the average working family. This school is small and warm and like going back in time 30 years. My child who is very advanced compared to his classmates in public school is about average there, so we definitely need to remove him from the craziness of the No Child Left Behind Policy and the FCAT. No chairs flying through the air, fights, or pencil stabbings at this school. Students screened before enrollment. Violence not tolerated and problem students expelled. Feels safe. Teachers have a captive audience and no major discipline problems to contend with while teaching.

Betton Hills Preparatory School 3

Posted January 23, 2006
My child has learned alot from this well rounded curriculum. I have been very happy with the progress that is showing from Pre-K until 1st grade. Every year I have seen a wonderful perfomance done by the children that is very impressive. I do however feel they lack some quality in how to treat an ill child. I should not come to school at the end of the day to find out my child is sick enough not to be in the classroom since before lunch. This school pushes reading with the child nightly and assigns homework to be done with the help of an adult when needed as early as kindergarten.

Betton Hills Preparatory School
1815 N. Meridian Road, Tallahassee, FL  32308
Last modified Betton Hills Preparatory School is a Private school that serves grades PK-1
Betton Hills Preparatory School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 12 reviews. Top